• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Don't worry, I'm not rushing it. ;) As for the icons, there'll be about 600 new ones, and most of the old icons have been updated to have a blue background, thanks to all the hard work Gibdo Knight put in them. :)

Functionality wise, there will be a couple of improvements and of course new things.
Thanks for the info if it wasnt for you i could of never made these rosters so easily

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Don't worry, I'm not rushing it. ;) As for the icons, there'll be about 600 new ones, and most of the old icons have been updated to have a blue background, thanks to all the hard work Gibdo Knight put in them. :)

Functionality wise, there will be a couple of improvements and of course new things.
Whoa 600? Absolutely more than I expected, great news.

Jakor

Smash Ace
The version 6.0 is now up and ready to download! Let me know if everything is fine or not!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The version 6.0 is now up and ready to download! Let me know if everything is fine or not!
Downloaded and it's working fine! :)

Kudos to you and Gibdo Knight for the program and the icons. It's great!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Glad you guys like it. :) And don't be afraid to make comments if you have some, whatever they are. I'm open to any type of suggestions or criticism, even if it's just for a little detail that could be improved/changed.

And I must say the Wii Fit Trainer really took us all by surprised, especially myself since I thought I already had most if not all the potential characters in the Roster Maker. :smirk:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm having a little problem where I can't see Desc. Popularity, Neutral or Genderless buttons.

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Jakor, Buddy. I love your Roster maker, man. To show my thanks, I just created a link from Reddit to hear just now. I hope you get a surge of downloads, man!!

Jakor

Smash Ace
Might be because you're on a Mac, and I have no way to test it because I don't own one. At least you still have access to ilthe main functions. But since you helped me greatly with this version, I might do a v.6.1 just for you, and to other people that might have that problem. :)

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Glad you guys like it. :) And don't be afraid to make comments if you have some, whatever they are. I'm open to any type of suggestions or criticism, even if it's just for a little detail that could be improved/changed.

And I must say the Wii Fit Trainer really took us all by surprised, especially myself since I thought I already had most if not all the potential characters in the Roster Maker. :smirk:
It took my WAY by surprise; and I /love/ it. She was a BRILLIANT choice on Sakurai's part and I cannot wait to play as her.
In like 2 years.

Villager and Mega Man were also some of my most wanted, and so I'm like 100% hype for this game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Whatever happened to the random box? I've noticed it disappeared.

Overwise, looks awesome!

MrBill0327

Smash Cadet
Its Amzing and ive only found one error with where the character is but its not a problem anymore cause i can change it its that The Wonderful red isnt third party

Jakor

Smash Ace
Whatever happened to the random box? I've noticed it disappeared.

Overwise, looks awesome!
Last time I checked, the Random icon was still there. Maybe you're not looking at the right place. I'm not sure if that is a problem on my end or yours.
Its Amzing and ive only found one error with where the character is but its not a problem anymore cause i can change it its that The Wonderful red isnt third party
Thanks for the info! I thought he was third party like Bayonetta.

One more thing, I'd like to know if some of you have noticed some lags while using the Roster Maker. I made a lot of changes in the source code and while testing I noticed some functions took longer than usual to execute. Might be my laptop that is getting old or something, but it'd be great to hear if you have anything to mention regarding that.

Jakor

Smash Ace

Oh and I made a new wii fit trainer before you put up the 6.0 it is in my sig if you want me to send it to you.
Thank you but there is already 4 different icons for Link now in the Roster Maker. :ohwell: But if someone wants to use that one, they can always save it in their "images" folder, like usual.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Oh and I made a new wii fit trainer before you put up the 6.0 it is in my sig if you want me to send it to you.
This Icon
(already in the rostermaker, but named just Link) was made with Alttp in mind.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
I've never poster here before but I have been reading these forums. Anyway so I'm like new here and I was wondering if there's a way to add Epic Mickey, Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar to the program and then tell me how to update it to get them? Please?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Well, you could make the icons yourself with Paint or something, then add them to the "images" folder with the others. Then you go to the file menu in the program and click on "Add new character icons". They should then appear next time you boot the program. Or if you want, I could ask Gibdo Knight or someone else to make the icons.

PowerOfAllDragons

Smash Cadet
Well, you could make the icons yourself with Paint or something, then add them to the "images" folder with the others. Then you go to the file menu in the program and click on "Add new character icons". They should then appear next time you boot the program. Or if you want, I could ask Gibdo Knight or someone else to make the icons.
No. The background of the icon. Also, can you make Spongebob?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Sorry, I was replying to the other guy. And if you mean the blue background for the icons, there is a template you can use in the "utils" folder. And yeah, an icon for Spongebob could be made.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

"painting link" is on my wishlist roster, so i'll be using this icon. thanks!

Also...anybody have a tutorial on how to pake the icons? I'd love to make ones for Imajin and Zip.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
anybody else having problems adding icons? when i select add a new character icon, it doesnt do anything

Jakor

Smash Ace
anybody else having problems adding icons? when i select add a new character icon, it doesnt do anything
You must name all of your icon files with the prefix "Icon" like this: "IconDonkey Kong". Then, place your new icons in the "images" folder. Finally, start the program and click on the "Add new character icons" button. All of your icons should have now been added in the category "Special" by default. You can then edit the info for your icons if you want.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
You must name all of your icon files with the prefix "Icon" like this: "IconDonkey Kong". Then, place your new icons in the "images" folder. Finally, start the program and click on the "Add new character icons" button. All of your icons should have now been added in the category "Special" by default. You can then edit the info for your icons if you want.
I've got the icon in the file (saved as IconPainting Link.png), but when I select "add new character icons", it acts like its about to open a dialog box, then the box quickly goes away before its done loading. It doesn't add the new icon, and also the characters aren't searchable anymore. If I type in a name to search or sort by clicking "special" or one of the other options, it just goes to the very top of the list showing every character in the database alphabetically

EDIT: Nevermind. seems it was a temporary bug. i re-opened it and it's working fine.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hmm, actually thank you! I changed a few things last time regarding this function, and must have not tested it properly. It's weird you're the first one to notice it though, or actually maybe more like the first one to tell me. I'll fix it for the next version. For now though, it seems if you close the program and start it again your characters should appear.

And can you please tell me from what game is that "Zip" character in your signature from?

Jakor

Smash Ace
I actually think it's better if you use the same template that the other icons use. Your icon for Zip seems fine though.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I actually did use the same template for imajin too but for whatever reason the N in his name was extremely hard to make out, that's why I changed it. I'd much prefer the original template but i couldn't get the N to work

Jakor

Smash Ace
I actually did use the same template for imajin too but for whatever reason the N in his name was extremely hard to make out, that's why I changed it. I'd much prefer the original template but i couldn't get the N to work
You could just copy and paste the letters from the other template. The templates are all included in the "utils" folder. Anyway.

Jakor

Smash Ace
While it would surely be nice, I unfortunately don't necessarily have all the material or knowledge required to make an app for mobile platforms.

Top Bottom