• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not actually putting you to the sword right now, Noipoi Noipoi , but I feel like you give her a lot of snide to the point where it's questionable if you're still teasing or not, regardless of whether you make it obvious or not.

You did nothing wrong, but you should chill a bit on it, ya know? I'm sure Snake probably doesn't care at this point to be honest,, but I feel like there could be more constructive replies to her posts more.

Snake has come a long ass way from her past self.
Nah man I get where you're coming from.

I just like giving her **** cuz that's how I interact with people I consider friends. No harm intended :drshrug:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I haven’t been able to react to anything since I’ve been so busy but wow a lot has happened.

You guys have no idea how excited I am for the 3 new Yakuza/Like a Dragon games and MY BOI KIRYU is back!

Rayman is BACK!

Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water did good enough to FINALLY get Mask of the Lunar Eclipse localized after 14 years. WOW

No new Advance Wars news is disappointing.

Fire Emblem Engage looks like it’s pure fan service so that’s pretty cool.

Other than that nothing really blew me away that I recall. Sonic looks good tho so that’s refreshing.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Question.

Humans obviously exist in the Pokémon world. Let's assume they came about the same way, evolving from primates which evolved from lesser mammals, etc.

That first fish that crawled out the water, that would eventually become mankind...is it a Pokemon?

It was swimming in the same waters as Omanyte and Kabuto, wasn't it? But if it's a Pokémon, how did it lose that status when eventually becoming human? Perhaps it was never a Pokémon?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Question.

Humans obviously exist in the Pokémon world. Let's assume they came about the same way, evolving from primates which evolved from lesser mammals, etc.

That first fish that crawled out the water, that would eventually become mankind...is it a Pokemon?

It was swimming in the same waters as Omanyte and Kabuto, wasn't it? But if it's a Pokémon, how did it lose that status when eventually becoming human? Perhaps it was never a Pokémon?
the answer is that humans simply are pokemon that lost the gene that allows them to shrink into pokeballs through evolution

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dreamworks makes pretty good movies, so I'd be fine with them tackling most Nintendo things I guess. Like your telling me the team behind Kung-Fu Panda wouldn't made an at least SOLID Punch-Out!! flick? How to Train your Dragon's crew on Zelda? There's worse situations.

With Toei popping off like they have with recent One Piece and the two newest DBS movies(or Yuya Takahashi in general), they could make a killer Mega Man or Street Fighter adaptation.

I admit, before Tekken Bloodline(which I did enjoy for the most part!) I would've picked MadHouse for Tekken. I think the artstyle of their DMC and Blade shows fit what I would think Tekken would need for a full fledged adaptation.

I know we like to dunk on Mike, but he's got a point with Metroid.

Genndy's style really would fit the series. Watch any given episode of Primal, imagine one of those fights with Samus and some alien monster. It would work.

If we had to get a western Metroid show, he's the only guy I'd trust for the job.
Yeah, I've said that a few times myself too. Genndy fits Metroid like a glove. Be it an adaptation of the game narratives or showing the day-to-day fights Samus does in-between. It'd also be interesting to see him tackle a gun-slinger hero.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, serious question.

Who they got voicing Wario?
If not Martine, Danny Devito.

I'm not sold on Chris Pratt as Mario, I mean, that's why we meme on him. But I DO think Charlie Day and Jack Black are inspired enough choices that fit Luigi and Bowser. Peach's actress is really good, I just don't know if she's done any VO work like the former two. They're related jobs, but not exactly the same. Like Eddie Murphy I would say is a better VA than Chris Rock is, for example.
Question.

If that's the case, there's one of two ways to go about it.

1. Since Pokemon's a weird magic animal land, Humans came to be and evolved differently than our world, somehow. I dunno if Arceus is till top dog in their world, but if it is, it is a cruel being nonetheless.
2. Human's secretly have the X-Gene and Red should pop out claws or shoot Optic Blasts, if he thinks about it hard enough.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
By the way guys, I might be going to the Do Portugal International Circus on Sunday. I might be able to see some clowns, and acrobatics, too. Just wanted to let you all know.

No "Clowns are bad" jokes, please.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any particular games you guys are interested in lately? I'm waiting for Gravity Circuit and Pizza Tower to come out. Also, Moodrider looks cool too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Any particular games you guys are interested in lately? I'm waiting for Gravity Circuit and Pizza Tower to come out. Also, Moodrider looks cool too.
Splatoon and emulation shenanigans are what I’ve been doing lately while waiting for Sonic Frontiers. Also been really into all the fangames from SAGE 2022 (Sonic World DX and Isekai Mario are fun standouts). Wanna pick Minecraft back up this weekend.

Also started Suzy Cube today and it’s a fantastic love letter to Super Mario 3D Land. A really good, legit hidden gem. Shirone the Dragon Girl was also a fantastic puzzle game I played through recently.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I heard somewhere that the Rabbids, the ones in Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, have more human like voices now; rather than the noises they usually make. Is this true?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I heard somewhere that the Rabbids, the ones in Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, have more human like voices now; rather than the noises they usually make. Is this true?
I have heard this is true.

I honestly have been avoiding footage for max surprise when I pick up the game.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey MooMew64 MooMew64 , have you ever come across that glitch or bug I talked about the other day; the one where in story mode; the score and collected emeralds would be erased after obtaining a Super Emerald in Mushroom Hill?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey MooMew64 MooMew64 , have you ever come across that glitch or bug I talked about the other day; the one where in story mode; the score and collected emeralds would be erased after obtaining a Super Emerald in Mushroom Hill?
Haven’t gotten to Origins yet. I will at some point, though; It seems pretty okay for what it is.

That said, IDK if that’s how I’ll play the classic games long term given how the modding scene has all but scorned them for the (admittedly better) decomps of the classic saga from the mobile ports and delisted Steam ports.

It’ll be like how I play SM64; I’ll grab the official versions for the stuff unique to it and because I like to support official rereleases, but it ain’t gonna be the main way I play due to fans (in this instance) doing a better job. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I did get tested for autism when I was little, tested negative but instead I got depression anxiety and a possible form of undiagnosed add or adhd (but I am too poor to 100% confirm that with a doctor)
Dont be shocked if you have adhd. Most adults have adhd. You will just be another fish in the pond

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Haven’t gotten to Origins yet. I will at some point, though; It seems pretty okay for what it is.

That said, IDK if that’s how I’ll play the classic games long term given how the modding scene has all but scorned them for the (admittedly better) decomps of the classic saga from the mobile ports and delisted Steam ports.

It’ll be like how I play SM64; I’ll grab the official versions for the stuff unique to it and because I like to support official rereleases, but it ain’t gonna be the main way I play due to fans (in this instance) doing a better job. :drshrug:
Can I get mods on the PS5?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Top Bottom