• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Amazing Franchise Crossover List

Crumkid4

Smash Rookie
So over the summer on Mothers Day, my cousin and I were talking about connecting other franchises to Smash Bros to see if we could connect any form of media to the game. We made a lot of connections and challenged each other to see who could make the longest chain.

Example: Dragalia Lost connects to Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem connects to Smash.
Example: Dragon Ball appears in Jump Force. Dragon Quest appears in Jump Force. Therefore Dragon Ball is connected to Smash.

This list became a fun summer project just to see how absurd the list could get visually and well here's what it looked like before I stopped.
Can anyone think of some franchises I may have missed? It's a big map so take some time to fully look around it.
Here is the link to the mindmup below. Feel free to discuss it in this forum.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
  • DiveKick has Johnny Gat from Saints Row as a guest. Saints Row 2 having the Ultor Coporation as its main antagonist is a crossover with Red Faction.
  • The Aqua Teen Hunger Force debuted on Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Carl from ATHF can be heard on the radio in Grand Theft Auto V, and Bully and Manhunt take place in the same universe as GTA.
  • Industrial buildings in SimCity could be processing Tiberium, a substance from Command & Conquer.
  • I Hate Running Backwards features characters from Enter the Gungeon and Hotline Miami, which you have listed, alongside ones from Serious Sam, Broforce, Nuclear Throne, and Shadow Warrior. Serious Sam and Shadow Warrior also crossed over with Postal in Oh Sir!.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If you haven't heard of Fraymakers that will have a lot of indie characters crossing over when it comes out, including Octodad, Henry Stickman, Orcane, etc.
Sonic crossed over with Mega Man in the comics (Archie's STH and Mega Man series). There was also a general Sega X Capcom crossover in those same comics.
Plus there's the Sonic Lost World DLC, which crosses over with The Legend of Zelda and Yoshi's Wooly World (separately sold btw).
This is a great list and it's honestly it's very inspiring you put so much time into this.

Crumkid4

Smash Rookie
  • DiveKick has Johnny Gat from Saints Row as a guest. Saints Row 2 having the Ultor Coporation as its main antagonist is a crossover with Red Faction.
  • The Aqua Teen Hunger Force debuted on Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Carl from ATHF can be heard on the radio in Grand Theft Auto V, and Bully and Manhunt take place in the same universe as GTA.
  • Industrial buildings in SimCity could be processing Tiberium, a substance from Command & Conquer.
  • I Hate Running Backwards features characters from Enter the Gungeon and Hotline Miami, which you have listed, alongside ones from Serious Sam, Broforce, Nuclear Throne, and Shadow Warrior. Serious Sam and Shadow Warrior also crossed over with Postal in Oh Sir!.
He
If you haven't heard of Fraymakers that will have a lot of indie characters crossing over when it comes out, including Octodad, Henry Stickman, Orcane, etc.
Sonic crossed over with Mega Man in the comics (Archie's STH and Mega Man series). There was also a general Sega X Capcom crossover in those same comics.
Plus there's the Sonic Lost World DLC, which crosses over with The Legend of Zelda and Yoshi's Wooly World (separately sold btw).
This is a great list and it's honestly it's very inspiring you put so much time into this.
Henery Stickman... OMG we can connect this list to Among Us...

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Oh I almost forgot, Sonic also crossed over with Fall Guys. I assume Fall Guys will get other crossover costumes at some point so this is huge.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Honestly, I'm completely surprised by the complete omission of Scooby Doo and DC Comics. (NEITHER BATMAN NOR SUPERMAN?!)

Oddball

Smash Lord
Here are crossovers for different franchises: Part 1: 80's
Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
E.T.
The A-Team
Knight Rider
I really hate whoever put together those lists.

They've got stuff like "this movie is mentioned", "there's a lunchbox showing ....," "a character dresses up as ....". Those things aren't crossovers. Batman mentioning the Ghostbusters movie isn't a crossover. Batman actually interacting with the Ghostbusters is a crossover.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I found a very old post from another site where I go all over the place.
Every fictional character can basically be traced back to Scooby-Doo via crossovers.

For instance, Hank Hill once met the Silver Surfer, who met Superman, who coexists in the same universe as Batman, who met Scooby-Doo.

Predator is an easy one, both him and Scooby-Doo met Batman, not to mention that both him and Batman met Mortal Kombat characters, who met Freddy Krueger, who, along with Jason Voorhees (another MK guest character), met Ash from Evil Dead, who met Xena.

Once you get to public domain characters, of course Dracula and Santa Claus have met everyone, so those connections become like shooting fish in a barrel. Buffy the Vampire Slayer met Dracula, who, yes, met Batman, who met Scooby-Doo.

Kingdom Hearts = Disney & Square-Enix, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? = Disney & Warner Bros. (and a bunch of other cartoon studios), Superman and Bugs Bunny = Warner Bros. and DC, and so does the episode of Duck Dodgers where he becomes a Green Lantern.

Super Smash Bros. alone connects back to Soul Calibur/Namco-Bandai in general, Kingdom Hearts again, Image Comics (Sonic met the Image characters once, including Spawn and the Savage Dragon, not to mention both Link and Spawn being guests in Soul Calibur), Transformers (Snake was in that DreamMix TV Fighters thing with Optimus Prime and Megatron), Star Wars (again, Soul Calibur), anything CAPCOM’s ever VS’d (Mega Man and Ryu), Shin Megami Tensei/Persona (thanks to that Fire Emblem thing), Skylanders, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (CAPCOM, Namco, and Metal Gear/Konami again), Rayman (and thus the Ninja Turtles, since the damn Rabbids were in the TMNT Smash-Up game), and LEGO Dimensions (thanks to Sonic, and this game’s yet another intentional cluster****, but even more so). Probably some other things I didn’t even mention, as well. All of these things either directly go back to or can be connected to Scooby-Doo, the apparent center of the universe.

This of course, also means that anything else that ever met Scooby-Doo can connect back. Numerous real life celebrities, the Addams Family, the WWE, KISS, everything in Hanna-Barbera, and again, some stuff I don’t remember right now.

Theoretically, Sephiroth, Hank Hill, Sub-Zero, Xena: Warrior Princess, Bugs Bunny, Jar Jar Binks, Pac-Man, Megatron, Ken the Eagle, Chie Satonaka, Crash Bandicoot, April O’Neil, the A*Team, the Ghostbusters, Gandalf the Grey, Andre the Giant, and Space Ghost all exist alongside each other in some cosmic sense.

I wish this wasn’t the one thing where I’m an expert. And yes, all these things happened. I hate this. Ask me any character, and I can do this.

epicpeachtime

Smash Rookie
Since Ayano from Yandere Simulator appears in Crush Crush, both it and Blush Blush could be added (they share the same universe)

Lucius from Jimmy Two Shoes appears in Skatoony

Namco High has multiple characters from series in Smash (GALAGA, Katamari, Pacman) and has Homestuck characters as well

Cookie Run Kingdom had a crossover event with both Sonic and Disney characters, while Ovenbreak had a crossover relating to Hello Kitty

The Art Style Series released PiCTOBiTS, which has Nintendo characters

SMITE had a crossover with the band SLIPKNOT. Music is also being considered, dear lord.

Multiversus has Batman (already mentioned), and recently added Lebron James. Not even sports are safe now...

Edit: Clarified a bit about Namco High's relations

Last edited:
Top Bottom