• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the lot of you are putting too much stock into the whole kept you waiting thing, do you really believe Sakurai would go to Nintendo and tell them hey lets keep Snake a secret character just so we can make an obscure reference that only metal gear fans will understand.
I don't remember anyone saying he was going to be a secret character.
But, if he didn't use that line when he's revealed I'd be surprised.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I think the lot of you are putting too much stock into the whole kept you waiting thing, do you really believe Sakurai would go to Nintendo and tell them hey lets keep Snake a secret character just so we can make an obscure reference that only metal gear fans will understand.
It's not some "obscure" reference anybody that's played brawl should understand!

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
That's fine and all but some people really believe that the only reason snake hasn't been revealed yet, is because Sakurai is waiting for a perfect opportunity to use that reference, look I get it August is finally upon you guys your final hour has arrived and you guys are trying to be optimistic as possible, I am just saying don't cling on to false hopes.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's fine and all but some people really believe that the only reason snake hasn't been revealed yet, is because Sakurai is waiting for a perfect opportunity to use that reference, look I get it August is finally upon you guys your final hour has arrived and you guys are trying to be optimistic as possible, I am just saying don't cling on to false hopes.
I'm glad to see you put aside your evil Trollish Ways.

Last edited:

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
To someone who hasn't played MGS, it seems dumb. But to those who have played MGS, it's as big as the "Snake? Snake? SNAAAAKE!" line, if not bigger, since it has been in every MGS game, including Revengeance, and was even in the Subspace (the line was also the only thing actually spoken in the subspace). It is a reference that only fans would get, but then again, most of the people who care about Snake returning are MGS fans, and would get the reference. The only other people who want him to return are people who don't want to waste a good moveset, but thats a very small group (compared to the MGS fans).

At the end of the day, Nintendo doesn't care if Snake is in, so they don't care how Snake is revealed. From Sakurai and Kojima's POV, it's a funny way to reveal a character, though from our POV, it has required us to wait a long time. I know it sounds crazy right now, and it might be, and we just haven't realized it yet, because we're blinded by how much we want him, but if there is any third party who is going to be revealed this late, it's Snake.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Again I have played MGS games I certainly don't recall the quote being in MGS1 MGS3 or MGS4 maybe I didn't notice it has been years since I last touched the games. Speaking of a which someone mentioned the Remake a couple posts ago, the Remake is part the reason why I don't consider the twin snakes or MGS3D as true remakes, enhanced ports sure. But they did not change much from the original games like REmake did to RE1 I mean the games are night and day. Compared to twin snakes which I felt was a downgrade at least when it comes to the soundtrack compared to MGS1.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Again I have played MGS games I certainly don't recall the quote being in MGS1 MGS3 or MGS4 maybe I didn't notice it has been years since I last touched the games. Speaking of a which someone mentioned the Remake a couple posts ago, the Remake is part the reason why I don't consider the twin snakes or MGS3D as true remakes, enhanced ports sure. But they did not change much from the original games like REmake did to RE1 I mean the games are night and day. Compared to twin snakes which I felt was a downgrade at least when it comes to the soundtrack compared to MGS1.
It's been in every Metal Gear Game to date! Now i will agree i don't know what Miyamoto and Kojima were doing when they let Sillicon Knights take out some of the Music. But Gameplay wise The Twin Snake's is Superior.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
It's been in every Metal Gear Game to date! Now i will agree i don't know what Miyamoto and Kojima were doing when they let Sillicon Knights take out some of the Music. But Gameplay wise The Twin Snake's is Superior.
I know Sniper wolf's death felt less emotional without the enclosure theme playing in the background, or getting getting spotted didn't give me that oh **** feeling without the encounter theme playing.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I know Sniper wolf's death felt less emotional without the enclosure theme playing in the background, or getting getting spotted didn't give me that oh **** feeling without the encounter theme playing.
)
Regardless of you feel the remake is inferior to the original, it is an exclusive. It added new game mechanics, enhanced cutscenes, etc. You can not get twin snakes on any other platform. I do not think snake eater 3d is a exclusive but it does have exclusive features.

Nintendo exclusives: snakes revenge, ghost babel, twin snakes
Sony exclusives: MGS4(which will probably be ported to the 8th gen consoles, all 3 of them have enough disk space) Portable ops, Metal Gear Acid 2(1st one was ported to mobile)
I might have missed some, so if I did let me know. But to my knowledge it is 3-3 on the exclusive front.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Not gonna lie, the fact that commercials are out, and Snake still hasn't been announced yet is kinda disheartening. I know that if any third party character is going to be announced late it's Snake, since Kojima and Sakurai like to mess with people, and the whole "Kept you waiting, huh?" line is probably the reason he hasn't been announced yet, but this seems to be pushing it.

I know Snake has no reason to be cut, and a lot of reasons he should be in, but this month's direct cannot come soon enough. The next week or two will be the biggest for Snake supporters.
Well even seeing commercials and promotional stuff without wario is strange. I wont say it isnt looking shaky as it stands, but there is still a lot more we havent seen just based on how many veterans we havent seen a bit of. There is always the possibility hes not in, but until weve seen it all we cant exactly say for sure since sakurai has proven many wrong before.
I think many who mentioned that didnt think of it as an iron clad or main reason for him not being shown yet, it was mainly the possibility off of the character and how a reveal like that would play off his character.

And I dont see how twin snakes isnt on the level of the RE1 remake, its a major difference just with the mgs2 engine they are using in it, it carried over all the updates that game had (made things a bit easier in some cases). Along with the total re dub, full motion video, and various other things it had more done to it then most remakes do.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
To explain why I don't consider twin snakes on the level of the RE 1 Remake you have to look at what both of them did to the respective games they are based on, sure Twin snakes has the MGS2 engine, enhanced graphics and first person aiming at it's core it's still the same game hence why consider it an enhanced port. The original Resident evil 1 on the other hand is a game I dread playing to due to how dated it is compared to it's sequels the Remake not only enhanced the graphics, improved the mechanics of the original, but also kept it fresh while at same time keeping the spirit of the original. Sure you were still exploring a mansion but that mansion was completely different to the one you explored in 1996 the remake added new areas, new enemies it felt like an entirely new game.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Don't do it Snake! it's not worth the slot!
I don't about this one. Looks like were in a "fuzzy pickle" Snake is Armed with his MK.22 and Stun Rod. Pit's Struggling to get free Lady Palutena might come and save him. Samus has her Arm Cannon. Link's Still catchin up! Samus could take em both out!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
To explain why I don't consider twin snakes on the level of the RE 1 Remake you have to look at what both of them did to the respective games they are based on, sure Twin snakes has the MGS2 engine, enhanced graphics and first person aiming at it's core it's still the same game hence why consider it an enhanced port. The original Resident evil 1 on the other hand is a game I dread playing to due to how dated it is compared to it's sequels the Remake not only enhanced the graphics, improved the mechanics of the original, but also kept it fresh while at same time keeping the spirit of the original. Sure you were still exploring a mansion but that mansion was completely different to the one you explored in 1996 the remake added new areas, new enemies it felt like an entirely new game.
Makes sense, i understand that re1 had more to gain from the upgrade so it certainly turned out well because of it (cant wait for the HD version myself). But i still dont think we could call twin snakes a port at all, a port would mean that it was the same game just put on another platform, TTS was completely remade, no in game assets were taken from mgs1. Even if it didnt add the amount that the RE1 remake did, doesnt make it any less the remake it is.

----
anyway lets enjoy the mg2 intro on wii

love that music

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
On the flipside of things, I made a Solid Eye!

Do what this video says, find some dark blue/black fabric (an old shirt could work) and make a headband out of it, wear all black/dark blue, and ta dah! You now have a crappy AMAZING Snake costume for launch night!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Colonel: Snake, we've received a distress call from the Star Fox Team that Big Boss has several Nintendo characters Captured.
Snake: Big Boss!?!? I've thought I killed him in Zanzibar?
Colonel: He still alive he's hunting down Nintendo Character's now and taking them back to Outer Heaven to torture them. He's demanding a slot in the upcoming SSBU/3DS.
Snake: Who's he got Captured?
Colonel: Mario, Samus, Link, Star Fox, Pit and Megaman. Snake you have to save them.
Snake: Got it!
Once again Solid Snake is called out of retirement, To fight on the battlefield!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
All these toy pics make me want to make one using gmod...,

K41N570RM

Smash Rookie
I still say that even though Kojima (think that's his name) hasn't been "in contact" with Sakurai they could still be trolling us, I have a feeling :snake:S back

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Colonel: Snake, we've received a distress call from the Star Fox Team that Big Boss has several Nintendo characters Captured.
Snake: Big Boss!?!? I've thought I killed him in Zanzibar?
Colonel: He still alive he's hunting down Nintendo Character's now and taking them back to Outer Heaven to torture them. He's demanding a slot in the upcoming SSBU/3DS.
Snake: Who's he got Captured?
Colonel: Mario, Samus, Link, Star Fox, Pit and Megaman. Snake you have to save them.
Snake: Got it!
Once again Solid Snake is called out of retirement, To fight on the battlefield!
Figma solid snake is already on his way

as soon as he gets painted..

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Hmm... im gonna wait for nintendo or at least sakurai to mention this first, any random site can make this claim and throw it on the web.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hmm... im gonna wait for nintendo or at least sakurai to mention this first, any random site can make this claim and throw it on the web.
I agree, the 12th is very soon and if Nintendo was planning to reveal the whole roster then, why haven't they said anything about it?
I'm taking this with a grain of salt because, personally, I don't think Nintendo would do such a thing with Smash Bros.

Top Bottom