• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ness is now one of my most favorite characters to watch.
On that subject... I went to Ottawa twice this weekend. One for ECHO 2016, one for a weekly last night. I get to be on stream and I'm ALREADY a fan favorite! XD

ECHO 2016 highlight
(Actual set with Fwed is here)

Dimensional SHAZAM

NO CHILL LOL

I have literally NEVER fought an MK before (not even online) and that happened. :p

I'll get to posting my sets at the weekly along with my tourney results later on! :)

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
On that subject... I went to Ottawa twice this weekend. One for ECHO 2016, one for a weekly last night. I get to be on stream and I'm ALREADY a fan favorite! XD

ECHO 2016 highlight
(Actual set with Fwed is here)

Dimensional SHAZAM

NO CHILL LOL

I have literally NEVER fought an MK before (not even online) and that happened. :p

I'll get to posting my sets at the weekly along with my tourney results later on! :)
Fwed. Needs. To. Get. His. Act. Together.

Tell that man to solo main fox and look up sonichurricane.com . He's pretty bad lol

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, RPGs are currently selling alright for Nintendo, and we got Mother 1 last year. Anyone catch my train of thought?

One can hope...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So I'm done with Good Friends Bad Friends and Humoresque of a Little Dog, and I'm working on the Smash Bros. version of Smiles and Tears (which I will afterwards expand into the full song from EarthBound). So, that's how it's been since I got the keyboard.

In other news I've been having a ton of fun with Ness getting ridiculous kills as him.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
So I'm done with Good Friends Bad Friends and Humoresque of a Little Dog, and I'm working on the Smash Bros. version of Smiles and Tears (which I will afterwards expand into the full song from EarthBound). So, that's how it's been since I got the keyboard.

In other news I've been having a ton of fun with Ness getting ridiculous kills as him.
Check the vid above out ^__^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey guys, I'll be gone from tomorrow until the 19th on a business trip. Other mods will be checking up to see if everything's going ok. Please be as good as you guys always are for them.

Thank you!

-Yink

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I no longer live there, but I used to. I went to Umebura events and stayed with a few Japanese Smashers while there. I miss it greatly, and my Japanese is deteriorating. I'm an artist and art historian.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Was he really not close enough to snap the ledge on that first one? :/ Something to keep in mind, I guess.

That second SD (bouncing off the ledge) is probably the only thing that should be fixed, but I've found that aiming for a spot a bit farther off the ledge lets him snap like normal. It's a weird thing to have to do to not SD, but it could be worse.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So, somehow, while messing around on my keyboard while trying to learn Smiles and Tears, I was able to find the keys needed to play the original 8 melodies, and now I know that so ya, awesome.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Songs learned on the piano so far (in this order):

1. Good Friends Bad Friends
2. Buy Somethin Will Ya
3. 8 Melodies (while still learning...)
4. Smiles and Tears (SSB4 version)
5. Paula's Theme

Probably going to do a town theme or Pollyanna next.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
On Wednesday I had a 6 people tournament with co-workers. I used Ness through most of it, only playing against two people. First guy I pretty much landed a lot of KOs with PK Flash. Forgot to save videos for matches against him. During finals, I used Ness for my first match and saved it.
Maybe I spam PK Fire too much? Are there ways I can improve my play?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
All of Top 8 was amazing, every set felt so hype. And even though FOW didn't quite make it all the way, he still made Ness look damn good. Really, this just felt like a good weekend for Ness overall, with Shaky also breaking single digits at 9th place. Definitely a good time to be a Ness main.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah G3 makes me really happy, a lot of people have been sleeping on him and I think this brings him back to the conversation table.

@Shaky and FOW deserve a massive congrats!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Was playing Smash on my Wii U with co-workers as random when I got Ness. Him being one of my mains = I got salty when I lost that game. Team battle against Ike and Dark Pit. Being salty, I decided to pick Ness until I won more matches than lost as him. I then lose the next two, win one, then lose one before winning the last two matches for the night. I'm still salty I lost 4:3 matches. >_>

What's a good way to deal with Ike and Dark Pit on a team? Whenever I approached Ike to stop him from charging a Smash attack, an arrow would hit me and I would then eat the Smash attack...I should also shield more when Dark Pit uses Forward B, but he seems to use it when I use projectiles...

Edit: The three I won were because I got the Final Smash (only item on). My partner isn't that good...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So here's what I've done:

Good Friends Bad Friends
Buy Somethin Will Ya
Eight Melodies
Smiles and Tears (SSB4)
Paula's Theme
The Lost Underworld
Onett

And, at long last, Pollyanna. Pretty happy with that...

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Was playing Smash on my Wii U with co-workers as random when I got Ness. Him being one of my mains = I got salty when I lost that game. Team battle against Ike and Dark Pit. Being salty, I decided to pick Ness until I won more matches than lost as him. I then lose the next two, win one, then lose one before winning the last two matches for the night. I'm still salty I lost 4:3 matches. >_>

What's a good way to deal with Ike and Dark Pit on a team? Whenever I approached Ike to stop him from charging a Smash attack, an arrow would hit me and I would then eat the Smash attack...I should also shield more when Dark Pit uses Forward B, but he seems to use it when I use projectiles...

Edit: The three I won were because I got the Final Smash (only item on). My partner isn't that good...
I actually had something similar to this happen to me at a convention. I played in a 8 man smash and as people started to lose. I got more and more focus and tournament oriented. All I wanted to do was kill people with Cloud's Limits.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Does anyone else love the feeling of knowing an MU like the back of your hand? My best friend and doubles partner mains Diddy so I almost never lose to Diddy's. Maybe it's just because I know what Ness can do out of glide toss banana but something about knowing more about your opponent's character than they do is so satisfying.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Does anyone else love the feeling of knowing an MU like the back of your hand? My best friend and doubles partner mains Diddy so I almost never lose to Diddy's. Maybe it's just because I know what Ness can do out of glide toss banana but something about knowing more about your opponent's character than they do is so satisfying.
I feel this way about Fox lol. And I LOVE teaming with Fox in dubs. XD

But I've played so many Foxes online and only fought them twice in bracket, I want to get myself eating them Foxes for breakfast on stream. There's 2 Fox mains (used to be 3 but one of them switched to THE Cloud haha) here lol. There's this one Fox who gets pretty damn salty with ease ESPECIALLY vs my Ness, I still look forward to facing him. :3

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I know this ain't the Lucas boards but well, it's got something to do with our PK Bro. I was just going through the Sound Clips for whatever reason and I didn't recognize Lucas' Clip 30 at all. Can anyone take a listen and tell me when he/possibly one of his moves makes a noise like THAT?!?!

Also I've learned Fourside and Twoson on piano.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I know absolutely nothing about this, but please let it be true!!!

I've also learned to play Twinkle Elementary School on piano.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
wtf Luco Luco you're back and already putting in work! Congrats on the win and the perfect record ;)

Are you using more Ness or Lucas nowadays?
Thankyou!! I just wasn't expecting to get 1st, but it's given me so much more experience already and I'm really looking forwar5d to more tournaments. I don't expect that perfect record to last too long but we'll see! :D

Sunday was the first time ever that I found Lucas was doing better than my Ness in certain MUs and against certain players. Lucas carried me through GFs against Killy's Sonic where Ness just couldn't keep up, but my Ness did far better against MM's Bayonetta than my Lucas did (MM sent me to losers early on in the tournament when I used Lucas against his bayo). I also went against Boundaries' Bayo (incredibly strong btw) and as a contrast my Lucas did far better against him than my Ness, so I was switching a lot.

I'm hoping they'll be true co-mains in the future like they were during this tournament, so we'll have to see. They're both really good, and maybe Emblem Lord was right and Lucas is secretly as good as Ness and people just don't know it yet lol. :p

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
They're both really good, and maybe Emblem Lord was right and Lucas is secretly as good as Ness and people just don't know it yet lol. :p
Ya. Most likely. They're similar but different, but close enough to be next to each other on the tier since they're just about as good as the other.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
That feeling when you land Ness' dair on someone and spike them with it twice in one match and you don't even lose a single stock

As someone who barely relies on that move and sees it as his least reliable aerial move, I decided to reach for it twice and had it work perfectly each time, it felt pretty good.

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
The last time I successfully landed a D-air spike on someone, we were playing on Wuhu (in a friendly) and the stage came back up and saved him. >.<

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
The last time I successfully landed a D-air spike on someone, we were playing on Wuhu (in a friendly) and the stage came back up and saved him. >.<
Even the game won't give Ness his chance as spiking glory.

It's too bad that I feel your pain and have had this happen to me too, except it was at Prism Tower. That short lived happiness is what hurts the most.

D

Deleted member

That feeling when you land Ness' dair on someone and spike them with it twice in one match and you don't even lose a single stock

As someone who barely relies on that move and sees it as his least reliable aerial move, I decided to reach for it twice and had it work perfectly each time, it felt pretty good.
Ness' down air is incredibly satisfying to land in any game. 64 and Project M in particular. :ness2:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've been able to land Ness' d-air quite a few time recently against CPUs. Then again, they're only CPUs, on difficulty 5-7...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

64 dair is godlike.

See that Ness in my 64 slot? Yeah. :laugh:
Melee and Brawl dair were pretty decent too. It and, fair and bair were like his only decent moves in the former game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Melee and Brawl dair were pretty decent too. It and, fair and bair were like his only decent moves in the former game.
Agreed. 64 Ness is pretty bad, but I love pulling off fun stuff with him.

Especially in FFAs. :upsidedown:

Top Bottom