• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this frequently happens with this site and other forums, it usually tends to sort itself out after a while. As you said, the images aren't really broken, just appear that way. You can still see them by replying/quoting the post. It's annoying but its just something you gotta deal with

and a test

edit: of course it worked now, lol
Ah, I see. And, yeah. They're working now. Appreciate the heads up!

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
For a second I thought there was a new version update, and then disappointment followed.

Alplex

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2122-7096-1612

Last edited:

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Since I've been such a big nostalgia dork lately, I went ahead and made icons for every Clayfighter character (this includes N. Boss, the evil clones from Judgment Clay, both versions of Hoppy, and also the scrapped characters).

I'll be uploading them in batches, depending on who debuted when, so here's the first group from the first game

Attachments

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Now here we have the guys who debuted in Judgment Clay

Attachments

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
And for the last one, I'll be combining the 63 1/3, Sculptor's Cut, and scrapped characters all in one post

Attachments

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Every Clayfighter icon that I made there has gotten a view, except for Taffy.

Not that I was expecting them to get a lot of views, they come from a pretty obscure fighting game franchise, but I just find it funny.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Went ahead and made new 3D icons for the original 8 playable characters (plus 1 from C2) just for the heck of it. Bad Mr. Frosty and Tiny were taken from the box art, Blob was done by MonicaKinomoto on Deviantart (being the only one who was never featured in 3D during the buildup to the first, which is odd considering he's been in all the games, just like BMF), Hoppy was taken from the box art for C2, and everyone else was taken from that Mortal Kombat parody poster.

I guess that's why I'm so fond of it personally; It was like the "Weird Al" Yankovic of fighting games, always parodying and making subtle jabs at other series in it's genre, whether it be in game or even through it's promotional material.

1588202236239.png
1588202246648.png
1588202264986.png
1588544963706.png
1588202302196.png
1588202309631.png
1588202329773.png
1588202336991.png
1588904087160.png

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Ok this is frustrating, I added the Ultimate icons to the roster maker (cause this hasn't been updated since E3), but it's not actually there. Like I put the icons in the "icons" folder, only for to search it up and not there (in Asc. name btw)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok this is frustrating, I added the Ultimate icons to the roster maker (cause this hasn't been updated since E3), but it's not actually there. Like I put the icons in the "icons" folder, only for to search it up and not there (in Asc. name btw)
After you've put icons into the Icons folder, open up SSB Roster Maker and click on File. Towards the bottom, there should be an option called "Add New Character Icons". (alternatively, press Control and i while you have the Roster Maker open)

If you mean that the new icons aren't in the icons folder, maybe you saved them incorrectly? Which icons are you trying to add? (though the Ultimate character icons should be the default ones in version 11 - the only ones that you should be missing are Terry and Byleth)

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
After you've put icons into the Icons folder, open up SSB Roster Maker and click on File. Towards the bottom, there should be an option called "Add New Character Icons". (alternatively, press Control and i while you have the Roster Maker open)

If you mean that the new icons aren't in the icons folder, maybe you saved them incorrectly? Which icons are you trying to add? (though the Ultimate character icons should be the default ones in version 11 - the only ones that you should be missing are Terry and Byleth)
Ok first off, the last version (11.0) hasn't had new Ultimate icons built in since E3, even the first post right off the bat shows. And secondly, I did do "control+I", but even if they're in the icons folder, they're not showing up!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok first off, the last version (11.0) hasn't had new Ultimate icons built in since E3, even the first post right off the bat shows. And secondly, I did do "control+I", but even if they're in the icons folder, they're not showing up!
Are they saved in the same format as the others, where it's Icon(character name).png?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, does anyone know how to post rosters on posts like these?
Once you've gotten the roster made, go to File in the top left corner and choose "Save Roster Image As" or press Control and S.

Upload the picture to a site like Imgur and post it here.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Once you've gotten the roster made, go to File in the top left corner and choose "Save Roster Image As" or press Control and S.

Upload the picture to a site like Imgur and post it here.
Yeah, but whenever I try to post an imagd through Imgur, it doesn't let me! It has "https://" instead of "http://"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah, but whenever I try to post an imagd through Imgur, it doesn't let me! It has "https://" instead of "http://"
Right click on the image, and select "Copy Image Address". Make sure that it has .png (or something like it) at the end (for example, this), since if it doesn't, then it's a link to the Imgur site (for example, this).

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Top Bottom