• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Spooty Support Thread for The Angry Beavers

LimeTH

Smash Lord
1641272152468.png
Welcome to the fantabulous, timberiffic Angry Beavers Support Thread!

What the heck are those pointy weasel things?

The Angry Beavers was a Nicktoon that premiered in 1997. The series, created by Mitch Schauer, revolved around two beaver brothers, Norbert and Daggett, living the bachelor's life after moving out of their parents' dam. The show chronicled the utterly bizarre misadventures of the two brothers, Norbert, the laid back, pretentious one, and Daggett, the high strung, dimwitted one.

Oh, two brothers, so they would be a duo fighter then?

Ah, but on the contrary! One of the biggest themes of the show, if not it's entire draw, is the sibling rivalry between the two. I personally believe the two would work best as two separate characters, allowing them to fight each other in Standard Matches and team up in Team Battles. Unlike Ren and Stimpy, where the vitrol was entirely one sided on Ren's part but often acted as a unit otherwise, and CatDog who are very literally joined at the hip, Norb and Dag were divergent characters, which of course led to them constantly squabbling, competing, and flat out brawling.
That's not to say they couldn't potentially work as a duo fighter, but it wouldn't be entirely true to their characters, and our cup kind of runneth over with duo fighters as it is. If we can have two turtles with people clamoring for two more, we can have two beavers.

Okay, but what would they do? Can you really think of two separate movesets for two separate beavers?

As a matter of fact, I can and I have! Behold these hypothetical movesets I've drawn for both brothers!

These are just my ideas, of course. There is plenty more that can be pulled from to make crazy playstyles with these two.

Okay but why?
The Angry Beavers is a fantastic show that is woefully underrepresented in Nickelodeon video games. It was one of the big shows of the early Nicktoons era, with incredibly witty writing, surreal imagery, and some really impressive production values. Even if we only get one Beaver, it deserves a spot on the NASB roster. The brothers are very bombastic, dynamic characters who would lend themselves well to a platform fighter with their heavy emphasis on slapstick competitiveness.
The Angry Beavers stands as a few of the last remaining 90's shows yet unrepresented as well. Might as well put Last Year's Model alongside This Year's Model and Next Year's Model to complete the set, don't you think?

Now don't be a spoothead and show your support!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Eh, What the heck i'll fill in my support.

Angry Beavers was a show i watched via DVD back when i was a kid so i have some memory with the show. Plus i'd be cool to see how the beavers play individually or as a duo.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I shall support for these two as fighters.

Also, here's a fun fact about them:
The beavers themselves were gonna make cameo appearances in the Loud House episode, Schooled of Season 5 but were replaced by normal beavers.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Sure as heck I'm going to support these two! Their show is quite underappreciated compared to other Nickelodeon shows, which aired in the 1990's.

There's also this other Reddit moveset, which has both of them in a Olimar/Alph-like situation.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone who's shown support so far, I've added names to the support list.

So lets talk potential stages! I feel like there are three possibilities. If the brothers are separate, they'd have to have more than one stage for each, so it's best to get all the bases covered.

The Dam,
An obvious one, which I would imagine would work like Tomodachi Life in Smash where youre fighting on the roof and can duck down into the different floors and rooms.
1641323041791.png

Disco-Rama from Beaver Fever
Could probably have some form of rising platform, or you could fight atop a disco ball or the "The Beavers" sign
1641323199060.png

The B-Movie dimension from The Day the World Got Really Screwed Up
There's probably tons of locations in this one episode alone to base a stage off of. Helps this game is already so Halloweeny as it is, so it wouldn't feel too out of place. Everything would be in black and white besides the characters, and Oxnard Montavio could make a background cameo.
1641323318688.png

What do you guys think? Any other good locales for an Angry Beavers stage?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but were replaced by normal beavers.
finally

the Calm Beavers

Unfortunately I don't think I'm exactly worthy of being on the support list. While I didn't get to watch Rocko or R&S as a kid because of inappropriate content, in TAB's case I rarely watched it if at all because the times it was on were unfortunate for me. Could've been because of tee-ball, swim team, church, maybe parents having their shows come on when TAB did, **** I can't remember every single thing I did between 1997 and 2001. However it would be nice if every single Nicktoon featured in Nicktoons Racing was also featured in NASB, and TAB is the last one.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Shredder's out and DLC development should be starting any day now, so lets get some more supporters on the list!

Anyone have any thoughts regarding moves, stages, taunts or heck, what's your favorite Angry Beavers episode? Mine's "Same Time Last Week".

Top Bottom