• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i don't think you understood.

you're thinking "fighting game based off anime"
they're saying "fighting game with anime artstyles"

or they're talking about fighterz
No. I’m thinking “fighting game with an anime art style”. Why would you think I was saying “based off an anime?”
It probably also helped (from that commentator's perspective) that one of the characters who was announced was (from the sounds of it) his main.
I know. It’s still a bummer. Like you’d think he’d know better then to hype the stream up for something that was just exciting to him.

It’s too bad there aren’t enough american/western fighting games to do this over here. What would they show? Mortal Kombat? Injustice? Killer Instinct? ClayFighter?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This Guilty Gear slander smh
I’ll slander an anime fighter as much as I want. I spent an hour of my life watching a presentation to be shown a shadow on a building and a bunch of weeb ****. I’m not exactly thrilled. Knew I shouldn’t have watched live.

Like. Japan. You do know there are other ways to draw characters, right? Play around with the shapes and the art style some more. Seriously.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’ll slander an anime fighter as much as I want. I spent an hour of my life watching a presentation to be shown a shadow on a building and a bunch of weeb ****. I’m not exactly thrilled. Knew I shouldn’t have watched live.

Like. Japan. You do know there are other ways to draw characters, right? Play around with the shapes and the art style some more. Seriously.
What a fine and pleasant discussion to wake up to.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah, its been a while since we had an "does all anime look the same" argument.

PS, it doesn't. Not anymore then "all western animation looks like Disney".

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

artworks-000537077304-3k9bbk-t500x500.jpg

Bloody hell. Snake is mopey.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 280682

Bloody hell. Snake is mopey.
I should have listened to my gut and not watched live. Although now I think about it, that probably wouldn’t have helped much. The only way that presentation could have happened and I not be dissapointed by it was if I didn’t know it existed till like, a week later.

And I’m not mopey. I’m just... Irritated.
Well, there's been some notable fighting game news that's come up in the past hours.
“”“notable””” in massive quotes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You ever sometimes think about the fact that if Nintendo ever localized Mother 3, all the names of enemies and characters will be different then the Tomato Translation and people will probably be pissed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey so

remember that Smash Bros Ultimate music video i was working on

wellllllllll

now with some effects!! and an improved intro (the last parts of the immediate intro with Min Min may seem a bit choppy, some fancy transitions are gonna go there... also i just realized i used the wrong sound byte for Luminary's final smash

would like to know how to get rid of some of the blurriness of the source videos, i downloaded them all at 1080p60fps. also, still need a capture card for the intro of a match segment with the main 5...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You ever sometimes think about the fact that if Nintendo ever localized Mother 3, all the names of enemies and characters will be different then the Tomato Translation and people will probably be pissed.
Some of the enemies would be different, but I think a lot are accurate. All of the main characters have the same names in Smash, too.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I’m not surprised that some of the creativity at Ubi was squashed by a single person. I’ve had a theory that Miyamoto is that person at Nintendo just judging by some of his interviews and all that. And if you look at Ubi and Nintendo they kind of Mirror each other. They both focus on a very specific set of already successful properties, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, and Watch Dogs for Ubi and Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing for Nintendo. I know it’s not the same because Nintendo does try to branch out and so does Ubi. But it is very apparent that there are specific tiers that are in the forefront. It is a shame that so many of these creative projects got **** down because of one person, if I’m reading this right, but it is what it is. All we can hope is that they have a future.
Yeah, it really is. It also reminded me of the whole situation with the Toads as of late. What kind of worries me though, from what I have seen in Yong Yea's coverage of the subject is that Yves gave kind of a half assed apology, because well, he had something to do with it as well, and he could have taken action long ago instead of just now that everyone had to make it public. Even before the Ubisoft Forward event they were putting the excuse of "Oh, it's pre-recorded footage so we won't address the recent situation." while no one was really buying it in this day and age where a quick edit solves it. I mean, heck I was cringing not only because how this guy literally ruled with an iron fist but also his actions towards employees...it's honestly really scary to be honest. Specially considering Ubi is not the only place misconduct and abuse was heard.

Another thing that worries me is the fact that, while Yves is going to take his position temporarily, an apprentice of sorts of Hascoet is going to take his place. That doesn't sound good in any way. Why cannot it be someone that doesn't have any direct ties with him? I honestly don't know what to think about the company anymore, though the love for the characters they brought is still with me.

Dutch Raikuna

How's everyone doing?

I've worked about 60 hours this week and I'm so beat.
I'm probably the one of the two Europeans up on here right now. Got nothing much until Tuesday,

Been up talking to you guys and reading my story stuff.

What's up gamers?
Do you ever wonder why people say get "on" the plane or train but never "in" the train or plane?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bruh what
In the midst of a global pandemic, why is banning TikTok a priority? Did I miss something important?
I think it’s ‘cause of supposed Chinese spyware, and now a lot of people are all for it since TikTok moderators apparently admitted to hiding the videos of people whom they thought were most-likely to get bullied yes it sounds dumb but is apparently true based on what I read.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Bruh what
In the midst of a global pandemic, why is banning TikTok a priority? Did I miss something important?
Cause poor priorities dude. No love lost though.

It is owned by China.

But honestly, I’m kind of glass it’s gone (assuming he actually does it). Tik Tok as a concept just annoys me.
Pretty much. I found it forced.

On a humorous note speaking of the pandemic and being from the UK/Ireland, I'm thankful that the government listened to the Irish side to get through this. We've got a tracing app already and doing better than the mainland. I know population plays a role but still.

No politics I know but you guys are mostly American so it's good to hear another places view every once in a while and how things are going for us pandemic wise.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Noticing a pattern of the 20+ year olds on this site are sounding like a bunch of oldies when it comes to TikTok.

You guys are becoming old and are starting to develop the boomer mindset without even knowing it lol.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Bruh what
TLDR
Tiktok is a service made in China that internally is used to gather data off of foreign phones and puts them in a Chinese database.

Because China is a shady country at the moment they can't exactly be trusted with that kinda of information, no matter how useless it is. So it's worth banning.

I come from a family with military connections so this kinda of logic makes sense to me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Look, I'm not saying that China is wrong for that, but isn't the US kinda guilty if the same thing?

Like, I'm 99% sure Facebook got in hot water for nearly the exact same thing, but almost nothing came out of it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Look, I'm not saying that China is wrong for that, but isn't the US kinda guilty if the same thing?

Like, I'm 99% sure Facebook got in hot water for nearly the exact same thing, but almost nothing came out of it.
I think the difference here is that Facebook isn't tied to the government while most if not all businesses in China are tied to the government.

So when a Chinese service is being used and it uses your personal information that stuff goes into the Chinese governments hands while in the case of western social media it's just to the owners of said service to decide what to do with the information.

Dutch Raikuna

TLDR
Tiktok is a service made in China that internally is used to gather data off of foreign phones and puts them in a Chinese database.

Because China is a shady country at the moment they can't exactly be trusted with that kinda of information, no matter how useless it is. So it's worth banning.

I come from a family with military connections so this kinda of logic makes sense to me.
I think that's the weird thing. This whole pandemic has changed my view of the country entirely. As a matter of fact all the governments of the major powers my perspective has changed of this and a few other things.

US and UK messed up big time in their approaches. Northern Ireland, my home and part of the UK, only really made it through because A. We aren't on the mainland, B. Our 2 million population and C. We aligned our approaches more with the Republic which won out.

I will never talk bad about the people of any country but I will about the government.

Not gonna go deeper than that for politics unless you want to switch it a bit and talk philosophy.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the difference here is that Facebook isn't tied to the government while most if not all businesses in China are tied to the government.

So when a Chinese service is being used and it uses your personal information that stuff goes into the Chinese governments hands while in the case of western social media it's just to the owners of said service to decide what to do with the information.
I mean, I guess, but we still have the NSA and Patriot Act alive and well, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom