• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And even if the game dies, the fanbase is still strong as hell.

"Heavy is dead", a really well done GMod vid, has 8 million views in only 9 months of being up.
Amd om top of TF2's community, Doom won't die until every songle thing can run Doom, Melee won't die until 20XX, and Mario 64 will be speedrun to the point where the world record holder will fracture space and time by completing the game faster than the speed of light.

Shroob

Sup?
Amd om top of TF2's community, Doom won't die until every songle thing can run Doom, Melee won't die until 20XX, and Mario 64 will be speedrun to the point where the world record holder will fracture space and time by completing the game faster than the speed of light.
They're gonna BLJ soo hard they reach the parallel universe where every speedrunner is personalized while doing a half-A press in Watch for Rolling Rocks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They're gonna BLJ soo hard they reach the parallel universe where every speedrunner is personalized while doing a half-A press in Watch for Rolling Rocks.
The would be record holder mysteriously goes missing after a speedrun attempt. It was stated that this was the last thing viewers saw on stream before it abruptly ended.
WarioApparitionOriginal.png

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I just finished the opening act of Ghost of Tsushima and damn. It was one of the very few games from last year's E3 I thought was interesting, and my eye definitely caught this one. It's a lot of fun thus far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo fans in 2021, three seconds before getting mugged by a snow fairy:

1595315544076.png

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While the Direct could've been better, the last two announcements honestly made my day. Seeing Atlus not only finally give us an update on SMTV, but also reveal that III will be getting a remaster on the Switch was great news, and as someone who started with IV and doesn't have access to the original I'm glad I have the chance to go back and play the most popular entry.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
So all release dates for this year haven’t changed?
Meaning that all of the games that would’ve been revealed at E3 are still happening on the same dates.
What the hell is going to happen? I don’t want to be that one guy who tried to convince you that a direct is locked for next week, but I seriously think we’re getting a non-mini General Direct within the next 30 days.
There’s just too much stuff which doesn’t make sense.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Reactions to the direct in a nutshell:
“Thanks Trump”? I mean he’s not the best person but wtfrick does he have to do with this? lmao
But yeah, this is literally the Nintendo community. A lot of people act like it’s just Smash who’s toxic, but these comments seem to prove otherwise.
Of course, there are still the “No smash?” comments so nobody is really in the clear other than like Fire Emblem and Earthbound lol

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Nintendo has put out an official statement on the release schedules:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3653...tailed-statement-on-the-impact-the-pandemic-h
While it's nice to get some clarification, we knew 2020 would be barren the second Animal Crossing was delayed into 2020 and they went past the release of AC without announcing any new game. I have a feeling Nintendo's 2020 would have been empty regardless of the virus. Also, Sony and Microsoft are literally releasing new consoles this year and they're still on track. Nintendo can't keep using the pandemic as a scapegoat forever. The consolidation of the home console and handheld departments have failed to significantly increase new software output. Ports, remasters, and third party support can only take you so far.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You ever feel like...

If you didn't force yourself into other people's lives...

They wouldn't notice you existed?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You ever feel like...

I am very introverted and have had struggles with feeling invisible but eventually I realised a need to put myself out there.

I don't think it's a matter of forcing myself into people's lives but recognising that there's a partnership in any friendship. I can't just hide behind a metaphorical door and leaving it open still isn't enough. You gotta venture out of it sometimes and allow others to do the same.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am very introverted and have had struggles with feeling invisible but eventually I realised a need to put myself out there.

I don't think it's a matter of forcing myself into people's lives but recognising that there's a partnership in any friendship. I can't just hide behind a metaphorical door and leaving it open still isn't enough. You gotta venture out of it sometimes and allow others to do the same.
That's the thing. I'm really not an introvert. Whenever I want to hang with friends, I'm usually the one who makes plans. Friends do show up, but it feels like no one has ever gone out of their way to invite me to something. A couple people who I consider really close friends just don't talk to me unless I talk to them first.

Logically, I know that's not true but... I really feel like a lot of my friends aren't investing any effort in the friendship, while I'm investing all the effort.

I'm not opposed to making most of the plans. But I'd just like a hi or something sometimes. Have people show I'm in their thoughts too.

Does that make sense?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's the thing. I'm really not an introvert. Whenever I want to hang with friends, I'm usually the one who makes plans. Friends do show up, but it feels like no one has ever gone out of their way to invite me to something. A couple people who I consider really close friends just don't talk to me unless I talk to them first.

Logically, I know that's not true but... I really feel like a lot of my friends aren't investing any effort in the friendship, while I'm investing all the effort.

I'm not opposed to making most of the plans. But I'd just like a hi or something sometimes. Have people show I'm in their thoughts too.

Does that make sense?
Yes I think that makes sense.

I very rarely invite people to things because I'm not really inclined to do so. There's also only a few people that I'll message first but my friends and I have come to that understanding.

Also, I did have a friend once open up to me about how important a sense of equal contribution felt. They would aways talk to me first but afterwards it became fairly even who would initiate conversations. Sometimes you just need to have those conversations.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Does that make sense?
People are busy with their daily lives and can be more passive than proactive, though you feeling lonely and wanting to hang out aren't mutually exclusive, makes sense to me

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have.

Only one of my friends made an effort to change.

The rest didn't.
Well it's great that you do have a friend who made that change for you.

As for the others, it's natural that people might hold on to relationships more importantly the the other person. So long as the difference isn't harmful, things can be a-okay.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So after the latest JoJo chapter, a lot of **** is up in the air.

So the Rock Humans' goals are still very vague on why they want the magic Jesus Fruit known as the Rokakaka (Locacaca technically but I'm too used to the old saying rn). Some say they just want to be able to have penises. However, some theorize that Rock Humans want to get rid of every carbon-based lifeform on Earth because they see Earth as a godly vessel not worthy of nasty stinky humans. And man... I hope that isn't the case.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a Part 5 situation where "Surprise! Your main villain was a boogeyman who was hiding until the last arc all along!" is the end slate. Like, I'm very deadset that Jobin has been the main threat ever since Damo died in 2015.

Tooru is likely to get creamed by the Higashikatas, and Wonder of U is likely to get creamed by Rai, which by the way, is the literal last rock human enemy standing right now. Either way, Jobin is going to end up being on top of things. From the start, he was telling Josuke to go straight to the enemy's front door because he had the Rokakaka, trying to say the hospital had it. He didn't know that they actually did have a new Rokakaka, but he was very successful in his plan of diversion. And currently speaking, he still has the Rokakaka.

Jobin is such a menace because he literally led someone who still believes he's harmless to a very harmful scenario while his family doesn't even know the **** he's capable of. I'd be damned if he died by the hairspray can poke, because that's death worse than Hot "Mrs. Stabbed By Windows" Pants. He will come back at some point.

Here are my predictions for Ch. 100 and beyond:

- Josuke and Rai (W) VS Dododo Dedadada (L)
- Joshu (L, possible death) VS Tooru (W)
- Josuke and Rai (W) VS Wonder of U (L)

Now by this point, they're like five miles away from the main battle so they gotta find a way back.

- Jobin Higashikata and the others (L) VS Tooru (W)

Tooru's gonna get the Rokakaka and book it. But Born this Way exists, so;

- Kyo Nijimura + Born this Way (L) VS Tooru (W)

Oh **** they meet up.

- Josuke (W) VS Tooru (L)

Oh **** Caato had the Rokakaka all along now he's gotta get it back.

- Caato Higashikata (L) VS Josuke (W)

And as a crackshot crackpot theory final battle:

- Jesus-Jobin (L) VS Josuke (W)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can relate with Swamp Sensei at times, tbh.

I have also found myself making a lot of the plans with my IRL friends from the most part.
Although back in February of last year, when all those bad things were hitting me, they did reach out to me on their own to try and come up with dates to meet up and help me deal out with some of the problems I had on my shoulders.

I don't know how similar my case is to Swamp's, but I do want to be positive and say that their friends do value them quite a lot as mine's do.

D

Deleted member

Good morning!

I hope you all have a nice day (or night, depending on where you are)
Thanks!

I just had breakfast. May take a shower and go for a walk to relax and loose some minor extra weight.

D

Deleted member

Seems to be the anniversary of Mario Tennis 64

EdculBzX0AYPT3L.png

Haven't played the Game, but Mario Tennis Aces at least is one of my favourite Mario games of all time.

Doesn't the N64 Game have DK Jr. too?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
You ever feel like...

Yeah I guess. I want people to know I exist but in a "natural" way and not in a way that feels forced.

It's hard to explain. Like I'm mostly a conversation starter but I get tired of how I'm always the one doing it.

Then again I'm very introverted to my family but very extroverted and friendly to my friends and people outside my house/online. My brothers is the main reason why I'm so insecure about it and not wanting to do anything with them.
And they tend to bring up all the bad stuff I did to make them look good to my American side of my family so I gave up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Damn, seems like I missed more SMT talk.

Yes, pretty sure it was even his last playable appearance, unless you count the Game & Watch Gallery games or the Mario Maker costume. They really should bring him back in a future Mario Tennis or Kart game, would be a nice throwback.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Seems to be the anniversary of Mario Tennis 64

View attachment 279571

Haven't played the Game, but Mario Tennis Aces at least is one of my favourite Mario games of all time.

I remembered playing this way back on the Nintendo 64 along with Mario Golf which are both fun. To answer your question, yes it did have DK Jr.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Does that make sense?
Just reading up on this briefly, it's understandable why you feel the way you do. I would probably begin considering the same thing if I were in your shoes, and I'm sure others would as well.

I think the best thing to do is to get to know others on an intimate level, so that there's this trust established and you can grow closer to that person that you want to be close to.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
“Thanks Trump”? I mean he’s not the best person but wtfrick does he have to do with this? lmao
But yeah, this is literally the Nintendo community. A lot of people act like it’s just Smash who’s toxic, but these comments seem to prove otherwise.
Of course, there are still the “No smash?” comments so nobody is really in the clear other than like Fire Emblem and Earthbound lol
Youtube comments are always going to have a lot of toxic posts everytime, no matter what video you watch. In addition, there are also bound to be a number of toxic Youtube channels such as anyone associated with the Fandom Menace or any trolling channels who will often spinning facts around and telling lies.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Guys.

I just watched a few episodes of Violet Evergarden again.

I think.......I'm becoming emotionless. I didn't react as bad as I did the first time I watched it. I didn't cry as much and I'm worried about that. And honestly I've been feeling that way as far back as lockdown began. I've been more emotionless visually and it's worrying.

Like a sense of disconnect. Don't know why I'm throwing this out here but that's how I've been feeling now really reflecting on it. I feel like I'm losing my emotions. I might talk to my doctor about it on Friday.

Don't know if this is normal or not if anyone wants to listen to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok... So I am currently with a big dilemma.

You see, today It is my uncle's birthday (my mother's brother, not the other uncle who has the House with a swimming pool), and for the most part I was basically considering to just not go at all since my uncles deeply despise me and even went on to say some days ago in front of everyone that nobody gives a **** about me.
Sounds like a simple and fair solution.

However, my cousins have texted me saying that they are sad I didn't go have lunch with them as these past days I've went with them they have felt really good with my presence and all that. So right now I'm not sure if I should go dinner with them tonight just for my cousins while trying my best to deal with my uncles or just not going at the cost of dissapointing my cousins.

Since most of you here are around 25 to 30 years old, I was thinking ya'll could give me some feedback about this due to the amount of experience you all seem to have.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Guys.

I just watched a few episodes of Violet Evergarden again.

I think.......I'm becoming emotionless. I didn't react as bad as I did the first time I watched it. I didn't cry as much and I'm worried about that. And honestly I've been feeling that way as far back as lockdown began. I've been more emotionless visually and it's worrying.

Like a sense of disconnect. Don't know why I'm throwing this out here but that's how I've been feeling now really reflecting on it. I feel like I'm losing my emotions. I might talk to my doctor about it on Friday.
I know how you feel. I've experienced plenty of moments where I just feel nothing from something, it's really just a natural part of autism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom