• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Special Properties of Moves

Luigi player

Smash Master
Moves: Special Attributes

Not all moves are or work the same.
There are some special attributes moves can have for them to work differently.

My data is from here: http://sixriver.web.fc2.com/ssb4/Character_data.htm
Thanks to the person who created this. [data in japanese]

Please note that specials are not included.

There are 5 different properties a move can have:

• Normal
  • Transcendent (can't clank)
  • "Trample" (won't retract / rebound)
  • Multitype (partially clankable, partially transcendent)
  • "Projectile" (extra hitbox who is like a projectile, clankable for aerials and ground moves)

(not sure how I should call the last one)​

Explainations of these categories:

Normal:
These moves can clash / clank with other moves of this category if they are grounded.
They can also clash with certain special moves (like projectiles who aren't transcendent).
If the moves clash, both characters that clash with a move will have the same clashlag, which is dependant on the % of both moves together.
But if one move is much stronger than the other (at least 9% stronger), then the character who used the stronger one will finish their move while the one who used the weaker move will receive clashlag.

Transcendent:
Moves with this property can not clash. This means they can't clank out projectiles and get hit by them (for example Marios Fireballs).
This also means they will trade with other moves instead of clashing, making getting in hits easier.

Trample:
Term not really "official", I liked the suggestion from Strong Bad and went with it, since it describes somewhat well what this property is. It's somewhat of a mix between "Normal" and "Transcendent".
They can clash, but the move will always continue its animation, unless the character is hit / suddenly airborne / etc. You can hit characters out of these by doing an attack that can clash, but only if you hit their hurtbox without their hitbox. Otherwise you can hit them (or trade with them) with transcendent moves or aerials (if you use clankable aerials like Olimars fair, you have to hit their hurtbox without hitting their hitbox).
If these trample-moves are multihits (or are special cases) they will clank with other moves on one of the hits, and then their next hitbox can still hit the other character.

Multitype:
These moves have an extra hitbox that is transcendent, while having clankable parts on the character (mostly on hands of the characters).

Projectile (Clankable):
These are extra hitboxes (mostly projectiles) who can be clanked with. Ground moves and even aerials can clank with them (as long as they're not transcendent of course).

Here are lists of these attributes and the characters and their moves which have them.
Normal moves are not listed. You can think of them as "every move that is not listed in any of these categories", if you really want to know them.

Transcendent:

Bowser:4bowser:: fsmash (strong hit), dair (landing hit), downB (grounded launcher hit)
Rosalina:rosalina:: utilt, uair, dair
Wario:4wario2:: dair (only last hit)
Diddy:4diddy:: dashattack (all 3 hits)
Zelda:4zelda:: jab, ftilt, utilt, fsmash, usmash (all except last hit), dashattack, nair, uair
Ganondorf:4ganondorf:: utilt (windbox only?), dair
Toon Link:4tlink:: dair (landing hit)
ZeroSuitSamus:4zss:: dsmash, dashattack, dair (landing hit)
Palutena:4palutena:: fsmash, usmash, dsmash, dair
Robin:4robinm:: fsmash (levin), usmash (levin), dsmash (levin), fair (levin, weak hit), bair (levin, weak hit), uair (levin, weak hit), dair (levin, last(3rd) hit)
Kirby:4kirby:: dashattack (last hit only)
Dedede:4dedede:: ftilt, fsmash (only first hits, not weak one), usmash, dsmash, dashattack
Little Mac:4littlemac:: fsmash (downangled only)
Fox:4fox:: rapid jab (last hit / finisher only), ftilt
Falco:4falco:: rapid jab (last hit / finisher only), fsmash (strong hit), fair (landing hit)
Pikachu:4pikachu:: jabs, fsmash (all except last hit), usmash (weak/3rd hit only), dsmash
Lucario:4lucario:: ftilt (2nd hit), usmash (first hit)
ROB:4rob:: usmash (not launcher), bair
Ness:4ness:: dashattack, fair (all except last hit)
Shulk:4shulk:: usmash (grounded and aerial launcher hits), uair (launcher), dair (launcher)
Megaman:4megaman:: utilt (only first hit and latest hits (frames 6 and 10-16)), dtilt, fsmash, usmash (1st hit only), dsmash, uair
Sonic:4sonic:: usmash (only middle hits)
Mewtwo:4mewtwo:: dsmash
Lucas:4lucas:: utilt (all except last/weak hit), fsmash, usmash (first hit/launcher?), dsmash, nair
Roy:4feroy:: usmash
Mii Sword:4miisword:: dair (landing hit)
Mii Gunner:4miigun:: fsmash, fair, uair

Trample
Violet = attack can clash and then hit the opponent (because of multihit or special case)

Bowser:4bowser:: fsmash (weak/late hit), usmash (first hit (non-landing))
Bowser jr.:4bowserjr:: rapid jab finisher, dsmash, fair-landing, dair-landing
DK:4dk:: fsmash, usmash, dsmash | fsmash could hit opponent, but this needs special spacing? (opponent has to be far into DK?)
Little Mac:4littlemac:: all jabhits (even multi), ftilt, utilt, dtilt
Zelda:4zelda:: usmash (last hit)
Toon Link:4tlink:: dashattack
Zero Suit Samus:4zss:: utilt
Palutena:4palutena:: ftilt, dtilt, utilt, dashattack
Ike:4myfriends:: dashattack (first hit)
Fox:4fox:: fsmash | has 2 hits, if you clash with the first one the opponent can be hit by the 2nd
Falco:4falco:: fsmash (late hit)
Pikachu:4pikachu:: fsmash (last hitbox (frames 21-22))
Jigglypuff:4jigglypuff:: dashattack | weak hit will hit opponent if clashed with strong one
Greninja:4greninja:: usmash (first hitbox)
Ness:4ness:: jab3
Duck Hunt:4duckhunt:: all smashes
ROB:4rob:: usmash (first hitbox (launcher))
Villager:4villager:: ftilt, dtilt, dsmash | dsmash could probably theoretically hit with the 2nd hit after the 1st one clanked
Wii Fit Trainer:4wiifit:: usmash
Pacman:4pacman:: fsmash (2nd hitbox (21-28)), usmash (strong hits (16-26)), dsmash | all: weak hits can hit opponent after clashing
Mewtwo:4mewtwo:: jab1 (and some parts of multijab), usmash (all hits) | usmash: difficult to hit after clank
Ryu:4ryu:: ftilt (strong) (both hits) | 2nd hit will hit opponent if first hit clashed
Mii Swordfighter:4miisword:: usmash

Multitype (partially clankable / partially transcendent)

Note: Sword-using characters (Link, Toon Link and Mii Swordfighter) still unexplored / don't know how they work / where they have transcendency. [I'm expecting you can probably clank with some parts of the swords while others are transcendent]

Mario:4mario:: fsmash | Marios hand can clash, but the "fireball" is transcendent
Peach:4peach:: utilt, usmash | utilt: can clank near the hand, but the heart is transcendent?; usmash: can clank in front of her, but behind her it's transcendent?
Mr.Game&Watch:4gaw:: dtilt | ~middle part of the attack can clank
Link:4link:: jabs, tilts, fsmash (2nd hit only), usmash, dashattack, fair (both hits)
Zelda:4zelda:: fair, bair | sweetspot might not be able to clank? but projectiles won't come near it since the weak hitboxes cover the strong one
Ganondorf:4ganondorf:: utilt | Ganondorfs foot can clank, but a little bit further away from it the explosion is transcendent
Toon Link:4tlink:: jabs, tilts, fsmash (1st hit only), usmash, bair
Marth:4marth:: usmash | sidehits can't clank, but top hit can
Falco:4falco:: uair | always clankable?? (not sure where it's transcendent)
Lucario:4lucario:: dsmash | mostly transcendent, only the hit behind him can clash
ROB:4rob:: fsmash | can clank near the head, but further away into his blaster it's transcendent
Dr. Mario:4drmario:: fsmash | can clank near the hands, otherwise transcendent
Lucina:4lucina:: usmash | sidehits can't clank, but top hit can
Megaman:4megaman:: usmash (all except first hit) | ~belly / face is clankable, upper part of his "hands" is transcendent
Mewtwo:4mewtwo:: fsmash | can clank near the hands, but the other stuff is transcendent
Lucas:4lucas:: ftilt, fair (strong hit) | ftilt can clank near the hand, otherwise transcendent; fair: strong hit can't clash with projectiles, but weak hit (near the foot) can
Mii Sword:4miisword:: jabs, utilt, dtilt, fsmash, dashattack, fair

Projectile (extra hitbox which can be clanked with)

Rosalina:rosalina:: Luma (all attacks)
Ness:4ness:: usmash, dsmash
Villager:4villager:: fsmash, usmash (explosions, not launcher), dashattack, fair (projectile only), bair (projectile only)
Olimar:4olimar:: fsmash, usmash, dsmash, fair, bair, uair, dair
Megaman:4megaman:: jab-lemons, ftilt-lemons, nair-lemons, dair

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Rosalina and Robin's dairs are not transcendent. They can both be clanked out with WFT's utilt.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Rosalina and Robin's dairs are not transcendent. They can both be clanked out with WFT's utilt.
You confuse Rosalinas dair (the halo) with Lumas. The halo can't clash.

Not sure how you want to be able to clank with Robins dair with a grounded normal move, that's impossible.
Robins dair has the "normal" property during frames 13-16 (where it can clank with projectiles), and it is transcendent during frames 17-22 (doesn't clank with projectiles).

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Luma was removed before hand while testing.

Clank might be the wrong word, as Robin nor Rosalina enter the clash animation like when normals clank, but rather the hitboxes on their dairs are dispelled while WFT's recovery animation is cut short and she goes into a clash animation.

In both instances you can see a small bubble appear where the hitboxes come in contact.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Luma was removed before hand while testing.

Clank might be the wrong word, as Robin nor Rosalina enter the clash animation like when normals clank, but rather the hitboxes on their dairs are dispelled while WFT's recovery animation is cut short and she goes into a clash animation.

In both instances you can see a small bubble appear where the hitboxes come in contact.
Are you talking about WFTs usmash? Because that has invincibility so things will get the clank bubble (the not latest hits of Robins dair would).
Dunno what you're talking about with Rosalina. I tried to clank with WFTs usmash and utilt, but it was never possible to clank, except with Luma. Your game is probably bugged if it's true, or you're telling BS.
Rosalinas halo can't clash out projectiles like Luigis Fireball, so it's 100 % transcendent. With Robin your timing is probably just off, it's not easy to get the later hits.

Is there a special property with WFTs utilt that makes it able to clank with aerials / moves that can't be clanked with otherwise that I don't know about? If yes then weird (doubt it though). The japanese site has it listed as a normal move as well, and I have no idea why it should be so special. I know WFTs foot from fair went through shields to hit the opponent before the first patch, so maybe there are other weird things with her.

But like I said I've tried it plenty of times now and I was never able to clank with it.

Edit: small update, for people who already looked at the list:
I've found the part of Lucarios dsmash that can clank: it's the hit behind him. The one in front is transcendent. [front = if Lucario looks to the right the hit on the right side]

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thanks for this information, it will be helpful to me.

But

Please reconsider the name you are trying to give to a mechanic that doesn't need one.

Things like "transcendent" and "trample" are bad terms because they're confusing and have nothing to do with the source material.

Transcendent = cannot clank
"trample" = cannot rebound/cannot retract

A world where those two terms are stamped out would be a wonderful world indeed.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Can someone here test out Rosalina's Down Air Vs Duck Hunt's up air. I kept trying to do it on one in a match before, but his first hit would hit my halo (no luma) and then continue his attack ignoring my halo. Therefor I get hit. I tried different timings, but I just kept losing to it's up air.
I ask for someone good to test this because maybe I'm just doing stuff wrong.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace

But

Please reconsider the name you are trying to give to a mechanic that doesn't need one.

Things like "transcendent" and "trample" are bad terms because they're confusing and have nothing to do with the source material.

A world where those two terms are stamped out would be a wonderful world indeed.
Hasn't transcendent been a term for a while? Why would we get rid of it?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hasn't transcendent been a term for a while? Why would we get rid of it?
Because its a **** term.

transcendent
tranˈsɛnd(ə)nt,trɑːn-/
adjective
  1. beyond or above the range of normal or physical human experience.
    "the search for a transcendent level of knowledge"

2. (in scholastic philosophy) higher than or not included in any of Aristotle's ten categories.

Explain to me what the **** this word has to do with the inability to clank.

Luigi player

Smash Master

But

I'm not sure why I'd removed them...

It's not like I invented them, but "transcendent" was used since years and everyone that looks into it / asks can find out what it means. On the other hand we save us the trouble of always saying "...unclankable move...", by just saying transcendent.

I wouldn't be against just saying that all the time, but I won't be the one to start the change. Having a single term just looks miles better as a category imo.
But I'll add them to the top list for immediate understanding.

For trample that could be used I guess, since trample didn't become a thing yet. Is it really an obvious term, though? Like, will everyone understand what it means easily? Wasn't rebound also used by some to describe moves not being able to hit to the other side even if you hit with a the tip of a hitbox (or different, small hitbox on the sides, dunno exactly how it's done)?

Trample should be easily understood if people think about it. And it's not like I don't have descriptions for them. It's nice to just have a word for the category and being able to say "this move has trample", instead of "not something".

I've heard humans have a little harder time understanding things if there's "not" in front. You still imagine the word behind it and have to think it gone, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken, I am nearly positive that Mr. Game and Watch's Up Smash has a "Trample" property.
G&Ws usmash has invincibility on frames 5-11. http://smashboards.com/threads/invincibility-and-armor-list.371822/
It looks like it clanks, but it doesn't because it continuous after the blocking since there was no hitbox out at the time. G&Ws usmash' hitbox comes out frame 24. He also seems to have partial invincibility, but I'm not sure where or if it's intangibility / invincibility. But it's easier to just think of frame 5-11 where he's fully invincible.

Can someone here test out Rosalina's Down Air Vs Duck Hunt's up air. I kept trying to do it on one in a match before, but his first hit would hit my halo (no luma) and then continue his attack ignoring my halo. Therefor I get hit. I tried different timings, but I just kept losing to it's up air.
I ask for someone good to test this because maybe I'm just doing stuff wrong.
What are you trying to say? That DHs uair clanked with Rosas dair halo?
Here are possibilities:
- DHs uair is pretty disjointed, so it went through the halo
- the latest frames of the halo, when it's really far down already, don't have a hitbox anymore [so DH would be able to go through and hit you with his uair]

Aerials can't clank with other aerials, except the ones in the projectile category, so it's impossible.
The one that is more disjointed will beat the other one. If both characters hitboxes touch each others hurtboxes both will get hit (they will trade hits), if only one touches the others hurtbox (because the attack is more disjointed than the other one) then only the other one will get hit.

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
What are you trying to say? That DHs uair clanked with Rosas dair halo?
Here are possibilities:
- DHs uair is pretty disjointed, so it went through the halo
- the latest frames of the halo, when it's really far down already, don't have a hitbox anymore [so DH would be able to go through and hit you with his uair]

Aerials can't clank with other aerials, except the ones in the projectile category, so it's impossible.
The one that is more disjointed will beat the other one. If both characters hitboxes touch each others hurtboxes both will get hit (they will trade hits), if only one touches the others hurtbox (because the attack is more disjointed than the other one) then only the other one will get hit.
I only had a few matches with the guy. but I tried different timings. Generally we wouldn't really trade... I would just end up taking the hit. My down air would look like the halo would hit him and he would stop, but the second and third hit of Duck hunt's up air would still go and I would just get it.
I am wondering if it is possible for both our moves to hit eachother, and mine just has that one hitbox so it would lose its hitbox and his attack would have hitbox 2 and 3 so his hitbox 1 would disappear with mine, our attacks would still look like they are going on but since he has a hitbox and i dont now his second hitbox would just hit me.

Hopefully that is making sense. But yeah it was a bracket match so it's not like we could stop to test it. I just tried it multiple times when I could find the opportunity and yeah.. same result even with different timings. Was hoping someone could test this and see if I am just doing something really wrong.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I only had a few matches with the guy. but I tried different timings. Generally we wouldn't really trade... I would just end up taking the hit. My down air would look like the halo would hit him and he would stop, but the second and third hit of Duck hunt's up air would still go and I would just get it.
I am wondering if it is possible for both our moves to hit eachother, and mine just has that one hitbox so it would lose its hitbox and his attack would have hitbox 2 and 3 so his hitbox 1 would disappear with mine, our attacks would still look like they are going on but since he has a hitbox and i dont now his second hitbox would just hit me.

Hopefully that is making sense. But yeah it was a bracket match so it's not like we could stop to test it. I just tried it multiple times when I could find the opportunity and yeah.. same result even with different timings. Was hoping someone could test this and see if I am just doing something really wrong.
Rosalinas dair halo is transcendent. Which means it can't be stopped, unless Rosa gets somehow out of her attack animation, which happens when she's landing, getting hit, dying, etc. And the hitbox will not disappear unless the attack is over or the aforementioned things happen.

It's impossible to clash. That's what transcendency is. It can't clash with anything. No move, no projectile, no nothing. Think of Fox' laser / blastershot, except it can't be reflected. It's either there or not. And when it's there and the hitbox is out it can hit someone.

If anything clashed, then it was with Lumas moves. If you got hit, then you got outdisjointed, or you just didn't hit, or the hitbox wasn't out / already ended... if both got hit, then you traded (both hitboxes touch the other characters hurtbox at the same time).

I'd imagine he hit you before the hitbox was disjointed enough (halo far enough down) to go through the ducks disjointedness from DHs uair. Or something else happened that I already said as a possibility. The only other thing would be him being invincible, but that would obviously only be the case when he just came back from dying.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Because its a **** term.

transcendent
tranˈsɛnd(ə)nt,trɑːn-/
adjective

2. (in scholastic philosophy) higher than or not included in any of Aristotle's ten categories.

This term has been around for a while, so it may be hard to remove or change. Just like everyone still using "frame cancel" when nothing is being cancelled, phenomenon are being overlapped... hence my wanting to use "frame sync." I'll always ride that train. Anyways, a useful way to think of this is to say that transcendent moves transcend clanking-type interactions. Just a thought.

Also, I believe ZSS' down smash may be considered multiple property since it is also considered a projectile for the purposes of attacker hitlag. I.E. - when down smash hits someone, she does not incur attacker hitlag... just like projectiles.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Things that classify as a projectile aren't necessarily part of the projectile category when it comes to priority. Projectiles normally fall into the projectile category but some are transcendent instead, and that's the case with ZSS' down smash.

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Rosalinas dair halo is transcendent. Which means it can't be stopped, unless Rosa gets somehow out of her attack animation, which happens when she's landing, getting hit, dying, etc. And the hitbox will not disappear unless the attack is over or the aforementioned things happen.

It's impossible to clash. That's what transcendency is. It can't clash with anything. No move, no projectile, no nothing. Think of Fox' laser / blastershot, except it can't be reflected. It's either there or not. And when it's there and the hitbox is out it can hit someone.

If anything clashed, then it was with Lumas moves. If you got hit, then you got outdisjointed, or you just didn't hit, or the hitbox wasn't out / already ended... if both got hit, then you traded (both hitboxes touch the other characters hurtbox at the same time).

I'd imagine he hit you before the hitbox was disjointed enough (halo far enough down) to go through the ducks disjointedness from DHs uair. Or something else happened that I already said as a possibility. The only other thing would be him being invincible, but that would obviously only be the case when he just came back from dying.
yeah it wasn't from him coming back.
Only thing I can thing logically is that, my hitbox hit his and our animations kept going, but since my hitbox was used and he had two more from his upair, his duck kind of just hit me. Because it was the second hit of the duck hunt's up air. I wish I could have saved the replay, but was at a tournament.

DX Sorry, wish I could explain it better. I'll see if I can test it later with a friend.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This term has been around for a while, so it may be hard to remove or change. Just like everyone still using "frame cancel" when nothing is being cancelled, phenomenon are being overlapped... hence my wanting to use "frame sync." I'll always ride that train. Anyways, a useful way to think of this is to say that transcendent moves transcend clanking-type interactions. Just a thought.

Also, I believe ZSS' down smash may be considered multiple property since it is also considered a projectile for the purposes of attacker hitlag. I.E. - when down smash hits someone, she does not incur attacker hitlag... just like projectiles.
There's a special flag that identifies ZSS dsmash as having no hitlag. Zelda's neutral B also has it iirc.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
There's a special flag that identifies ZSS dsmash as having no hitlag. Zelda's neutral B also has it iirc.
Oh weird. I guess the special flags on moves is pretty important! Are those roughly the only moves that do this?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Kinda jealous gunner/samus don't have that flag on some of their moves.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Because its a **** term.

transcendent
tranˈsɛnd(ə)nt,trɑːn-/
adjective

Transcendent moves transcend non-transcendent moves, duh.

LightLV

Smash Ace
Transcendent is a terrible term, it's just a word tacked on that doesn't really mean anything for what it's describing. And it's even more pointless when you consider some moves clank with some moves and ignore others.

"Projectile Invulnerable" or "Physical Invulnerable" makes alot more sense and describes whats happening better. Those two properties (along with whether or not the hitbox is physical or projectile) explains pretty much all of the other ones by itself.

Transcendent = hitbox with projectile and physical invulnerability (does not interact with other hitboxes).
Trample = A hitbox that interacts with other hitboxes but does not destroy itself / cancel the animation
Projectile (Clankable) = Projectile that is physical vulnerable (thus interacts with physical hitboxes

For example:

Sword hitboxes (and some jabs) are projectile vulnerable, so they clash with projectiles.

If an attack does not clash with projectiles, either it's extending its hurtbox too far (thus getting hit and cancelling the animation), or it's simply projectile invulnerable, and thus does not interact with them, meaning you cannot clash and will always lose trade

Hitboxes that DO interact are subject to the >9% rule. If the damage difference is too high, the loser gets hit. (hitbox collisions come before hurtbox collisions.)

As for clanking in the first place, this is very frame-data dependent since all of these properties do change as the move progresses...so without listing those changes, alot of this data is pointless

Last edited:

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
I recalled that Esam said that air moves are always tradable but just recently, Donkey Kong's Up B(mid air) showed the clank effect against Megaman's DAIR and still kept on going with no damage.

I also had Donkey's DAIR clank Olimar's BAIR.

Sadly, I did this on 3DS so I can't really post it, but I think clanking will occur on Aerials now. I still trade attacks with aerials but it happens.
It might be that I used ranged moves or attacks that can't really trade hits.

Just interesting to note.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I recalled that Esam said that air moves are always tradable but just recently, Donkey Kong's Up B(mid air) showed the clank effect against Megaman's DAIR and still kept on going with no damage.

I also had Donkey's DAIR clank Olimar's BAIR.

Sadly, I did this on 3DS so I can't really post it, but I think clanking will occur on Aerials now. I still trade attacks with aerials but it happens.
It might be that I used ranged moves or attacks that can't really trade hits.

Just interesting to note.
Aerials can clank with items/projectiles. Megaman's dair is a projectile, Pikmin (and Luma) fall under this classification as well.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Some specials have some sort of "projectile" hitbox which means they can clank. Don't think that's the case for DKs aerial upB, though.

With "air moves" ESAM most likely just meant normal aerials aka A moves (though ESAM could be right about all non-projectile aerial B moves not being like that). And like Lavani said, a few of these aerials do have that projectile property, which are noted in the OP.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hi, just wanted to chime in on a few things for Bowser.

Bowser's rising hit of grounded Bowser Bomb is transcendant.

Pretty sure his strong hit Fsmash tramples, as opposed to being trancendant. I even tested it out to be sure, I can get the clank bubble when the strong hit is active.

Hope that helps!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Okay so this is pretty interesting. It says for the 'Transcendent moves' spoiler that Shulk's moves include usmash (first 2 hits/launchers?), uair (launcher), dair (launcher).

So I was labbing it, & came to this conclusion.
:4shulk:
Usmash1 up-close or the ground-target-only knock-up hit does clank, so it trades with the other move.
Usmash2 up-close doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.
Uair1 & Uair2 doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.
Dair1 & Dair2 doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.

You can try this out in Training Mode & line up a character's jab or any more & have it try to clank with either of these moves & get the same result.

Last edited:

DaniLB

Smash Rookie
Does peach's counter (i mean the smog that toad do) may count as a projectile ?
I'm asking of it due to the proprety of how work the Stun Jacket for Marth and Lucina.

DaniLB

Smash Rookie
So in that case.. it will be the same for both Bayonetta's bullets and Falco's shield ?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hi, just wanted to chime in on a few things for Bowser.

Bowser's rising hit of grounded Bowser Bomb is transcendant.

Pretty sure his strong hit Fsmash tramples, as opposed to being trancendant. I even tested it out to be sure, I can get the clank bubble when the strong hit is active.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the input,

you're right about Bowsers downB,
but his Fsmash (1st hit) doesn't have trample. Otherwise it would clash with stuff, but it trades. His legs are invincible during the 1st hit though, which makes it possible for stuff to clank with it (stuff like Greninjas dair will bounce off while it's possible that neither of them get hit).

For Lucas transcendent hitboxes you're missing his back air.

It isn't marked as such in the file I have this data from. It can also clash with projectiles such as Fireballs. I've tried testing different timings of the move to see if maybe only the spike hitbox is transcendent, but it always clashes with Fireballs.

So in that case.. it will be the same for both Bayonetta's bullets and Falco's shield ?
Oh, I thought the Stun Jacket worked on all moves as long as you wiff your counter, good thing I looked it up, lol.
No idea about any of this. Special moves aren't really covered in the files I have this info from.

Since the Stun Jacket only seems to work on a few specific moves they must have a weird property about them. Toads spores don't work too (just tested), I saw it listed on a video I watched to look up the Stun Jacket... it also only works on the player you get the Stun Jacket from, and not on a different player (no team gimmicks lol).

At first I thought maybe transcendent moves, but nope.
Looking at the list of moves that can trigger the Stun Jacket (https://docs.google.com/document/d/...oDilO9Hw4tI/edit?pageId=117353594521975639498), it seems like it triggers on things that could be seen as some sort of projectile, but aren't reflectable... or something like that (don't know why Toads spores don't work then, or Bowser Jrs upB clown, or some others ~_~).

I guess it's just some weird specific thing.

Okay so this is pretty interesting. It says for the 'Transcendent moves' spoiler that Shulk's moves include usmash (first 2 hits/launchers?), uair (launcher), dair (launcher).

So I was labbing it, & came to this conclusion.
:4shulk:
Usmash1 up-close or the ground-target-only knock-up hit does clank, so it trades with the other move.
Usmash2 up-close doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.
Uair1 & Uair2 doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.
Dair1 & Dair2 doesn't clank, so it beats out the other move.

You can try this out in Training Mode & line up a character's jab or any more & have it try to clank with either of these moves & get the same result.
What do you mean with "so it beats out the other move"?

I have Uair (launcher) and Dair (launcher) listed as being transcendent. Meaning they won't clank with projectiles. So they'd trade with other characters' moves (or are you saying they have trample to beat out grounded moves?).
Uair"2" and Dair2 are able to clank and beat out projectiles (just tested), so they aren't transcendent.

Just tested this as well:
Shulks Usmash1 (ground) is transcendent like I have it listed, trades with jabs.
Shulks Usmash2 isn't, the jab clanks and stops.

It's likely Usmash1 for aerial opponents is also transcendent like I have it listed, tried to test this with Olimars fair and they can trade, while Usmash2 will stop if you clank with it.

So I don't see anything wrong with what I have on the OP.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Luigi player Luigi player It doesn't have auto-guard like his up-smash, it doesn't go into the clash rebound animation. Not sure what the proper terminology is for that.

Top Bottom