• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Southern Ontario Power Rankings - 31/07/14 Update

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

Now that we have undergone our initial revival comes a new Power Rankings for our Brawl scene. It is indeed a necessary fresh start and there will be much effort from myself and panelists to keep this as consistent as possible and to not disappoint our scene any further.​

For any who do not understand the nature of a PR it is to promote improvement and consistency within our scene. It is of another incentive aside from money to perform and place well within tournaments across Southern Ontario.​

Councilmen: Chris Fisch, EMG | Blacktwins, Meekspeedy, Red X, V115
Criteria: Any player that has met the minimum attendance requirement established for that season will be considered for the Power Rankings. Generally, placings are not considered as important as wins and losses, and thus they do not hold much weight.​

Honorable Mentions are those who did not make the PR but displayed a great showing in tournaments which bring them close to making it, or those who performed greatly in tournament but did not meet the minimum attendance requirement.​

0. EMG | Leon - :marth:/:peach:
1. V115 :zerosuitsamus:
2. Meekspeedy - :sonic:
3. Chris Fisch :metaknight:/:diddy:
4. EMG Blacktwins - :popo:/:lucas:/:fox:
5. Poke - :falco:/:dk2:/:popo:
6. Yoh - :falco:
7. Inle - :marth:/:rob:
8. KillerAP - :popo:
9. Blueberry Kong - :dk2:
10. Ray Kalm - :marth:

Honourable Mentions
Astro - :lucario:
Red X - :metaknight:
Ryoko - :zerosuitsamus:

Challengers Approaching
EMG | Blitz - :metaknight:/:diddy:/:ike:
Jen - :toonlink:/:diddy:
No~M - :toonlink:
Megel - :marth:/:sonic:/:fox:

[collapse=March 13th/2012]​

1. [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar:/:falco:

2. Meekspeedy :sonic:

3. V115 :zerosuitsamus:

4. Suzaku :marth:/:falco:

5. Patches :gw:

6. Peachy :peach:

7. Poke :dk2:/:falco:/:marth:

8. Zhao :luigi2:/:marth:

9. Iliad :marth:/:falco:

10. Dan-Da-Man :snake:/:dk2:

Honorable Mentions

Blacktwins :yoshi2: , Phiddlesticks :wario: , RedX :ness2: [/collapse]​

[collapse=November 29th/2011]​

1. [YRSF] Tin Man :olimar:/:falco:

2. Meekspeedy :sonic:

3. Suzaku :marth:/:falco:

4. V115 :zerosuitsamus:

5. sauc3 :falco:/:dedede:/:kirby2:

6. Ambrose :popo:/:gw:

7. Zhao :luigi2:/:marth:

8. Iliad :marth:/:falco:

9. i1337 :dk2:

10. Peachy :peach:

Honorable Mentions

Gichan :warioc: , Mr.L :luigi2: , Poke :marth:/:falco:/:dk2: , Raidos :snake: , RedX :ness2: [/collapse]​

[collapse=September 20th/2011]​

Honorable Mentions

cMeDu :metaknight: , Gichan :warioc: , Mr.L :luigi2: , Phiddlesticks :wario: , Zhao :luigi2: [/collapse]​

[collapse=August 3rd/2011]​

Honorable Mentions

cMeDu :metaknight: , Culex :falco:/:gw:/:dk2: , Pharaoh :snake: , Raidos :snake: [/collapse]​

[collapse=June 14th/2011]​

Honorable Mentions

i1337 :dk2: , Mr. L :luigi2:/:metaknight: , Peachy Desu~ :peach: , Rhyme :kirby2: , Sauc3 :samus2: [/collapse]​

[collapse=March 29th/2011]​

Honorable Mentions

Inle :marth: , Meekspeedy :sonic:/:wario: , Patches :gw: , Phiddlesticks :bowser2: , Ryan FW :zerosuitsamus: [/collapse]​

[collapse=Feb 27th/2011]

Honorable Mentions

HrcPoke :falco:/:ike: , Inle~Orichas :marth: , Jasuke :popo:/:metaknight: , Mr. L :luigi2: [/collapse]​

[collapse=Jan 24th/2011]

Honorable Mentions

Dan Da Man :dk2:/:fox:/:snake: , Jasuke :popo:/:metaknight:, MPrime :snake:/:falco:[/collapse]​

[collapse=Dec 7th/2010]

Honorable Mentions

Jasuke :popo:/:metaknight:, Logan :metaknight:/:snake:, MPrime :snake:/:falco:, Phiddlesticks :bowser2:/:olimar:[/collapse]​

[collapse=Nov 8th/2010]

Honorable Mentions

MPrime :snake:/:falco:, jMo :kirby2:/:diddy:, Rhyme :kirby2:, Jasuke :popo:/:metaknight:, AvariceX :ness2:/:pikachu2:

[/collapse]​

Tournaments

This section is to display what empirical data we have used to show current PR, we will show the last two to three tournaments and then update after that. This section will also display next tournament that will count towards PR in future dates so make sure to come out to those whenever you could. Mini-tournaments at york or elsewhere will not count unless shown here. MK-banned tournaments will either count very little or nothing at all.​

Weighed Tournaments:

August A&C Tourney​

Iliad's Charity Tourney​

[/collapse]​

Last edited:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Doc should honestly only be listed as Diddy. He only played MK in doubles. I think I'm gonna start playing WiFi for real now. Yesterday really made me feel like I can go way way farther =).

Gichan

Smash Champion
We have not talked about that yet but I think a PR should really only inculde singles. Doubles should only be taken into account for tiebreakers or for honorable mentions. I will update the rest tomorrow guys I'm ****ing tired from work, dayum.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I would love to see what some people would have said 1 year ago if they saw this PR.

edit: Tinman, its on.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
VAUGHAN LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maybe me and cyan should get back in this shiz? top 4 from vaughan?

nope dont have the patience

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Who knows what a mediocre metaknight and a GW that does random, dumb shit can do! that's some limitless potential right there! :laugh:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Remember if you guys would like me to add anythign to the second post in terms of recent hypes and **** just post it here and i'll see to it. Could someone do a write up of doc's ridiculous comeback vs azn sensation? I didn't see it...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh yeah I also would like to add that if you guys got beef with someone. Or if you think you gonna **** someone you can pm me or post here that you wanna add that to "Da Hype".

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Gonna watch the matches when I get home tonight.

Really need to get my own copy of Brawl. I've just always borrowed it from people in the past, which wasn't really a problem until the guy I was borrowing it from decided he wanted to start playing a month or so ago.

I bet I can get him out to the next tourney, at the very least.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
why are there 3 members above doc?

is this PR literally counting only from the last tourney and just forgetting all the tourneys in the past?

anyway it looks cool but YO i swear to god whatever happened to the whole bio thing for each player we were gonna have

Sanu

Smash Champion
why are there 3 members above doc?

is this PR literally counting only from the last tourney and just forgetting all the tourneys in the past?
Was wondering about this too

Gichan

Smash Champion
YES this PR is based off of the last tournament that just occured. We ARE NOT counting tournaments in the past because we are looking for a fresh start. The scene died completely and we need to bring once more from scratch as it would be quite unfair for new players who will never be able to catch up seeing as they missed way too many tournaments. We already spoke to Doc about this and at first he did not like the idea but he came to understand what we are trying to do, I respect Doc a lot for that. Plus we all know he's going to beast it right away and get back to the top.

What Bio thing? Seriously like we just started this thing but I don't remember a bio thing ever being posted or suggested. Why are bios needed? Besides, as stated, this is new and Michelle and I will be working to make this better and better.

And yeah, I'm still confused about this bio thing, what suggestions do you have for it and we may implement it.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
wait nvm im on crack and i mixed up this PR with another PR from another site that there was supposed to be a bio thing just nvm about it lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
If your gonna trashtalk montreal, I hope your ready to debate this to hell, because when the number 1 on your PR takes the same place as our 4th and 5th at apex, it gets fairly hard to argue that your PR is better. Though I will aknowledge he had a fairly hard pool. And no offence to doc either, but without MK he is much less of a threat to mtl than he was with MK.

Finally, when holy says "he quits", it means hes still going to local tourneys, just not training/travelling. Same for kkong i believe. Montreal>GTA anyday : ).

Or you guys could travel here for once and try to prove yourself.

Now if you want to base the fact that the bottom of our pr sucks, well tbh we have new players that are better than the ones in there, we just don't have much data so can't update it yet.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Anyone here would loovvee to go there and prove you wrong. Just cause you guys got like 3 legit players and everyone else mediocre you still stand on being better.

Too bad we only got like one or two drivers who are not willing to drive that long or else we'd give dat bizz to scrubtl anyday.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Anyone here would loovvee to go there and prove you wrong. Just cause you guys got like 3 legit players and everyone else mediocre you still stand on being better.

Too bad we only got like one or two drivers who are not willing to drive that long or else we'd give dat bizz to scrubtl anyday.
You do realize Kingkong ripped through most of your PR using bowser right? He beat docs diddy too, doc without MK would probably lose again. He almost beat TO joe in like every played they set, even beating him in MM iirc.
Stroumbert placed the same as TO joe at apex, remember, the #1 on your PR.
Thats our top 5 beating yours right there. Now if you want to get into top 10, itl have to include the players we didn't put on our PR yet though.

You guys have more quality players, but our top 10 is still probably better.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Update ur PR after the revival of ur scene. When somebody says they quit, its natural to assume they're done with the game. The Fact that Kong & Holy are still going to be playing changes things quite a bit.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Update ur PR after the revival of ur scene. When somebody says they quit, its natural to assume they're done with the game. The Fact that Kong & Holy are still going to be playing changes things quite a bit.
Not really since holy technically "quit" playing brawl pretty much after apex.

Besides, this argument is futile, canada is bad at this game >.>

NekoNekoXD

Smash Cadet
randoms who show up and play get a mention and not the guy who came to LIVE STREAM!?!?!? I see how it is Gi :/

Top Bottom