• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
On the one hand, ye.

On the other hand, I dread (pun unintended) to think what would Trigger do with Samus if they had a chance to animate her.
That very same thought popped into my head as I was posting it and yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh that's a valid point.

I feel like with how controlling Nintendo is that they'd keep them on a leash, but knowing Trigger they might actually refuse to do it under such guidelines lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TBH the first animation studio that pops into my head for Metroid would probably be Trigger. I feel like Metroid would benefit from something super stylized for the high action scenes, and they've done pretty okay with sci-fi in their previous works.
I'll say it again.

Samurai Jack and Primal-like show with little to no diaologue created by Genndy Tartakovsky

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know we like to dunk on Mike, but he's got a point with Metroid.

Genndy's style really would fit the series. Watch any given episode of Primal, imagine one of those fights with Samus and some alien monster. It would work.

If we had to get a western Metroid show, he's the only guy I'd trust for the job.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pinball FX early access period added 12 more Star Wars tables plus the My Little Pony table from Zen Pinball Party on mobile.

Gives me hope some of the other Pinball Party tables could make their way to consoles.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
It was a normal day until I realized this

Microsoft owns Crash Bandicoot
Microsoft also owns Minecraft
So if CTR:NF ever sees a revival like MK8D did with the booster packs...a MINECRAFT GRAND PRIX could happen

Excuse me while I get drunk to forget this cursed information

though i wouldn't mind it honestly cause an ender dragon skin for Spyro would be mad cool

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Remember Knuckles' voice in Team Sonic Racing, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? His actor (Dave B. Mitchell) has come back as Knuckles once again, and oh the IMPROVEMENT.
Good to see this dude is finally getting good scripts and direction, because he's such a capable actor, haha.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Unironically Studio Trigger would make a fantastic Kirby anime over anything else

and unless they try really hard (or put Clawroline in) they wouldn't be weird with women

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's a fair point but consider spinoffs like Team Kirby Clash Deluxe

Granted that game heavily reuses assets but then I'm pretty sure they created a whole ass Nightmare model for the Switch version (not sure since I never played it)
I mean, spin-offs are spin-offs. You kind of expect the fanservace there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think we're long overdue for an new Mario animated series whether perhaps a NetFlix show or anime.

Imagine story arcs based on the games notably the Paper Mario games (Perhaps minus the partners), Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (Cackletta would make for a great arc villain), Super Mario Galaxy and such?

This would be way better then what were getting from Illumination (Of course final judgment has to take place by watching the movie first)...

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think we're long overdue for an new Mario animated series whether perhaps a NetFlix show or anime.

Imagine story arcs based on the games notably the Paper Mario games (Perhaps minus the partners),
So... would that just mean an adaptation of Sticker Star and Color Splash only?

No thanks.

I do think a Mario and Luigi series would be cool tho

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Wiz: Aliens. Beings from otherworldy planets hellbent on conquering others.

Boomstick: Whether it's to enslave other races, malicious intent, experimentation, worldly destruction, or worst...A food source.

Wiz: But sometimes some of these aliens eventually ends up having a change of heart.

Boomstick: Like Stitch, Experiment 626

Wiz: And The Iron Giant.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win...A Death Battle!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another advantage I realize Stitch would have over The Iron Giant granted it probably wouldn't do much but.

+Smarter

Given Stitch is programmed like a supercomputer.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Wiz: Aliens. Beings from otherworldy planets hellbent on conquering others.

Boomstick: Whether it's to enslave other races, malicious intent, experimentation, worldly destruction, or worst...A food source.

Wiz: But sometimes some of these aliens eventually ends up having a change of heart.

Boomstick: Like Stitch, Experiment 626

Wiz: And The Iron Giant.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick.

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win...A Death Battle!
The matchup might have a good theme, but there really wouldn't be any fight.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, my AMA is up, if anyone wants to ask some questions, hehe.

Top Bottom