• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If by chance more insiders believe the Simon/Ridley leak, would the leak personally kill the hype for you when the reveal trailer comes at E3?
No this is Ridley who has been deined his place in Smash for over a decade. I'll only believe it when I see it.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
How would we feel about Ridley's Final Smash summoning Mother Brain? Not the assist trophy Mother Brain, mind you.

Kraid would also be a fun Final Smash IMO, he could show up from the ground of the stage similar to the Ice Climbers' Final Smash (and how he appears in Super Metroid) and do his thing. Could also work as an assist trophy.
The idea of Kraid helping out Ridley would be pretty cool, I can imagine the conversation now.

Ridley: Yo Kraid!
Kraid: What up?
Ridley: I'm these suckas on this plane, I need you to get yo butt to f'them up.
Kraid: Ight I'll right there.

But they can't talk so it would a lot roaring and screeching.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I really wanna believe that leak is real but the leaker has a really spotty past. I always give him the benefit of the doubt because it's clear he has some kind of source(s), but he's also fed constant bull****. He's gotten absolutely everything he has reported about Nintendo wrong, but with the rumored Bandai Namco involvement in Sm4sh, I feel like this apparent source is from Bandai, which he does seem like he has a legit one there.

I have slight hope, but I don't 100% believe this.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Honestly, this whole build-up to E3 is torture this time around.
Shulk was my #1 character back in the SSB4 days, Mewtwo was #2, and Ridley was #3.
With Shulk and Mewtwo making the cut to SSB4 (though Mewtwo was DLC), that leaves Ridley on my #1 most wanted list. I'd still like some other reps like Decidueye and Captain Toad and I'd certainly be happy to see them, but nothing would compare to the hype I'd have to Ridley being finally revealed as a playable character.
I think there's at least more reason to believe this leak over the Tower of Smash leak back from SSB4.

Zeox

Smash Champion
How would we feel about Ridley's Final Smash summoning Mother Brain? Not the assist trophy Mother Brain, mind you.

Kraid would also be a fun Final Smash IMO, he could show up from the ground of the stage similar to the Ice Climbers' Final Smash (and how he appears in Super Metroid) and do his thing. Could also work as an assist trophy.
he could also summon space pirates everywhere.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Maybe they can resurrect King Dedede's Brawl Final Smash and give it to Ridley. Imagine Ridley doing the dance but with a serious expression.
Ridley: AHA SAMUS! get ready for my ultimate power! my final smash! DIE!
*Ridley does an awkward dance*
Samus: wut

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i post my wishlist here too ( because its takes minutes to do and because....

i'm happy and proud to say that RIDLEY still in my top wishlist for the upcoming smash :D

let's hope he and K.ROOL will destroy the game soon. My man, my boi my REPTILE! RIDLEyyy

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
You know, if Ridley is finally added in smash... all the rumors, the leaks, the conversations, the theories, it will all be over.
Years of years of speculation over, and this will be the final thread about it, so many years, so many ridley fans that never saw his most wanted character in the game because sadly they died, so many many many fights, so many videos, so much hype, dissapointment, so many feelings.
This could be the end of all...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You know, if Ridley is finally added in smash... all the rumors, the leaks, the conversations, the theories, it will all be over.
Years of years of speculation over, and this will be the final thread about it, so many years, so many ridley fans that never saw his most wanted character in the game because sadly they died, so many many many fights, so many videos, so much hype, dissapointment, so many feelings.
We got what we wanted, but lost what we had.

I always imagined that if Ridley ever got in Smash, it would sort of be like a cheesy but bittersweet ending to our favorite story. "And so, King Sakurai was convinced that Ridley should be in Smash, the evil detractors scattered across to the far reaches of the fanbase, and the giant space dragon FINALLY got to be in Smash. The end."

Zeox

Smash Champion
We got what we wanted, but lost what we had.

I always imagined that if Ridley ever got in Smash, it would sort of be like a cheesy but bittersweet ending to our favorite story. "And so, King Sakurai was convinced that Ridley should be in Smash, the evil detractors scattered across to the far reaches of the fanbase, and the giant space dragon FINALLY got to be in Smash. The end."
"and so, the heroes that fought forr ridley got what we wanted, the fight was finally over, but since the fight was over, there was no need to keep fighting together, so they all take different paths and returned to home, to never fight again, and they all lose the comunity that they had."

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
"and so, the heroes that fought forr ridley got what we wanted, the fight was finally over, but since the fight was over, there was no need to keep fighting together, so they all take different paths and returned to home, to never fight again, and they all lose the comunity that they had."
Someone should write a novel regarding the epic drama and suspense of Ridley's history with Smash and his famous supporters.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...as if most of us won’t find a new home in the Ridley general thread...?

True, it’ll die down a bit, but it’s been a good fight. And it’s not over until we see our boy playable.

Isn’t that why we fight? So we can end the fight and go home?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
BTW can someone here please take a picture of a gaint Samus, Charizard, and Bowser next to Ridley in Smash 4, I just want to see how he scales and I only have the 3ds version, so is someone can pleadp do that I would really appreciate it.
Here you go.

Sorry about the Charizard being farther away. I had to use uncooperative CPUs in order to get the screenshot since I don't have any spare controllers at the moment.

Also, what's this I'm hearing about Simon Belmont? Another "leak" or something?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, Vergeben put an extension on his original Ridley leak by adding Simon and Ice Climbers to it, plus he's claiming there are no cuts and Ridley himself will be revealed at E3. He says it's from a second source, but who knows really, at least we now have a deadline on when its credibility will be proven or not. Link.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
"never to fight again," you say? nay, friend! though your tale speaks truly of a parting of ways, there are always battles to be fought.

in a distant jungle, another reptilian king as worthy as our own has waited just as long to take his rightful place.
lightyears from here, an old rival's blaster has remained holstered for too long, and a companion of his would surely wish to take up her staff and join the fight.
even further beyond the stars, in a heavenly plane, a once-noble puppet lies in wait - though he has gathered dust over many years, his followers remain loyal and hopeful for his return.

all these mighty warriors and many more will surely need our support if they are ever to win a place in this meeting of legends, and i for one will not retract my claws until i see victory for all those whom i've pledged to support. even so, the time we've spent and the tests we've endured will not be soon forgotten.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Gosh, now I'm going to be even more sad if this doesn't happen.

Do you think we'll still be trying for Smash post-Switch if that's the case? I won't give up hope, if that ends up being the case.

It's weird to think that in only 3 weeks we could potentially know for certain that we have Ridley finally. So many years of speculation, fan content, and waiting could pay off in just 21 days...

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gosh, now I'm going to be even more sad if this doesn't happen.

Do you think we'll still be trying for Smash post-Switch if that's the case? I won't give up hope, if that ends up being the case.

It's weird to think that in only 3 weeks we could potentially know for certain that we have Ridley finally. So many years of speculation, fan content, and waiting could pay off in less than 30 days...
Considering that we're still around even after Sakurai openly turned down Ridley after he was deconfirmed in SSB4, I don't see why we should give up hope then.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We shouldn't give up because he could end up,pulling a villager scenario for Ridley

For this case can be resized and still look threatning

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Even if he is confirmed, the journey would go on. We will battle against all, for we all know RIDLEY IS TOO BIG TO CUT.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Here you go.

Sorry about the Charizard being farther away. I had to use uncooperative CPUs in order to get the screenshot since I don't have any spare controllers at the moment.

Basically what has MasterOfKnees said about Vergeben, but it should be noted he basically gave 2 rumors. He claims one source has told him Ridley will be revealed at E3, and that it's a new game.

He also said a different source said Simon Belmont and Ice Climbers are a thing, plus no cuts. So even if Ridley is announced, that does not necessarily confirm Simon will be playable.

Edit: Rereading it, he apparently claims to have 2 sources for Ridley, so ignore my above point. Ridley would confirm Simon and IC.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Basically what has MasterOfKnees said about Vergeben, but it should be noted he basically gave 2 rumors. He claims one source has told him Ridley will be revealed at E3, and that it's a new game.

He also said a different source said Simon Belmont and Ice Climbers are a thing, plus no cuts. So even if Ridley is announced, that does not necessarily confirm Simon will be playable.

Edit: Rereading it, he apparently claims to have 2 sources for Ridley, so ignore my above point. Ridley would confirm Simon and IC.
No, you were right the first time. Both sources claim Ridley is playable, but only one mentions Simon and Ice Climbers. It's possible for the first source to be right and the second to be wrong.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You know, for Ridley's FInal Smash I was going to jokingly suggest that Ridley roars at them so scarily that they literally turn into crying babies...then I realized just how many baby/child versions of a bunch of characters already in Smash there are already, so it wouldn't be too implausible. (Mario, Wario, Donkey Kong, Rosalina, Bayonetta, Link, Zelda, Shulk...)

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I have no use for information that doesn't come down through official channels; secondhand sources are not to be trusted. If - and that's a big one - IF this leak speaks sooth, the first thing to go will be my faith in observational evidence.

My faith that Ridley will be in is a shield proof against all blandishments; my doubt is that he will be shown more than a week in advance of the street date.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Ridley community dissolving is inevitable one way or the other, the best scenario is that we get our fairy tale ending and we all enjoy playing as our big purple dragon forever after. We'll probably slowly lose touch afterwards as so many other character fanbases have demonstrated before, but every single Ridley supporter who has let his or her voice be heard throughout the years will have taken part in making an actual impact on the game, and that's special. Although I'd of course miss the Ridley community for all its dedication and chaos, and as incredibly cheesy and sappy as it sounds, his inclusion would more or less immortalize the Ridley fanbase in the game. In fact, we should probably print some "I was there" shirts, just in case.

The alternative is that so many years will pass by that one by one people will either give up or grow up. It's a credit to the community that it hasn't happened yet, but let's face it, it's simply not going to go on forever, nothing does. I mean, looking at this thread the majority of it is still made up of people who were around last time, not everyone of course (and I'm grateful to the new fans), but it's harder for this fanbase to grow than your average popular character as you have to accept that you're likely supporting a lost cause right from the start, and that's not an attractive proposal for a new Smash fan as it requires quite a bit of willpower. Not least to mention that our generation is one of the last who will have properly grown up with Metroid for a while, the series' huge drought from Other M and up until now will do the Ridley fanbase no favors when we eventually grow out of Smash speculation for one reason or the other and there won't be a new generation to take the wheel, a 7 year gap is a lot in that regard.

That the fanbase survived Brawl and Smash 4 is very commendable (especially with the latter), but imagine having to go through the same story for Smash 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not planning on sitting here and yelling about a purple space dragon on a daily basis when I'm heading into my 40s, who knows how long it'll even be before responsibilities will not allow me to take part in Smash speculation anymore. To be quite honest I thought I was done with this whole thing after Smash 4, I was 12 when I seriously got into Smash speculation back in 2007, and now I'm about to turn 23, it's actually pretty crazy thinking about how much time I've spent on this (although it's of course not been a constant stream of activity). A leak from a semi-credible source combined with the Resetera mods' teasing is the only thing that manages to just about keep my interest intact, and that's only because we not only know the game is releasing this year, but that there's also a deadline on the leak in less than a month, should he miss E3 I suspect my activity will drop heavily, should he make it I see no other reason than to be ecstatic about it.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Yeah, Vergeben put an extension on his original Ridley leak by adding Simon and Ice Climbers to it, plus he's claiming there are no cuts and Ridley himself will be revealed at E3. He says it's from a second source, but who knows really, at least we now have a deadline on when its credibility will be proven or not. Link.
Ah. Well, as much as it sounds interesting, I'm just gonna remain skeptical until there's something solid. At least we don't have to wait much longer to know if it's true or not... I hope it is, though. No cut characters from Wii U/3DS, Ice Climbers returning and having Ridley and Simon Belmont as playable characters would be pretty hype.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
knowing nintendo they got wind of the leak and just shift out characters :p

got to thinking, since ridley on pyrosphere was so similar to a playable character maybe he was meant to be one, but got cut because of the 3ds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Ridley community dissolving is inevitable one way or the other, the best scenario is that we get our fairy tale ending and we all enjoy playing as our big purple dragon forever after. We'll probably slowly lose touch afterwards as so many other character fanbases have demonstrated before, but every single Ridley supporter who has let his or her voice be heard throughout the years will have taken part in making an actual impact on the game, and that's special. Although I'd of course miss the Ridley community for all its dedication and chaos, and as incredibly cheesy and sappy as it sounds, his inclusion would more or less immortalize the Ridley fanbase in the game. In fact, we should probably print some "I was there" shirts, just in case.

The alternative is that so many years will pass by that one by one people will either give up or grow up. It's a credit to the community that it hasn't happened yet, but let's face it, it's simply not going to go on forever, nothing does. I mean, looking at this thread the majority of it is still made up of people who were around last time, not everyone of course (and I'm grateful to the new fans), but it's harder for this fanbase to grow than your average popular character as you have to accept that you're likely supporting a lost cause right from the start, and that's not an attractive proposal for a new Smash fan as it requires quite a bit of willpower. Not least to mention that our generation is one of the last who will have properly grown up with Metroid for a while, the series' huge drought from Other M and up until now will do the Ridley fanbase no favors when we eventually grow out of Smash speculation for one reason or the other and there won't be a new generation to take the wheel, a 7 year gap is a lot in that regard.

That the fanbase survived Brawl and Smash 4 is very commendable (especially with the latter), but imagine having to go through the same story for Smash 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not planning on sitting here and yelling about a purple space dragon on a daily basis when I'm heading into my 40s, who knows how long it'll even be before responsibilities will not allow me to take part in Smash speculation anymore. To be quite honest I thought I was done with this whole thing after Smash 4, I was 12 when I seriously got into Smash speculation back in 2007, and now I'm about to turn 23, it's actually pretty crazy thinking about how much time I've spent on this (although it's of course not been a constant stream of activity). A leak from a semi-credible source combined with the Resetera mods' teasing is the only thing that manages to just about keep my interest intact, and that's only because we not only know the game is releasing this year, but that there's also a deadline on the leak in less than a month, should he miss E3 I suspect my activity will drop heavily, should he make it I see no other reason than to be ecstatic about it.
Well said. Just to comment on one part though, if Metroid continues to be successful again from Samus Returns, Prime 4, and onward, I don’t think its 2nd drought from Other M to ‘17 will be too consequental, long run. Even if some didn’t grow up while Metroid was still thriving, some youngins could’ve always still gotten exposed to Super Metroid and other gems through the virtual console and other such means. Already know of some such fellows via social media. Of course any Nintendo IP that isn’t Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon will come and go at times. I get what you’re saying though in the event we still don’t get Ridley officially playable by a certain point, but yeah.

About to be 23 huh? I’m in my 30’s now and working again, yet still have enough time for this stuff, albeit don’t post to the extent I used to. Who knows how long that’ll last though as life goes on or changes for me/us all over time, but having Samus Returns and MP4 revealed not long after I just turned 30 was special, and reignited the interest/investment and faith I had lost with Nintendo up to that point. And yeah, if Ridley’s not shown at E3 I will have completely dismissed the leak too by then and become more quiet again as far as here for awhile, but y’know, is how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

D

Deleted member

I remember lurking Smashboards back in 2013, it was the last year of my elementary school years before i went into a Lyceum (we don't have Middle Schools here in Chile) so i basically spent a good chunk of my teenage years following Smash 4 news (specifically 2014 and 2015).

The worst part was definetly seeing seeing how the Ridley thread slowly descending into a downward spiral after the Smash Direct, it wasn't pretty.

By the time i made an account, it was too late. The DLC era already had begun (and i joined in during the period of the infamous new drought of Smash DLC between July and November) and as such i dind't get to see a lot of Ridley support (not even in the socials as far as i remember) so it's good to see people still seeing merit in the idea of Ridley being playable even if they think it's unlikely.

On a side note, after spending some time on these boards (specifically after early 2016), i stopped enjoying my time there, and i ended up in the socials where i found it more comfortable...........and just now they will be removed in June, and as such the only thing left for me to do here is Smash Switch speculation, and as soon as it ends i will ask mods to perma-ban my account.

Honestly this is probably the last time i will be invested in Smash Speculation (at least to this degree) and ESPECIALLY the last time i think the likes of Ridley and K.Rool have a chance (i think the likes Bandanna Dee could survive another exclusionn) because when you see such long time characters get rejected time and time again despite always begin available to pick, you start losing hope because it seems Sakurai is too stubborn to change his mind.

Nintendo said they want to keep the Switch afloat for 7-10 years (and seeing how they have kept the 3DS alive for so dang long i see this as a very real possibility) and since a new Smash game is made for every new Console generation.........you get the idea.

I already said that i will ask to be perma-banned after this Speculation cycle ends, so i don't see myself doing this again (especially because Smashboards is the only place where i talk about Smash Bros, and it's like the only "Social Media" account that i bother using in a daily basis, as opposed to other things which are just for decoration and for contact) let alone doing it 7-10 years after Smash Switch (maybe even more)

I don't care about relationships and marriage, i like keeping a low profile and i have a lot of free-time in my hands, too much actually (which i plan to use in hobbies and a job to pay my hobbies, and also extra activites in order to improve my life) so the reason for me leaving Smash speculation (and therefore talking about Ridley in Smash) is not because of my not having the time to do so (at least for now) but because i want to do other things that i find more interesing.

Let's hope we get Ridley this time, so that we can finally put this crusade to rest and have our playable space dragon.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nintendo said they want to keep the Switch afloat for 7-10 years (and seeing how they have kept the 3DS alive for so dang long i see this as a very real possibility) and since a new Smash game is made for every new Console generation.........you get the idea.
I either forgot or was unaware they said this. Okay then... In hindsight that’s kinda how long I prefer game system lifecycles to last now anyway, rather than like the standard 5 years with how much more roboust systems/consoles are now to warrant being supported longer, and if the Switch continues being successful as it is for that long, then by all means keep at it. If this is true though then it will also be more permanent closure for pretty much any remaining character candidates not yet added to Smash, for better or worse, though some might get lucky with the DLC period. While I hate making ultimatums, it may as well be now or never for Ridley.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't get why ppl say it will be the last time or want to ban there account. It really does not take that much of your time I am on here and still have a life outside of this.

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
Never thought I would come back to this board after being gone for so long.

Anyways I did return after hearing wind of a hint that originally started at ResetEra and later pushed as a rumor by the infamous leaker, who has a rocky relationship with the internet with his 50ish percent correct predicted leaks. I must say, i'm quite surprised to see a few leakers commenting on Ridley possibly being a newcomer for Smash this early. Although i've been through this before and I don't plan on following it either. As some people say, i'll wait until there is confirmation from Nintendo about his addition to the game before I believe it.

While I am aware he has predicted some things right (Injustice 2 DLC, SCVI, ect.), he has predicted things wrong too, which is why i'm skeptical about this, even the hints from ResetEra too. But if for some reason the leak is true and Ridley does become playable in the Switch version, then we will witness a glorious storm on the internet.

I think at this point, his chances seem to be 50/50 at the moment. Some well known leakers seem to hint towards his addition to being a playable fighter (although they can be doing this to stir some fans up and dash their hopes at the end), but these are just rumors, although the best ones we have now. I'll be keeping an eye out for E3 and see what happens.

Good to be back guys. Even for a little bit.

(Although i'm not going to lie that I was major excited about my Inklings making it in in the Reveal trailer.)

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Here you go.

This is def the perfect size for Ridley.

Guys, I heard people saying Emily Rogers teased Ridley, anyone know about that?

I do think this is the best time for Ridley to finally be playable because of Metroid 4 being released this year.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
This is def the perfect size for Ridley.

Guys, I heard people saying Emily Rogers teased Ridley, anyone know about that?

I do think this is the best time for Ridley to finally be playable because of Metroid 4 being released this year.
Metroid Prime 4 is not releasing this year.

If it was, they would've stated so, but all they said last year was "now in development".

It'll be out in 2019 (I'm estimating late Q2-Q3 release) at earliest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom