• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I really don't get why this attitude seems to be focused on Geno in particular. You don't see people going into the Lloyd Irving thread and saying "Lloyd would be a perfect fit for Smash. ...as a Mii Swordfighter costume, of course" and refusing to listen to any claims that don't support that point of view. Whenever Sora gets brought up as a character that someone wants, you don't see people asking why Sora should even be in Smash, nitpicking every single point that's brought up, and dismissing those points out of hand.

Bringing up the Cacodemon and Mallow Mii hats seems like a guaranteed way to get someone ranting about how the Cacomallow leak is fake, and anyone who believes it (or even thinks that it could possibly be real) is a "delusional moron", and yet other supposed leaks with even less supporting them (like the text leak from 4chan that claimed that a League of Legends character would be added to Smash) aren't met with nearly as much vitriol.

Maybe it's just that the character's popular enough to be seen as "competition" for other characters, given how limited DLC spots are, but I don't recall seeing nearly as much hate directed at Ridley, K. Rool, or even Banjo (who had at least two major competitors from the same company in the form of Steve and Master Chief, both of whom were quite popular, and seemed much less likely than those two despite his history on Nintendo consoles). This sort of attitude seems much more common in the Newcomer Speculation Thread, but I find it strange that it's being directed at Geno of all characters when people are starting to feel optimistic now that we know for sure that spirits can be upgraded.
Because Geno is the low hanging fruit.

I may be a bit of a bully in saying this, but it's fun to poke fun at the thread that gets itself closed whenever someone comes in and has a differing opinion.

Not all Geno fans are like this of course no, but the cult of personality on Smashboards here that takes literal baseless claims from a certain user as the word of god? Yeah, they fun to poke fun at, and if you're gonna reprimand me for it, then you're gonna need to reprimand the entire Newcomer thread as well.

To preface: Geno fans on their own? Fine. Geno fans on Smashboards who cling to the words of a discredited leaker who constantly tells them what they want to hear? I laugh.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
here is something interesting to look at the smash roster
Human: :ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss:
Half Human: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultlink::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Animal: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:
Plant: :ultpiranha::ultivysaur:
Robot: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Other: :ultalph::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
I think we need more plants and robots
got any ideas for them?
For robots, aside from adding more Mega Man characters, 2B, KOS-MOS, the seventh party member from Xenoblade Chronicles (is this even a spoiler any more? I'll be vague regardless), and Fulgore come to mind.

Not as sure about plants, though - you don't get a ton of video games starring plants. Flowey from Undertale, but he isn't exactly in high demand. Maybe someone from Plants vs. Zombies, but I'm not familiar with that series, and they would definitely not be my first choice for an EA character. (that would be Commander Shepard from Mass Effect)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A bunch of DYKG Clips videos just showed up in my subscription despite me not remembering ever subscribing to the channel. This was basically my reaction.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Greninja. Better nerf him. Now laugh.

Lame jokes aside though I doubt we'll see any characters "gutted". Ultimate patches have been really tame. Only Pichu really got close to getting "overnerfed", but it was on the way out anyway.
Olimar got it worse, and that's mostly because all the mechanic changes went against him.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Both Sakura wars 6 and Persona 4 are making me simp for the exact same character archetype
FB_IMG_1592492741917.jpg

So I'm reusing this image.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, anyone getting Min Min today? I can't wait to see how possibly overpowered the ramen girl is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Eh, "overpowered", I'm expecting mid-tier. :nifty:
I only said "possibly overpowered" because of the presentation. She could end up mid-tier, but when Sakurai played as her against Captain Falcon and Kirby (both as CPUs) in the presentation, the results screens showed that she had dealt a really high amount of damage, if I recall correctly.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I only said "possibly overpowered" because of the presentation. She could end up mid-tier, but when Sakurai played as her against Captain Falcon and Kirby (both as CPUs) in the presentation, the results screens showed that she had dealt a really high amount of damage, if I recall correctly.
It's better marketing for the character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unless she got hella combos with her ARMS then I'm just gonna put her in the Byleth tier.

Which is in the Ganon tier.

Which is in the "Only Good 4 Sick Readz" tier.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How likely do you think that will happen? I ask because I don't see her as a combo heavy character.
You can probably get confirms of some kind, but she seems like a character with strong punishes or camping.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Okay so, I just found something really suprising. There's going to be new Sonic Funko POP! figures based on not only Super Tails but Super Silver:

xD Ok, hold up...WHAT.

That's weirdly specific. I mean, I am NOT the biggest fan of Funko Pops...but I would make an exception only because it's Super Silver and I couldn't get the mini figure that goes with Regular Silver. T W T

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The punishing? Maybe. She looks like an edgeguard camp machine.

The camping? Must be a Samus/Sonic main thing. :4pacman:
Yeah, maybe it won't be fun when against her, but when playing as her, she should still be fun to play as...maybe.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Saw this on Serebii. Nevermind the contents, let's take a gander at the tags!
20200629_190549.jpg

No need for clarification; this leak is real. Says so right in the tags. No questions from me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, I've played multiple Zelda games throughout the years. Finally beat my first one, Link's Awakening. Definitely a very good game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think Min Min would feel like the Belmonts, but better. Their biggest issues is terrible vertical coverage, and godawful recovery, both of which Min Min has better. Also, Min Min may be able to pressure shield better if she can move while attacking.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What do you think will be Min Min's internal name in Smash?

Just a recap:
:ultjoker: Jack
:ulthero: Brave
:ultbanjokazooie: Buddy
:ult_terry: Dolly
:ultbyleth: Master

I'm thinking it'll be "Mee" (her internal name in her own game).
Dolly... like a Ken Doll... Because he looks like Ken...
05FCAF11-33BA-41F1-8146-828E9814A265.png

I'm expecting Lloyd's costume to come back alongside Mr Yuri "I'm so popular I was banned from Namco's official popularity contests" lowell.

View attachment 276665

He probably has a higher chance of getting into smash.
Yeah... he probably is more likely then Lloyd. With Tekken out of the picture... yeah, we probably are getting him and Geno

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How did Gamefreak Do this one?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
How did Gamefreak Do this one?
It calls in the Armorite Ore from the Crown Tundra, but since CT isn't out...

Weird, because Gamefreak was actually on a roll recently, glad to know that they had to reminds us that they're GF and will screw up somehow.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have such a love hate relationship with GameFreak lol. They can truly give it their all, and pump out some amazing stuff, like the DLC, but then they screw up on such little things that shouldn't even be an issue, like breaking the Raids.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Smash update is available now!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Gonna take a bit to get use to Min Min's unique mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom