• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just want more of that fanservace man.
Considering how much blatant fanservice Kirby had shoved down our throat in the last decade or so of games I very much disagree

Fanservice is nothing if you don't introduce new and interesting things every once in a while

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering how much blatant fanservice Kirby had shoved down our throat in the last decade or so of games I very much disagree

Fanservice is nothing if you don't introduce new and interesting things every once in a while
Like Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Forgotten Land, and arguably Return to Dreamland though that one not as much?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Like Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, Forgotten Land, and arguably Return to Dreamland though that one not as much?
From my experience with Forgotten Land so far (that is, 96% completion) it introduces enough new elements and keeps fanservice to a relative minimum.

The other games you mentioned were super fanservicey (which speaks nothing to their quality) although not as in your face about it as Star Allies, and tbh even that game's fanservice was fine as a celebration of Kirby. Which is why it's a good thing they toned it down in the next mainline game.

I've had enough Kirby fanservice for a good while. If they keep bringing back so many old elements in every game me and many other Kirby fans would eventually feel absolutely nothing towards these elements, and that's without even mentioning how new players would feel.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah btw now that Im 96% done by with Forgotten Land, here's a review:

Game good, one of the best Kirbys

Fanservice is great in moderation. But too much of it starts to feel like pandering.

"Hey! HEY!! Remember this thing? And this thing?? And this, remember this??? Hey! HEY!!!!"

Yes, I remember. Please show me something new now, I've fought the same thirty year old boss five times in a row :239:
That's pretty much exactly what I meant to say but better phrased

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Fanservice being good in moderation is also why I don't need another Smash game for at least another decade.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bruh I'm already bored of Splatoon.

Edit: probably gonna just take a break from it. Maybe play it in spurts.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s funny and sad that the ocs from the sequel got in fire emblem heroes but not from the first game.
Shez is a cool character compared to the forgotten blondes (also as a minor FEH spoiler…their interactions with Professor Byleth is amazing, watching the male version be so confused over why he got a different Byleth has been great)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay geez what did NVidia do? I must've missed something-
Well for one, they ticked off EVGA enough that EVGA has exited the market as a card manufacturer. No more EVGA cards.

The 40-Series cards are also...Not good looking. Reactions to the mid-range options have been negative compared to the prices they're charging compared to the premiums are ridiculous, and they saying that 'Moore's Law is dead' and not to expect things to get cheaper as time goes on. The top of the line 4090 looks impressive but the entry price mixed with the potential inevitability of recent history repeating itself with availability and scalping, and yeah...

Thanks Nvidia. :040:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Remember how I said that Metroid should get a cartoon taking the Samurai Jack approach of little to no dialogue?

Well Gennedy's would be the right man for that job. Creator of Samurai Jack and Primal.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Countdown until the end of society

Can't wait for the salty gamers crying that it looks mid even though they knew going in that it was made by Illumination.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My personal opinion on how Nintendo adaptions should go.

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, The Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade all should be animes.
Kirby and Splatoon should be DreamWorks adaptions.
Metroid should be a western animation by Genndy Tartakovsky.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if I'm the only one who everytime I look at Splatoon. It looks like a franchise straight out of DreamWorks. More the reason why they should be the animated company to do such an adaption if it came to that.

MooMew64

My personal opinion on how Nintendo adaptions should go.

Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, The Legend of Zelda and Xenoblade all should be animes.
Kirby and Splatoon should be DreamWorks adaptions.
Metroid should be a western animation by Genndy Tartakovsky.
Those two are some of the most anime looking and inspired franchises Nintendo has, why would you give them to DreamWorks and not an anime studio?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Those two are some of the most anime looking and inspired franchises Nintendo has, why would you give them to DreamWorks and not an anime studio?
Might be the weeb in me speaking but I think every Nintendo adaptation should be handled by an anime studio

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From my experience with Forgotten Land so far (that is, 96% completion) it introduces enough new elements and keeps fanservice to a relative minimum.

The other games you mentioned were super fanservicey (which speaks nothing to their quality) although not as in your face about it as Star Allies, and tbh even that game's fanservice was fine as a celebration of Kirby. Which is why it's a good thing they toned it down in the next mainline game.

I've had enough Kirby fanservice for a good while. If they keep bringing back so many old elements in every game me and many other Kirby fans would eventually feel absolutely nothing towards these elements, and that's without even mentioning how new players would feel.
I mean. In most of those games, the big fanservace elements are only at the end of what basically amounts to the games extra mode. Dededetour, Metanightmare Returns, etc. beyond that I don’t really see what you mean.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The art style of Splatoon alone reminds me of DreamWorks which is why I say if any animation studio should do an adaption to it, it'd be them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean. In most of those games, the big fanservace elements are only at the end of what basically amounts to the games extra mode. Dededetour, Metanightmare Returns, etc. beyond that I don’t really see what you mean.
That's a fair point but consider spinoffs like Team Kirby Clash Deluxe

Granted that game heavily reuses assets but then I'm pretty sure they created a whole ass Nightmare model for the Switch version (not sure since I never played it)

MooMew64

Might be the weeb in me speaking but I think every Nintendo adaptation should be handled by an anime studio
Yeah, same TBH.

Like, I'm not against western studios handling it, but...We don't have exactly a great track record with that so :028:

The art style of Splatoon alone reminds me of DreamWorks which is why I say if any animation studio should do an adaption to it, it'd be them.
Huh. Nothing against DW, but like, IDK, I don't see it. What about Kirby and Splatoon look like DW? Kirby especially, given it actually had an anime back in the mid-2000s.

EDIT: Splatoon is also heavily, HEAVILY Japanese in style and culture, so again, IDK if I see it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

TBH the first animation studio that pops into my head for Metroid would probably be Trigger. I feel like Metroid would benefit from something super stylized for the high action scenes, and they've done pretty okay with sci-fi in their previous works.

I can see F-Zero, Punch-Out, and Donkey Kong working well as Western animations.
Horrifying animation aside, the old DK cartoon was actually pretty okay with its music.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
TBH the first animation studio that pops into my head for Metroid would probably be Trigger. I feel like Metroid would benefit from something super stylized for the high action scenes, and they've done pretty okay with sci-fi in their previous works.
On the one hand, ye.

On the other hand, I dread (pun unintended) to think what would Trigger do with Samus if they had a chance to animate her.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Horrifying animation aside, the old DK cartoon was actually pretty okay with its music.
Well, the DK show was my childhood. I loved it. I realize it has not aged well, but it was still good. The songs are memorable to me.

Top Bottom