• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even then, Diddy's infinite was highly situational and he still got buffed in other areas to compensate. I'm not really sure I'm going to call him truly "nerfed".
I mean, I guess Little Mac and Ganon got nerfed on the virtue that every character around their level of viability possibly powercrept them hard due to the fact that those two didn't get any buffs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Min Min is pretty fun. The ability to walk and alternate punches is pretty crazy and makes her stand out.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Min Min is fun, but can get annoying online.
BUT THIS ARMS THEME REMIX IS FIRE
its also my personal headcanon that the main vocals are dr coyle, at least in the ssbu version, and that the chorus is the rest of the arms cast
ramen bowl is really nice too. you’ll definitely catch me listening to both of these at some point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry Min Min, Bayonetta buffs was the best thing that came out of this patch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh no, the Min Mins are learning fast.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So is it safe to say that bottom 4 is Mac, Ganon, ICs, DK? So far, they're the last remaining low tiers to get any meaningful buffs, and the rest all powercrept them in many ways, especially after this patch.

Edit: after some thinking, Lucario's bottom 5.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve been watching the new season of the Twilight Zone, and they really stepped it up.

2nd episode was alright but the rest have been really good and the endings can be pretty crazy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So is it safe to say that bottom 4 is Mac, Ganon, ICs, DK? So far, they're the last remaining low tiers to get any meaningful buffs, and the rest all powercrept them in many ways, especially after this patch.
DK has to be the highest low-tier in existence, he's at least a powerful Wifi Warrior character. :4dk:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Shiny Zeraora is waiting for me in Home.

Hasty, nearly perfect in IVs, and as expected, it's in a Cherish Ball.

Super cool **** bruh.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I enjoyed playing as Min Min. Had a lot of fun fighting others as her. I might play as her again tomorrow.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I think I can safely conclude that Min Min won't be destroying the meta.

She can set up nasty traps with her two punches, but if you manage to get past those traps she leaves herself wide open as her arms return. On top of that her air mobility seems pretty poor and her landing options are very bad. Her recovery is nothing to write home about either, and she doesn't have Joker's mobility or Byleth's side-b mix up to work around its weakness as a tether.

The stereotype is that zoners are all braindead and while I don't think that's true at all, I especially don't think it's true for Min Min. She can't just press buttons and hope to keep her opponent out, she has to anticipate their moves and make sure at least one of her fists connect, or else they get a big window of opportunity to close in on her. However if the Min Min player plays smart and it able to get their opponent off stage, she has some pretty nasty ledge trapping herself.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Min Min is ridiculously fun. I love this playstyle so much.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Fighting Min Min with Little Mac isn't actually that bad on the ground, I clash with her ARMS a lot, so usually it isn't too hard to get in there. On the other hand, recovery is a mindgame, but since his counter goes out so far, her trying to edgeguard usually doesn't work if I can call the attempt.

StormC

Smash Hero
Min Min is ridiculously fun. I love this playstyle so much.
Same. This is easily my favorite playstyle of any of the DLC characters so far in Ultimate (Banjo is perfectly fine to play as but most of the excitement comes from it being Banjo). I love the ARMS switch mechanic so much. They really nailed this character as someone who only kinda sorta liked ARMS (tried the free demo a few months ago, wasn't a big fan, but I did main Min Min in that game lol).

Also those K. Rool buffs, good gravy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I finally completed World of Light. Except that I'm missing .33%. I have every fighter(and have figured out why it says 73 awakened), but I'm pretty sure I got every Spirit Battle too. You clearly don't get enough Spheres to max out from it on average(at least on Easy Mode).

Never mind, I got an answer somewhere else.

Still, wow. The Boss went down easily thanks to Madame Butterfly and Bowser combo.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I felt pretty confident in my Min Min and decided to take her online and well..yeah I was pretty swiftly demoralized by people who clearly already understand the character then me. I shouldn't let losses get under my skin but jeeze there's nothing I hate more then losing dittos. It just burns so much worse for some reason. Maybe I'll open an arena tomorrow and play with you guys.

Shroob

Sup?
I just noticed that they changed All Star Smash to move :ulthero: to :ulthero3:'s place in the timeline.

Cute touch

Wish the mode wasn't dog**** to play.

I may be extremely frustrated trying to grind out this 100 KO milestone on my own when I could do this in co-op no problem, but no one to play with.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Got over my tilt and played some more online.

One trick with Min Min I really like is to throw out an a-tilt to bait an opponent to act, then follow it with an angled up Ram Ram tilt to prevent jump ins. IT's an effective trick in neutral and even more effective when ledge trapping. This tactic seems to be pretty popular already so be sure to watch out for other Min Mins trying the same thing.

When you're using the Mega Watt at the ledge opponents can be really temped to ledge jump, since it's harder to cover the air without the Ram Ram. I well timed B-Fair can serve as a hard call out in these situations. At higher percent B-Nair will seem to kill as well, especially with rage.

When playing Min Min, I've noticed I tend to struggle more in neutral against other Min Min players (and other players in general), but am able to make up the deficit with Mega Watt reads at the ledge. I guess that's just the super heavy main inside of me who thrives off ledge kills. Although a part of that is also that I tend to get greedy and go for grab reads and combo starters when it isn't really optimal. I've also got to remember to jump in neutral more as well - Ram Ram is good at covering jumps but it's not perfect.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just noticed that they changed All Star Smash to move :ulthero: to :ulthero3:'s place in the timeline.

Cute touch

Wish the mode wasn't dog**** to play.

I may be extremely frustrated trying to grind out this 100 KO milestone on my own when I could do this in co-op no problem, but no one to play with.
Seriously. Just cut it and re-incorporate the old all-star mode. Who cares if it’s long.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So Min Min's out now right? How is she? It'll probably be at least another day until i'm able to download.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Man, I've come to miss this ****.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I've come to miss this ****.
June felt... wrong without E3.

It also feels like Nintendo is just sitting on a bunch of stuff they probably had planned to show off, but... haven't done anything with it yet. Likewise, Pokemon went out there and just rapid-fired everything they had.

What exactly has said is coming soon? We just got Min Min, we'll probably get another Fighter by September/October(So fall)... and Origami King? Is that it, or am I missing anything else?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
June felt... wrong without E3.

It also feels like Nintendo is just sitting on a bunch of stuff they probably had planned to show off, but... haven't done anything with it yet. Likewise, Pokemon went out there and just rapid-fired everything they had.

What exactly has said is coming soon? We just got Min Min, we'll probably get another Fighter by September/October(So fall)... and Origami King? Is that it, or am I missing anything else?
I find it funny that Sony leaves E3, E3 gets cancelled and then Sony basically said, "Fine, I'll do it myself".

As for Nintendo, Famicom Detective Club Remake... in Japan. Otherwise they're publishing Bravely Default II outside Japan. Beyond that it's just stuff like Metroid and Zelda coming... eventually.

A little concerned given all the hullabaloo about Nintendo being unable to have a Direct in June like usual. They keep saying everything is on track but where is it? Hopefully it's just something similar to Microsoft where their big thing still exists, it's just coming a little later.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tis the last day of June until we enter July.

Its already been half a year. Damn I'm gonna be an old man at this point at the pace time is going...

But more the reason this whole virus **** can soon come to an damn end.

Shroob

Sup?
I find it funny that Sony leaves E3, E3 gets cancelled and then Sony basically said, "Fine, I'll do it myself".

As for Nintendo, Famicom Detective Club Remake... in Japan. Otherwise they're publishing Bravely Default II outside Japan. Beyond that it's just stuff like Metroid and Zelda coming... eventually.

A little concerned given all the hullabaloo about Nintendo being unable to have a Direct in June like usual. They keep saying everything is on track but where is it? Hopefully it's just something similar to Microsoft where their big thing still exists, it's just coming a little later.
I'm cautious to say "July Direct", because I just doubt it.

August seems likely.

I just really feel like there's a fighter coming in September though, so a reveal in August, only to drop them the next month, while obviously not unheard of(Hero), would be a bit shocking. The Amiibo restock, still going on a year and a half, has always lined up with the month of a new character coming out, and the next one's September, so, that's where I'm putting my egg basket.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another character in July is too soon anyways.

People that predicts Geno because 77 and the whole 7 Stars is the same as that March anniversary they predicted. I wouldn't count on the character until September given Amiibo theory which has yet to have been broken.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm cautious to say "July Direct", because I just doubt it.

August seems likely.

I just really feel like there's a fighter coming in September though, so a reveal in August, only to drop them the next month, while obviously not unheard of(Hero), would be a bit shocking. The Amiibo restock, still going on a year and a half, has always lined up with the month of a new character coming out, and the next one's September, so, that's where I'm putting my egg basket.
I don't want to sound spoilt given we just got Min Min but damn were we blessed with E3 last year giving two DLC reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom