• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Zelda and Rosalina are both really fun characters, but I literally can’t play either. Tried playing online, bye bye gsp
I don't know why but one day Ultimate Zelda just "clicked" with me. It's really strange because Zelda is typically seen as a defensive zoner, and I generally play agressive heavyweights. I guess its because if she manages to set up a phantom, it can also be used for strong offensive pressure similar to the type heavies can put on you.

Honestly, if I wasn't such a strong Charizard loyalist I'd probably be a Zelda main in this game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just realized that I spent the entire day out shopping without a mask on and nobody called me out on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got a Gible and a Shiny Dratini out of this event (so far). The Gible has a whopping 14CP, but it's nice to have, and the Dratini is pretty good.
Those are both pretty sweet shinies. I’m hoping to get them with incense While the event is going. Because I have none of the special spawns shiny. But I don’t have many incense. Going to use a few and hope I got lucky. Then save the rest for community day and stack on stardust and hopefully a good magikarp that’s shiny.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Those are both pretty sweet shinies. I’m hoping to get them with incense While the event is going. Because I have none of the special spawns shiny. But I don’t have many incense. Going to use a few and hope I got lucky. Then save the rest for community day and stack on stardust and hopefully a good magikarp that’s shiny.
The Gible isn't shiny, but I mentioned it because it's a really rare Pokemon to begin with.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I don't know why but one day Ultimate Zelda just "clicked" with me. It's really strange because Zelda is typically seen as a defensive zoner, and I generally play agressive heavyweights. I guess its because if she manages to set up a phantom, it can also be used for strong offensive pressure similar to the type heavies can put on you.

Honestly, if I wasn't such a strong Charizard loyalist I'd probably be a Zelda main in this game.
I wish a character could just click for me. Sure, I can all of a sudden get into a character, but there’s no way for me to all of a sudden know how to play a character. Especially complicated characters like Zelda and Rosalina. So I’m probably never even gonna be able to call them my secondary, since I can’t play them whatsoever.
Went and bought one of these

View attachment 280866
I’m confused. Is that just holding up the switch from the controller? Wouldn’t that get heavy?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Trollhunter (2010). Among my favorite found footage films. Definitely up there with Cloverfield and Exists (2014).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Bug Fables! I didn't 100% complete the game, but I beat it on hard mode, finished all of the side-quests, got all of the recipes, and completed the bestiary. (I didn't beat the post-game final boss, since my usual strategy doesn't seem to work, but losing the fight doesn't cause a game over, so even if you lose, you still get their bestiary entry, though it also means that any items that you used during the fight are gone afterwards)

I found the first form of the final boss to be a little harder than the second; he uses a lot of fire attacks, and the game doesn't have many options for healing the burning status effect. It was a great game, extremely charming, and I'm looking forward to whatever the developers have planned next!

I'm probably going to focus on Fairy Tail next, though for the sake of variety (since both Fairy Tail and Bug Fables are RPGs), I might play some Skullgirls or Guilty Gear XX to try and figure out which characters are beginner-friendly. (or to try and figure out how to play defensively in fighting games, because I'm terrible at that)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Currently still watching Paper Mario: The Origami King on YouTube on my TV. So far at Autumn Mountain.

Gotta get this game soon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Gible isn't shiny, but I mentioned it because it's a really rare Pokemon to begin with.[/QUOTE
I have only seen one gible this event in the wild. I did hatch one though. I’m very close to Garchomp. i only saw like five Gible during Go fest. I want to hatch shiny Deino most though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Random thought before I go to sleep.

Looking at televangelists (I mean the real bad ones) who thinks they can cure people just by putting their hands on others, I like to think that they are secretly Shang Tsung taking souls.

"Your soul is mine!"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Random thought before I go to sleep.

Looking at televangelists (I mean the real bad ones) who thinks they can cure people just by putting their hands on others, I like to think that they are secretly Shang Tsung taking souls.

"Your soul is mine!"
Lol true.

On a more serious note though...

Many televangelists frustrate me for that reason: claiming they can cure people when they can't. It's fake. They are not God but make themselves out to be. And, it especially bothers me because these bad televangelists claim to be Christians but aren't. As a Christian myself, this exploitation of others angers me, and these frauds frustrate me as well, and it's often done for financial gain. They don't yield the spiritual fruit for me to have any confidence that they're actually legit.

"For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." The ones who are true Christians will do what they can to deal kindly with everyone and be fair towards everyone, rather than being underhanded and shady as heck. The quote is also out of 1st Timothy 6, for reference. Is a person who claims that they're a Christian being kind and fair towards another?

What I want to make sure that I'm doing is treating everyone with respect and kindness, especially considering the landscape that these bad televangelists cause. These people are false, and should not be listened to by anybody.

I don't often discuss politics or religious points on here at all, and for good reason. However, this is one of the exceptions. I wanna make sure what I'm doing is right and fair toward everyone, and to stay on the wheel, especially. Am I living like Jesus; being kind and fair towards everyone? That's what I want to make sure I'm always doing.

Just discussing this hot button topic while also being vulnerable, I suppose.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One of these days I'm going to ask you guys to trade me a Galarian Farfetch'd (preferably holding a leek).

But not right now.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Lol true.

Many televangelists frustrate me for that reason: claiming they can cure people when they can't. It's fake. They are not God but make themselves out to be. And, it especially bothers me because these bad televangelists claim to be Christians but aren't. As a Christian myself, this exploitation of others angers me, and these frauds frustrate me as well, and it's often done for financial gain. They don't yield the spiritual fruit for me to have any confidence that they're actually legit.

"For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." The ones who are true Christians will do what they can to deal kindly with everyone and be fair towards everyone, rather than being underhanded and shady as heck. The quote is also out of 1st Timothy 6, for reference. Is a person who claims that they're a Christian being kind and fair towards another?

What I want to make sure that I'm doing is treating everyone with respect and kindness, especially considering the landscape that these bad televangelists cause. These people are false, and should not be listened to by anybody.

I don't often discuss politics or religious points on here at all, and for good reason. However, this is one of the exceptions. I wanna make sure what I'm doing is right and fair toward everyone, and to stay on the wheel, especially. Am I living like Jesus; being kind and fair towards everyone? That's what I want to make sure I'm always doing.

It's fine. It is the people like those who give religion a bad name and turns it away. Especially those who mix it with money and politics.

I'll be honest to people, I'm fine with others believing in God and such, as you long as you respect my opinion for not believing in it (and remember that it effected the country I was born in, still to this day and even my life indirectly).

Thats my thought for the night.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Lol true.

Your heart is more just than most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom