• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Staff Wielding Alchemist! Ryza of Atelier Ryza for Smash DLC!

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Ryza
506-5065691_the-new-atelier-game-looks-fun-atelier-ryza-removebg-preview.png
Ryza (Full name: Reisalin Stout) is the main protagonist of the 2019 game, Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout which is the 21st game in the Atelier series. She will also be the main protagonist of the game's sequel releasing in 2020. She is an alchemist and wields a staff. I decided to make a thread for her because there has been recent speculation of her being in Smash and her game is getting a direct sequel with the same protagonist which has never happened in the Atelier series before. Her new game was also featured in the Japanese version of the latest Nintendo Direct Mini. The Atelier games are turn-based JRPGs developed by Koei Tecmo and are known for their use of crafting mechanics. In the games, you can gather materials in the world using tools and also use alchemy to alter your surroundings. We don't really have any alchemy based characters in Smash yet so I think she has the potential to be a very interesting and unique character. On top of this, Atelier Ryza also has a mechanic known as "AP" or "Action Points" which are gained over time in battle to use special skills. Some could argue her design might need to be toned down for Smash but I don't think it is bad honestly.

Ryza for Smash.png

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Also if anyone wants to check out her game, it is currently on sale on Steam and the Switch eShop.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
She didn't have a thread? Well, put me down as the first second supporter then, if you want to make a support list.

I didn't post fast enough to be the first supporter. D:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind her being in smash! Just bought it yesterday (haven't really played much yet) but I'd love to see how an Atelier character would work in smash

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'll throw my hat in the ring. Atelier looks pretty fun, and I think I'll check it out sometime after I get through Xenoblade.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
At this point Gust seem to be pushing her a lot more than the other alchemists, and while my perfect scenario, would be something akin to teh belmonts, with 2 alchemists, ryza certainly has gained more notoriety and has the shill factor strong.

Support.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm in.

Atelier Ryza has been eluding me for ages and I want to get the game at some point. I was going to get it at launch but wasn't able to get a physical Switch copy and I bought Death Stranding over it.

Now it stands as one of my five wanted to play games. I'm going to see my money this week before getting it. Plus I got nothing to look forward for a while so I'll see.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I don't really think her design should be toned down.
Also, does she use cool attacks with her staff?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I don't support Ryza, as I haven't played her game and don't know much about her. With that said, she seems like a great choice for an underdog character to get into Smash, like Joker and Terry. Plus, Koei Tecmo currently doesn't have a playable character in Smash. I wouldn't underestimate her chances at all.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It is hilarious though that before that fake leak, Ryza didn't enter most people's radars, she didn't even have an official support thread made! After recently downloading and playing Atelier Ryza, I am in full support of her in Smash!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Been planning on making this for a few days, but every day after work i was exhausted. Glad someone one made it, and sign me up

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Supported, just bought Ryza 1 on sale after her sequel was announced and I’m already in love with the game! I think Alchemy could provide interesting moveset potential

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
I jumped on the game as soon as it came out and I've loved it since!
Never really thought about her in smash though, but I'd absolutely love to see her join. I'm sure they could make a very interesting character out of her. One of the very few character's I'd be over the moon for to see appear! Fingers crossed.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
While I like her as an independent character, it feels like she would fall into the same argument "new faces advertising" with Joker. And the uniqueness of past heroines don't allow Ryza to do the alt trick again.

Her game has successful sales and a sequel, so I understand why Gust want to push her. I'm fine with this franchise, just Ryza would be merely neutral IMO.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Lets me share a few pictures to celebrate the sequal and her for smash in general.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And i just found this gif very amusing

JRice89

Smash Rookie
She would be a perfect choice as representation for Smash, count me in!

Please continue to support Ryza.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I just hope if we get any Atelier rep, we get some Totori music

I really wish that they would do a Castlevania, or Snk music selection, but at least i would settle with a persona like selection, with a couple of older games too and some sweet remixes.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice

I really wish that they would do a Castlevania, or Snk music selection, but at least i would settle with a persona like selection, with a couple of older games too and some sweet remixes.
That'd be perfect! But at least Ryza has good enough music in her game if they didn't pick from different games in the series

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
I definitely support her. While I haven’t played a single game in the series, I support anyone.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I saw this on twitter and had to laugh. Ryza got thiccer.

And before you guys say anything i know the game is more then just her thighs, but you got to admit it did bring in a lot new fans. Came for the thighs, stayed for the fun game.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
If it was for me, i would rather get only 2 alchemists in a Belmont style. but It seems that echoes are completely out of the question.
That would be nice, I’d love Ayesha but I’d be happy if Ryza made it. The series may not be the most well known but it certainly very unique and long running amongst the rpg genre.

Last edited:

scaPEGoat ~

Smash Cadet
I started playing at the recent Atelier Ryza. I played more others to get to know better. It's a good game, but it doesn't appear on the priority list. With the fake leaks that leaked on the internet. I believe that the Atelier has less chances. Koei Tecmo is involved in Smash Ultimate and the base game has not added anything decent to represent. The only relevant content is FE3H dlc. Koei Tecmo helped Nintendo to develop

Last edited:

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Been seeing a lot of Atelier Ryza stuff going around lately.
Lots of sales in digital stores, an update to the game that adds an easier mode, the life-size statue of Ryza being sold for a ton of money and I just saw news on a manga in the works (man, I hope it doesn't stay Japanese exclusive).
I'm really curious to see what Atelier Ryza 2 will have in store for us, they seem to really be building up the Ryza hype XD

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know what after thinking it over... Yeah I support.

Ryza is making a name for herself with the amount of appearances she's been making in other games and merchandise, she's basically the Joker of her series with how successful her game has been, we don't really have a character focused in alchemy, and she's also really cute.

I think she'd be a pretty sweet addition!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ok, can someone make a moveset for her? I would like to, but I don't know what moves she has in game.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
and I just saw news on a manga in the works (man, I hope it doesn't stay Japanese exclusive).

I hope that the adaptation is better than the Atelier Escha and logy anime series.

Atelier escha and logy is my favourite story, with my favourite cast of characters, and its feature best girl Escha... yet the anime still managed to be awful T.T.

BTW, Sophie from Atelier sophie once got featured on a musou game.

Also.. it literally means nothing, but Atelier ryza 2 is the first atelier game ever to be announced first on a nintendo system (The DS spin offs don't count)

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I’m not making the same mistake with Atelier Ryza 2 like I did with the first one. I’m going to get it physically for sure, the first one seems rare nowadays.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I've started sketched out a rough concept for a potential Ryza moveset. I probably won't be able to complete it until I actually get my hands on the game, so feel free to build off of my foundation. Since I haven't played an Atelier game yet, this is all subject to change.

Ryza primarily fights using a combination of whatever tool she has on hand, but she isn't afraid to start punching and kicking, even if she has no actualy training in that field. Her gimmick is Resources, a counter that fills up as she does damage. These resources are used in her neutral special as a simplified version of Atelier's signature Alchemy.

Her neutral special, as mentioned above, has her bring out her cauldron and start crafting. This takes the form of a dial menu a la Shulk's Monado Arts, allowing her to select her item of choice. This manifests as a standard item that can be held and thrown, though they're all unique items taken from the Atelier games. While holding specific items like, say, a Bob-Omb or a Rage Blaster, Ryza can craft unique creations with special properties.

Her side special is Harvest. This has Ryza simply swing her tool forward. If she makes contact, she will gain a more resources than she would usually gain.

Her up special is... Something. Still need to fill in that blank. Maybe a chemical reaction-based explosion or something? I dunno...

Her down special has her change her tool. By default, she wields her signature staff. As of current, she also has access to a scythe and a hammer. The staff is fast and has good reach, but is weak. The scythe deals consistent damage, but has the least range. The hammer is strong, but slow, and relies on the sweetspot at the end to deal any real damage.

Still need a final smash and all the stuff she can create, but it's a good start. What do you think?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I normally make a spirit board for characters I support but I had a better Idea for Ryza

All the ateliers are pretty similar Might as well make her alts other Ateliers

Left to Right: Ryza 2, Ryza 1, Rorona, Sophie, Totori, Marie, Escha, Firis

If no one vibes with the Ryza 1 and 2 design replace one of them with Lulua

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think ryzas chances went up a lot woth the new hyrule warriors game shown. Nintendo has show to be very close to the company, and us getting a character from them went up. I feel its between Ryu and Ryza. Ryu has the legacy status with ninja gaiden, Ryza has the points of her franchize is the big thing for the company now, she is the most popular main character of the series, has a new game coming to the swotch, and her moveset would be a lot more unique then ryus, which sakurai seems to be prioritizing

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think ryzas chances went up a lot woth the new hyrule warriors game shown. Nintendo has show to be very close to the company, and us getting a character from them went up. I feel its between Ryu and Ryza. Ryu has the legacy status with ninja gaiden, Ryza has the points of her franchize is the big thing for the company now, she is the most popular main character of the series, has a new game coming to the swotch, and her moveset would be a lot more unique then ryus, which sakurai seems to be prioritizing
I really, really don't think it's a contest of uniqueness, especially with Nintendo picking the characters. That statement was just a vague thing to keep fans happy, and Sakurai himself probably just looks at everyone and goes "Yeah, that's cool." It should also be noted that Ryza, despite bringing Atelier to it's best spot in years, is still petty niche in the grand scheme of things. Atelier's been getting a push lately, but it's not that big.

Top Bottom