• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Brothers League (SSBL)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I used doug until he started CP'ing me to Peach's

then I had to pick pika, but come on, he asked for it. If he'd stuck DL or Hyrule, I'd've stuck doug.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
battlecow was in a freak car accident like a week ago, lost both his arms and both his legs

by "crippled" he means he uses his face to operate the controls

its actually pretty funny to watch, in an awful sort of way

The Star King

Smash Hero
battlecow was in a freak car accident like a week ago, lost both his arms and both his legs

by "crippled" he means he uses his face to operate the controls

its actually pretty funny to watch, in an awful sort of way
You're not going to even thank me for the entertainment?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Congratulations to Boom on winning the first ever SSBL season! Also congratulations to Jaime on winning the lower half! I also want to thank everyone for participating, and a special thanks to all those who were most active and played damn near all of their games.

This was a lot of fun guys, even though games kinda stopped being played near the end. I think the lesson learned there is less weeks in the season. I would like to do a second season at some point. I don't think I'd be participating, just because of time constraints, but I would gladly run the league again if there's interest. After all, we need more competitive events. If there is any feedback on how this could be done better I'm all ears. Post here or PM me with ideas. The second season wouldn't start any time soon (unless people are clamoring for it), I know it takes a lot of time to participate and people need breaks I'm sure.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'll be there again, I agree a shorter season would be good...if only because it's hard to keep interest in anything with smash64 (this is NOT at all why i could not play btw...)

Peek~

Smash Lord
Yeah a bit shorter would be nice. Maybe 10games
Might have to wait till next summer for this to happen again

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea I was thinking have divisions of 3 players, which would give 4 in division games, 3 in conference games, and 3 out of conference games = 10 games = 5 weeks. I may start up a new season in a month or so, kinda depends on if people really want it. I know some do, but that doesn't make a whole league. I hope it doesn't take until next summer to get enough people!

Also, to NTA and all the other people who made posts in here 'reserving' spots for next season, none of those are going to be considered for the next season. I will make it very clear in advance when signups will be open so everyone has a fair shot at signing up.

Mrsir

Smash Rookie
oh ****, getting called out. maybe if i played online, i'll swim out of pools.

Mrsir

Smash Rookie
yo clubba whens this league happening. ive been waiting for 5 years.

Top Bottom