• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So is it a bad time to say that I doubt Geno and Lloyd are coming to Smash outside of Mii Costumes? Mainly because, so far, we haven't gotten a newcomer and a Mii Costume of them at the same time. K. Rool and Inklings got theirs in Smash 4 and they came in Ultimate, and Ultimate seems keen on releasing cut costumes as DLC, which doesn't give me a good feeling about them.

Btw, Ultimate's Mii Costumes should be given flak for making you pay for costumes that were in Smash 4's base game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Got all the skills in the games & lots of AP thanks to leveling down via Expert Mode & fighting in area with lots of ennemies that are easy to take care of...at level 90.

Wonder what to do next.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What do you think will be Min Min's internal name in Smash?

Just a recap:
:ultjoker: Jack
:ulthero: Brave
:ultbanjokazooie: Buddy
:ult_terry: Dolly
:ultbyleth: Master

I'm thinking it'll be "Mee" (her internal name in her own game).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched three episodes of Batman: the Animated Series - Feat of Clay (a two parter about the origin of Clayface) and Joker's Favour (the first appearance of Harley Quinn).

It's kind of crazy how much Harley's changed from her original concept to modern portrayals, and seeing Clayface in these episodes made me want to see what they could do with him in a movie. (obviously, he'd be largely CGI, and he'd likely be a nightmare to make, which is likely why they haven't even tried to include him yet) Lucius Fox had a bigger role in the Clayface episodes than he did before, though he's very different from the Nolan version who is well aware that Bruce Wayne is Batman. (then again, he's part of the Board of Directors here, rather than being the guy who gives Batman his tech)

I think I'm going to play Bug Fables for a bit. I'm planning to stick to Hard Mode for now, and I'm aiming to complete the bestiary at the very least. (100% completion would be ideal, but that depends on how difficult that is)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So is it a bad time to say that I doubt Geno and Lloyd are coming to Smash outside of Mii Costumes? Mainly because, so far, we haven't gotten a newcomer and a Mii Costume of them at the same time. K. Rool and Inklings got theirs in Smash 4 and they came in Ultimate, and Ultimate seems keen on releasing cut costumes as DLC, which doesn't give me a good feeling about them.

Btw, Ultimate's Mii Costumes should be given flak for making you pay for costumes that were in Smash 4's base game.
I'm expecting Lloyd's costume to come back alongside Mr Yuri "I'm so popular I was banned from Namco's official popularity contests" lowell.

7b26f6051c24a0044d74892d6daa15ba.jpg

He probably has a higher chance of getting into smash.

D

Deleted member

Worked on a VR FNAF fangame, where I animated characters crawling through the vents. Sense the lighting is controlled in a way that the legs and never shown, I simply didn’t animate them.

Well, a YTer hacked the game to see the animations in area’s inaccessible without hacks, and got to get a good luck and some completely unanimated legs.

Funniest part is he was too busy going on about, “Woah, this is so creepy!” I don’t think he even realized the legs weren’t moving. lol

Well I’m glad the animation grabbed his attention, I didn’t think anyone would discuss them.

EDIT: Or he was creeped out by the fact that the animation just got called in out of nowhere, super close to him. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
here is something interesting to look at the smash roster
Human: :ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss:
Half Human: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultlink::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Animal: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:
Plant: :ultpiranha::ultivysaur:
Robot: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Other: :ultalph::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
I think we need more plants and robots
got any ideas for them?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We definitely got Eleven as the face of Heros because of promotion but chalking up Dragon Quest getting into Smash entirely to marketing is like saying Banjo was added to promote Xbox in Japan.
I wouldn’t say that’s a fair comparison when DQ took up basically every promotion slot leading to its release. It may have been a good move for the west to put them in smash, but the east didn’t give a damn till Nintendo marketed the hell out of it here.

Banjo’s trailer alone tells us the reason why he’s in because he’s a big name character who was wanted for years. Hence why he followed up K Rools trailer(outside of the obvious rare connection), a character that was said to get in due to ball out demand. Pretty obvious imo that that is why banjo got in.

It’s basically a reverse DQ actually where the character was wanted in the east but had a big impact on the west who didn’t want him as much. At least that’s how I view the situation. Not saying DQ didn’t have merits on its own, but promoting the franchise in the east was very clearly a goal they had with this inclusion even if it’s not the primary one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
here is something interesting to look at the smash roster
Human: :ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss:
Half Human: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultlink::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Animal: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:
Plant: :ultpiranha::ultivysaur:
Robot: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Other: :ultalph::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultdarksamus:
I think we need more plants and robots
got any ideas for them?
I would categorize Kirby, Meta Knight, Ridley, Dark Samus, Alph and Olimar as aliens.

Fox, Falco, Wolf, King Dedede and Mewtwo as half aliens.

Inkling is an tough one, although they and octolings evolved from cephalopods, at the same time they're human-like in appearance. I don't know what I'd list her as...

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So who do you guys think is gonna get gutted this patch?
Greninja. Better nerf him. Now laugh.

Lame jokes aside though I doubt we'll see any characters "gutted". Ultimate patches have been really tame. Only Pichu really got close to getting "overnerfed", but it was on the way out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom