• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Draft Sign Up Thread

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Hi guys. It feels like it's been a while since I've seen a new game pop up on around here, and since we're in seemingly a long void of nothing as far as Smash news goes what better time than now for a new game. This is another roster game but done in a draft style format.

Rules:

1. The draft order will be random with the picks being done in Serpentine order(1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1 and so on). I won't cap the number of people involved for now but I'll shut down sign ups at should we get a lot of interest.

2. The draft will last for 12 rounds, giving each player their own original 12 for their personal Smash roster. I am open to adding rounds based on feedback or if we advance fast enough.

3. All characters who originate in video games are eligible for this draft other than those who are already playable in Smash. Characters who are repped through alt costume(Koopalings, Hero alts, Alph) are also not eligible as well as purely 4th party characters. Spirits, Mii Costumes, Bosses, ATs, etc are draftable. I'm aware of a few characters who are on the line of 3rd and 4th party and their eligibility will be decided should someone draft them.

4. Characters are only eligible to be selected once. Alt forms of characters will be allowed as long as they are different enough from characters who already have been selected or are playable in Smash. For example, Paper Mario will be eligible while Tanooki Mario or Fire Flower Mario will not be. I'll make the final say should we run into any grey areas.

5. Due to potential timezone issues each person will have 24 hours to make a selection. Once 24 hours is up that players turn will be skipped, although skipped turns can still be taken at a later time. I'll try to @ people once 12 hours or so is up should it be necessary.

6. The only thing players are required to do is draft characters. Nobody needs to pick music, stages, spirits or anything extra. You can come up with extra stuff like that if you wish as long as it doesn't delay the draft.

7. Each roster may only have up to 2 playable characters per series. This is to keep the spirit of Smash as a crossover alive. That being said, there is no limit on selecting characters from specific companies, genres, etc. This rule may be updated should more rounds be added.

Participants:
1. Jomosensual
2. Hollywoodrok12
3. Keleyeemoh
4. Crushermania1592
5. BowserKing
6. Warpenguin55
7. Smashing Ramen
8. BlondeLobax

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here would be my Original 12 who are not in Smash yet:

Original 8:

1. Goemon
2. Shantae
3. Marina Liteyears
4. Nightmare
5. Mach Rider
6. Isaac
7. Chorus Kids
8. Ray (From Custom Robo)

Hidden 4:

9. Yoshimitsu
10. Ebisumaru
11. Risky Boots
12. Ayumi Tachibana

So I just went along with characters from franchises that didn't have a playable character yet as I figured it would be more fun that way starting out with the first game under your conditions.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Sounds cool. I’d like to participate.

Edit: question: in this theoretical roster, is every character picked between all players getting in or just the 12(?) we pick?

Last edited:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
This sounds fun, I'm in!

Question: Is there a competitive element to this, or are we all just picking characters? I'm interested either way, just curious.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Sounds cool. I’d like to participate.

Edit: question: in this theoretical roster, is every character picked between all players getting in or just the 12(?) we pick?
Everyone will have their own. So if you pick Toad, for example,he will be on your roster only.
This sounds fun, I'm in!

Question: Is there a competitive element to this, or are we all just picking characters? I'm interested either way, just curious.
Havent decided yet either way. Was considering making a post draft thread where we can explain pur rosters and a poll for people to vote on which their favorite is but was gonna wait until people were signed up first to see what everyone wanted to do

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Gonna give this a quick bump and an update on the start time. Originally wanted to start things up tomorrow but forgot I'll be unavailable to do so on that day.

Instead what we're gonna do is leave sign ups open for the rest of the day. I'll drop the draft order tonight or tomorrow morning before work and the official draft will start Friday. Sound good to everyone?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Awesome, got the 3 of you added now!

UPDATE: The appointment I had for tomorrow got cancelled so once I get the draft order posted I'll declare it officially open. Any late entries will be allowed to join in until round 1 is over with

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: As I meant to post in the last update, since I'm moving the draft start time up from Friday to whenever the first pick gets made, assuming nobody goes AWOL for an extreme period of time, nobody will be skipped for the 24 hour rule in round 1.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Alright, so the draft order has been randomized and it will be:
  1. Smashing Ramen
  2. Crushermania1592
  3. Jomosensual
  4. Hollywoodrok12
  5. Warpenguin55
  6. BowserKing
  7. Keleyeemoh
  8. BlondeLombax

With BlondeLombax then starting off round number 2.

Also, quick update to the rules since I forgot to mention it. Tag team characters are legal picks as long as they make sense(so no Koopa Troopa and Kratos, for example) and they can't be more than 3 characters together. Also, to keep from having any potential early round hording I'm gonna say no picking characters as an alt skin in this draft.

The official draft thread and a spreadsheet tracking the draft picks will be coming up soon

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Question about future drafts: Will there be restrictions for current draft game participants in joining any subsequent rounds if they happen?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Question about future drafts: Will there be restrictions for current draft game participants in joining any subsequent rounds if they happen?
Nope! Feel free to join into any others if someone else ever hosts another game like this.

Top Bottom