• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Stomping Nemesis, Polar Bear for Smash

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I would not mind the Polar Bear. Although personally, I always liked the idea of the Ice Climbers getting an echo fighter called the Topi Team, where you play as the two different Topi designs. (For those who don't know, the Japanese version of Ice Climber had seals as enemies, but they were changed into yetis in other regions to avoid association with seal clubbing)
1631646057869.png
1631646063626.png

But, yeah...the Polar Bear is definitely more likely. Either way, you can add me to support this.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't about a Ice Climbers reboot, a Ice Climbers newcomer just seems way more likely. Ice Climbers has the potential to be an interesting I.P tho.

I don't know man, I think Ice Climbers are only one to be Represented.
Better Polar bear can return as Smash Run enemy, since he is a Enemy. Unless, if we got already a IC reboot, where Polar Bear does more that walking and Jumping, like he could Slash with his or make a Earthquake where ice pillars are rising from (Icy) Ground.

That would be cool, but I'm gonna support him no matter how he would work, he is still COOL guy. (No Pun)

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't know man, I think Ice Climbers are only one to be Represented.
Better Polar bear can return as Smash Run enemy, since he is a Enemy. Unless, if we got already a IC reboot, where Polar Bear does more that walking and Jumping, like he could Slash with his or make a Earthquake where ice pillars are rising from (Icy) Ground.

That would be cool, but I'm gonna support him no matter how he would work, he is still COOL guy. (No Pun)
The point of speculation is to dream big. If you look through the dictionary for support threads, most characters have little to no chance, but there's hope that makes you support them because they look cool or interesting.

Bowser barely had animations before his debut in Melee. Heck, even Peach barely had animations before Melee.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The point of speculation is to dream big. If you look through the dictionary for support threads, most characters have little to no chance, but there's hope that makes you support them because they look cool or interesting.

Bowser barely had animations before his debut in Melee. Heck, even Peach barely had animations before Melee.
And even what they did have they didn’t necessarily use

UserKev

Smash Champion
In terms of the Polar Bear's recovery, I can totally see the Polar Bear grabbing and holding on to the Condor enemy as the Ice Climbers even use it as they're stage intro. It'd fly the polar bear in a diagonal order on to the stage. Downside, it'd be slow and short, leaving the polar bear opened as an easy target.

Attachments

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I am in support of that polar bear. Imagination, take up and take off...

As a perk, the screen shakes violently upon a fully charged smash attack, making opponent characters difficult to control for a few moments.

... and light upon the ground again... I would probably have to spend significantly more time to imagine each move, and what would count for a Classic Mode route, but support the polar bear, despite.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I am in support of that polar bear. Imagination, take up and take off...

As a perk, the screen shakes violently upon a fully charged smash attack, making opponent characters difficult to control for a few moments.

... and light upon the ground again... I would probably have to spend significantly more time to imagine each move, and what would count for a Classic Mode route, but support the polar bear, despite.
I also love the inspiration I have from Tankman's suggestion of one of the polar bear's move causing ice pillars. The polar bear using a stomp that causes falling icicles would be badass. Maybe it could be Final Smash material.

Top Bottom