• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ The SSBM Times ~ (euro tournament news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
announcement:

I've added a new feature

player performance...

check out the first post

this is probably a bit contraversial, but I thought about a fair system for a while.

first off: only international events count, so you can't get points advantage because your country organises more tournaments than the other countries.
still, some people can travel more than others... so what I do is: I divide the points collected with the number of events the player participated in. that way, participating less has not much of a negative inpact. participating a lot and placing badly at an event will have a negative influence this way.

if people still think this is not fair at all, I'll consider removing this feature.

important!
this is not a power ranking. it's just a tourney points system.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
"Das Smash-Deutschland-Kettensägen-Massaker" (Germany) is comin' up in summer 09
in Hannover (Nethern Saxonia)

It's hosted by NRG & HoT !!
There is no SWF thread so I tell u ^^

It's gonna be sth. like the best SSBM-Players from northern Germany gather to have fun and play Melee !!
People like Luma, perfect_shadow(I WILL take him there ! xD), Dr.Dead, Pamaro, Ice and many more will be there so this is goin' to be about the German-SSBM-Crown or sth. like that !! ^^

wisl

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot milkieee
I'm glad people read my intro :)

I'll make an anouncement in the first post for this.

edit: can you post here, when they know a date for this, milkiee?

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
Nice thread wisl! :)

btw, that scoreboard, since Faab and I are on divided place 9th, should Ice, Kjab and Kriz be 11th instead of 10th? But in anycase, keep this rolling you're the best!

Blad01

Smash Lord
This new feature is really good and looks awesome ^^

(The only flaw being someone placing among in the bests posts with 2 early tournaments and not attending all the others... But I guess this is not gonna happen, since there is nothing to win :p)

wisl

Smash Journeyman
neutroni: you're probably right. and thanks

blad: also thanks.
if people get inactive and it messes up the list, I'll set the minimum attendance higher so that they would be off the list until they attend another tourney. but I think it won't be necessary.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
announcement:

The SSBM Times

&

The National Lottery of Belgium

present:

Times' Summer Bounty

I got a bit lucky with a lottery ticket and I'm going to invest it in hype..

Money will be given away according to the following rules:
somewhere at the end of the summer of 2009 (exact date to be announced), I'm going to look at the Player Performance list (see first post).
Top placing smashers will have to do a money match the next event they both go to, and The SSBM Times will give the winner the price money.
The smasher in 1st position vs 2nd position: award €50.
The smasher in 3rd position vs 4th position: award €25.
The smasher in 5th position vs 6th position: award €12,5.

I thought that would result in some fun matches.

Rules for the MM:
- the matches need to be recorded! (+ uploaded on youtube, titled "Times' Summer Bounty: ??? (char) vs ??? (char)", and a link to this post in the description)
- 4 stock, best out of 3
- advanced counterpicking + dave's stupid rule (no stage you have already won with)
- random stages: FD, DL64, PS; counterpick stages: BF, YS, KJ64, FoD; 1 reset, no stage bans

sounds good? :cool:

wisl

Smash Journeyman
short answer: in the future, let me know of your Lyon results and the characters (pm me), if the number of participants is above 10 people.

long answer: well, I don't show full results here, mostly top 8 only and I link to the full results, where possible (click on the title of the tournament). so the results you see here are not from tournies with 8 entrants.
but I do keep track of small tournaments. I just haven't put a minimum on the entrants yet. for now it's minimum 10..
I recently added a rule though, that I would only use the top 4 from tournies under 16 entrants for the character statistics. so that it still represents a certain level of performance.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
update:

I've just added several older tournaments in france, since 10/2008 (see first archive post, page 1) (thanks slhoka!).
I'm checking out all the foreign forums. This update concludes the results for France up till now. And I'll be doing this for every country the next days/weeks, because it seems I missed a lot of the smaller local tournies.

But it's really hard for me to navigate and find tournament threads in foreign languages. so please, in the future, pm me a link if there's an upcoming local tournament on your local forum! (even small ones)

porc

Smash Journeyman
4: niam (Link)
niam played Link and Samus (just making sure Samus gets her points :))

Oh and if you care enough :

Tournoi du Mini Lion 3 (March 8th, 2009 - Lyon, France) :
singles :
1: Darko (CF)
2: Salepâte (Marth)
3: porc (Samus, Fox)
4: Boo (Fox)
5: Wii Lee (Falco)
5: Mrik (Sheik)
7: Tsuna (Fox)

teams :
1: Salepâte + porc (Marth/Samus)
2: Darko + Boo (CF/Fox)
3: Mrik + Tsuna (Sheik/Fox)
4: Genius + Wii Lee (?/Falco)

Other "Tounois du Mini Lion" were even smaller.

wisl

Smash Journeyman
ok, thanks a lot porc, I'll add samus.

if mini lion 3 was only 7 people, I'm not going to add it. I've just decided that the minimum number of participants is 10, for this thread. sorry. or were there more people there?

porc

Smash Journeyman
OK, I think that better too.

Hmm, Slhoka and I forgot this :

Halloween Smash Night (Lyon, France) 31/10/08

singles :

1. Benoit (Jigglypuff, Peach, Fox)
2. Salepâte (Marth, Falco)
3. porc (Samus)
4. Wii Lee (Falco)
5. Mrik
5. Tsuna
7. Genius
7. Link69
9. Feca-Link
9. Piet
9. Linkab
9. Rudy
13. Xavier

teams :

1. Salepâte + porc (Marth / Samus)
2. Benoit + Wii Lee (Jigglypuff / Falco)
3. Mrik + Tsuna
4. Genius + Feca-Link
5. Linkab + Link69

Samochan

Smash Master
Soo... how many europeans are gonna attend genesis? I heard dutches like adam, faab, zgetto and amsah are supposed to attend, same with armada and aniolas... but the pre-registration list is sorely lacking amsah's name on it. He might've regged on the earlier list... but due to circumstances it needed to be renewed. <_< And the deadline is 30/6. So better hurry up if ya people wanna play at genesis, cause you have to make payment and register yourself before that deadline, otherwise it's boohoo.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I dont think im going, cause its late to book..and £500/600 to go fora week isn't worth it, if it was a further stay with housing then I woudlve considered it.

I'm gutted that im gonna miss it really

I'll make up for it next year and go in the summer (possibly for the whole summer)

The GERM

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, incase you haven't heard, pre-payment for GENESIS is now MANDATORY!! please go to the link on the 1st page of the Genesis thread for further details.

Please do us a huge favor and pay now if you are able, the sooner the better. Tell everyone you know who is planning on attending, thanks guys.

AGAIN, PRE-PAYMENT IS MANDATORY!

Samochan

Smash Master
Hey everyone, incase you haven't heard, pre-payment for GENESIS is now MANDATORY!! please go to the link on the 1st page of the Genesis thread for further details.

Please do us a huge favor and pay now if you are able, the sooner the better. Tell everyone you know who is planning on attending, thanks guys.

AGAIN, PRE-PAYMENT IS MANDATORY!
I already told people to check out their pre-regs and all, but guess repetition never hurts.

Faab

Smash Ace
Results from SBF 2, 16 may 2009

Singles results

1. Miguel
2. Adam
3. Amsah
4. Ice
5. Remen
5. Faab
7. Kjab
7. Mind trick
9. Jp
9. Fire
9. Jeffzor
9. Ace

Team results

1. Amsah & Adam
2. Miguel & Faab
3. Ice & Remen
4. Jp & Kjab
5. Jeffzor & mindtrick
5. Ivo & Fire

wisl

Smash Journeyman
moderators: please unsticky this.

Announcement:
I have to inform everyone that I won't be updating this anymore. I'm sorry about the lack of news for several weeks, that was because I had to move all of the sudden (and broke my computer). So for the moment I don't even have regular internet access and a lot of stuff going on, and the ssbm times takes too much of my time... sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom