• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) gets its second trailer

mario-social-crop.jpg

The second trailer for the Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) was shown. Before the trailer, Shigeru Miyamoto, Chris Melendandri, Anya-Taylor Joy, and Seth Rogen opened with a few comments. We've included the trailer below.

Author's Notes: Done again. Wow. Let us know what you think!

Writer & Editor: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Umm. Mario Kart confirmed. Story information. The Kong family including Diddy, Funky, and Cranky. Multiple voice reveals. Confirmation of power ups like Tanooki Mario and Fire Peach. Possible indiciation of an NECU.

Lol ok. Bland indeed.
I'd say closer to a hook for a Galaxy themed sequel, but yes, plenty to go on here.

Peach is not acting particularly Peach like. I am hoping it is still a Mario movie and not a Peach movie.

Umm. Mario Kart confirmed. Story information. The Kong family including Diddy, Funky, and Cranky. Multiple voice reveals. Confirmation of power ups like Tanooki Mario and Fire Peach. Possible indiciation of an NECU.

Lol ok. Bland indeed.
and here i thought a mod would be above discrediting other people's opinions

and here i thought a mod would be above discrediting other people's opinions
Jesus Christ. Grow some skin.

Overall, I thought the trailer looked solid. I didn't expect seeing the entire Kong lineage at all. They definitely did their homework on this. Really looking forward to seeing more segments revolving around Brooklyn. More meta humor dating back to the Super Show and even the original movie would be really cool.

Last edited:
I think the trailer included a lot of cool stuff, but as far as promising a good film, I wasn't really pulled in. It'll be entertaining anyway though, with the mostly fantastic voice cast and the fun references.

D
Nah, this movie sucks. Chris Prat is Mario. Chris Prat is bad a bad actor, because of what he does when he is not pretending to be somebody else. Boycott, programming.

After thinking about it some more, the only thing I’d change about the Mario movie cast is to give literally anyone other than Chris Pratt the role of Mario, or at least someone who understands the source material better (best case scenario would be Charles Martinet, but I understand that’s not 100% possible).

D
See there's that programming I was talking about.

Nah, this movie sucks. Chris Prat is Mario. Chris Prat is bad a bad actor, because of what he does when he is not pretending to be somebody else. Boycott, programming.
And?

Boycotting because of an actor when you can watch for other stuff such as a story? Kinda sad to see people complain like this.

For the two trailers, it's very solid and shows alot of potential. Homework was done to make this great and wasn't expecting the Kong family nor all the Karts being used.

D
It was a joke to point out how stupid it is to do so.

Top Bottom