• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really don't wanna imagine 4 more years of Trump tbh. I'll take a senile man compared to this
I mean, I hate politics, but we can either stick with an asshat if a president who can’t stay off Twitter who has accusations of Sexual Assault and racism.

OR get a senile president with just as many accusations of Sexual Assault, suspicions of predatory behavior, and a recent controversial statement of “you ain’t black” which is kind of racist and appropriating in and of itself.

Believe me, I wish there were far better candidates, and I’m probably voting for Bigfoot this year, but this is what we got to deal with so I guess I’m just in it for the ride.

Edit: if would’ve just listened to GEORGE ****ING WASHINGTON’s advice on a party system and took each candidate as their own individual person and didn’t parade Republicans and Democrats around like holy words we probably wouldn’t have such a divide. But democracies tend to only last 250 years and history never repeats itself so why listen to our founding father right?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Eyyyyyy

Anyway, I'm doing ok. Finished a masterfully made movie and also had a big dinner, so I'm feeling content right now.
That's nice. I had some dinner. Wouldn't say it was big, but it was big enough.

Now I'm just letting my mind wander for the time being until I'm ready to sleep.
It's my birthday tomorrow

So uh, yay me
And seeing your profile, it looks like you're hitting the next decade. Congrats, shroobie.

Shroob

Sup?
That's nice. I had some dinner. Wouldn't say it was big, but it was big enough.

Now I'm just letting my mind wander for the time being until I'm ready to sleep.

And seeing your profile, it looks like you're hitting the next decade. Congrats, shroobie.
N-Not yet...I got one good year in me left.....:drsad:

Edit: Wait why does Smashboards already show me as 29?

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Apologies for bringing up politics...It won't happen again I assure.
This has happened before with you, and thus it's become a serious pattern.

Real talk: if you want to actually improve, you need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Talk is cheap, but the walk runs deep.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Trump is an idiot. Why was even he elected to begin with?

People will be even bigger idiots if he gets reelected...-_-
Because half of America didn't vote.
I mean, I hate politics, but we can either stick with an asshat if a president who can’t stay off Twitter who has accusations of Sexual Assault and racism.

OR get a senile president with just as many accusations of Sexual Assault, suspicions of predatory behavior, and a recent controversial statement of “you ain’t black” which is kind of racist and appropriating in and of itself.

Believe me, I wish there were far better candidates, and I’m probably voting for Bigfoot this year, but this is what we got to deal with so I guess I’m just in it for the ride.

Edit: if would’ve just listened to GEORGE ****ING WASHINGTON’s advice on a party system and took each candidate as their own individual person and didn’t parade Republicans and Democrats around like holy words we probably wouldn’t have such a divide. But democracies tend to only last 250 years and history never repeats itself so why listen to our founding father right?
lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gonna say, while I'm just at the start of the game, they are things about XB1 battle system that make it feel less fun to me compared to XB2. To be precise:

1) The "Break < Topple < Daze" combo feel less fun than the "Break < Topple < Launch < Smash" combo.

2) With how much complained about auto-attack being unable to be done while moving in XB2. The auto-attack in XB1 just feel weird to me, like yeah, you can focus on your arts more while still dealing damages & moving, but in XB2, by slighty titling the stick in any direction after the first hit of the auto-attack, you could cancel the animation & start another auto-attack & repeat the same process. Which mean that, if your weapon animation for the first hit was fast, you could chain auto-attack really fast & reload your arts more rapidly than if you just let the full animation play out (try what I described with Rex's Aegis and then try his uncancel auto-attack, you see the difference)

3) The chain attack being able to continue through luck for the most part really stink. Like when you played with XB2 chain attack for a looooooooooong time and know how to make it big, XB1 chain attack just feel weak to me.

Annnd that's all my major problems as of now. Now that said, it is still early in the game. I'm in Gaur Plain to be precise, with just Reyn & Shulk, and I do remember XB2 being also quite frustrating when you had just Rex & Nia & not many blades or options at the very start of the game. So I'm like 85% sure that I will like the battle system more once I get more party members (3 to be precise, since that's where I remember XB2 becoming more manageable) and become more familiar with the battle system & other stuff I'm having problems with. Still tho, those 600~ hours I had on XB2 ain't going to leave my back for some time while I play XB1, and I hope it doesn't ruin the experience, since I'm loving the story, characters & locations.

I guess we will have to see in the future.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This has happened before with you, and thus it's become a serious pattern.

Real talk: if you want to actually improve, you need to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. Talk is cheap, but the walk runs deep.
I mean it hasn't been happening as often, so that's an improvement. Isn't that more then enough?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm debating opening up a Deviant Art or whatever they call it now, I already post on Twitter and Instagram, but I figured I can reach as many people as possible. The only Social Media site I refuse to make an account for is Facebook.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I mean it hasn't been happening as often, so that's an improvement. Isn't that more then enough?
I've seen no change in frequency, but if you actually are going on political rants at the wrong times and places less often, then great. That's great. But if not then I'd urge you to grow in that, and I personally haven't noticed any changes in frequency.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've seen no change in frequency, but if you actually are going on political rants at the wrong times and places less often, then great. That's great. But if not then I'd urge you to grow in that, and I personally haven't noticed any changes in frequency.
Guess could be pass few times I haven't been posting here I guess then, been busy making Lost Tapes synopsis'.

I'm gonna keep trying then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really don't wanna imagine 4 more years of Trump tbh. I'll take a senile man compared to this
I mean Biden’s vp would probably just be a big part of decision making, so yeah they can’t be any get worse than right now, so he’s probably still the better choice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know all this talk is giving more of an idea of said mad man in my Prehistoric Apocalypse Trilogy. Having grown up, reading all about learning about the history of humanity how always fighting over resources, petty squabbles and pointless wars, leading more to his belief that the earth belongs to its original inhabitants.

Thanos doesn't have jack. You thought he was insane think again.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm debating opening up a Deviant Art or whatever they call it now, I already post on Twitter and Instagram, but I figured I can reach as many people as possible. The only Social Media site I refuse to make an account for is Facebook.
If you do go on DA, just be aware that the website now as a new layout who is highly unpopular & really chore to use at time.

Because in our time, website company love to to make their website layout worst than before & force their users to use said new layout, even if they don't like it at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway what’s everyone’s most wanted Galarian form if we see more tomorrow?

Mine is dunsparce with an evolution. It be so good to finally see it get love

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Honestly, most people have began abandoning DA and move to other places like the ones you already post your work on. As of recently, it mostly consist of people ranting about the new "Eclipse" layout, and well, it is actually pretty ****ty and confusing to use, plus a lot of functions are lacking. But, maybe you could try look past that. I myself won't post anything there anytime soon, I had my time there and it started good only to end in outrage, mostly because of the people there, and well, and in between your work, there's going to be a lot more things that are unpleasant to look at.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Tommorow's the last day of online schooling. I got really behind on one of my classes, so I've been working on catching it up all day and it's 12:30 at night and I still have almost two hours of work left and i can't do it tommorow because I still have to finish up every other class
tired steven.PNG
it isn't even hard, it's boring and tedious. I really don't want to have to do this next year.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Twitter and Smashboards are pretty much the only sites I use; small group discords are okay under the right conditions.

I rarely use Facebook at this point and mostly keep it to stay in contact with certain friends/family and to show interest in church events. At this point, if you haven't made an account I wouldn't recommend it.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tommorow's the last day of online schooling. I got really behind on one of my classes, so I've been working on catching it up all day and it's 12:30 at night and I still have almost two hours of work left and i can't do it tommorow because I still have to finish up every other class
View attachment 273469
it isn't even hard, it's boring and tedious. I really don't want to have to do this next year.
I wish you luck with finishing up!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tomorrow is another day.

Let us see if we're lucky and we get an announcement for an Sakurai Presentation, shadow drop or Direct tomorrow. Otherwise we still got another three weeks.

Still suspecting the 16th.

Good night y'all!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I normally avoid Gacha games like the plague. But if MMX Dive hits the US, I might just be on that BS.
Same here. Though I still wonder each day how we got a MMX gacha before a Battle Network gacha or MMO (Protodude rumors aside).

Pokemon Masters is the only gacha/mobile game that's claimed my interest and $ and I hope to keep it that way.

Shroob

Sup?
Same here. Though I still wonder each day how we got a MMX gacha before a Battle Network gacha or MMO (Protodude rumors aside).

Pokemon Masters is the only gacha/mobile game that's claimed my interest and $ and I hope to keep it that way.
Jesus, a .EXE game like that would be bad for my health.

I loved .EXE soo much.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh hey, my copy of Nights is supposed to arrive at my house in the morning.

Why the heck is Sakura wars 6 taking so long.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Thank you Mr. Online Class for taking 2 minutes to explain something that takes 10 seconds. I have all the time in the world to listen to these unskippable videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom