• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open May 2020 is Coming Soon!

Wifi_doomsday_2020.jpg

Nintendo recently announced and opened up registration for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open May 2020!

As the name implies, only those living in North America can sign up for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open May 2020. However, there’s also another restriction. Players living in Canada and/or the United States must be at least 13 years old while players in Mexico must be at least 18.

The event will consist of 4 tournaments for 8 regions in North America. The first of these will begin on May 30th and they’ll run till June 21st, however some regions will be starting their tournaments later and/or ending sooner. The full schedule looks like this:
  • Regions 1 and 2 Ladder round begin on June 20th at 10 AM PT.
  • Regions 1 and 2 Top 32 bracket starts on June 20th at 2 PM PT.
  • Regions 1 and 2 Top 4 finals start on June 21st 10 AM PT.
  • Regions 3 and 4 Ladder round begin on June 13th at 10 AM PT.
  • Regions 3 and 4 Top 32 bracket starts on June 13th at 2 PM PT.
  • Regions 3 and 4 Top 4 finals start on June 14th 10 AM PT.
  • Regions 5 and 6 Ladder round begin on June 6th at 8 AM PT.
  • Regions 5 and 6 Top 32 bracket starts on June 6th at 12 PM PT.
  • Regions 5 and 6 Top 4 finals start on June 7th 10 AM PT.
  • Regions 7 and 8 Ladder round begin on May 30th at 8 AM PT.
  • Regions 7 and 8 Top 32 bracket starts on May 30th at 12 PM PT.
  • Regions 7 and 8 Top 4 finals start on May 31st at 10 AM PT.
Apart from the schedule all of these events share the same ruleset. You can find the full ruleset here although some things to note are that items are off, it’s 3 stocks, and that while the only legal stages are ones you’d expect to be here, the stage selection process is randomized. And of course, there are prizes for players who manage to win. The victors of the 4 tournaments will win download codes for Fighters Pass Volume 2, Splatoon 2, and ARMS.

If you’re interested in registering, you can sign up at Battlefy’s site here.

Author’s Note: Personally, I won't be able to play due to my housing situation and even if I could play I probably wouldn't because I have an extreme loathing for online play. However, I think it's pretty cool that Nintendo's giving people the option to play in online events like this and I hope everyone who participates has fun! Enough about my thoughts though, what do you think about this? Please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Top Bottom