• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just saw what happened with Blizzard and.. All I have to say is looks like Nintendo won't be wanting any Overwatch characters now lmao

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I’d still like a LM game that has Mario as player 2 with a Poltergust working alongside and being led by Luigi.
Or why not Mario, Luigi and Yoshi together! (i wouldn't mind.)

If i made a Luigi's Mansion spin-off, i would have Yoshi exploring different mansions.
Here are my mansion ideas as well the bosses of each one: (Each mansion has 8 Portrait ghosts except for the last., Yoshi must get them all before fighting the boss.)
Peach's Castle (1st Mansion)
Boss: Possessed Peach
----------
Haunted Campground
Boss: Grizzly the Ghost Bear
----------
Ancient Metro

Boss: Phantom Express (possessed subway train)
----------
Silent Garage

Boss: Spiritual Rig (possessed tanker truck)
----------
Freaky Aquarium
Boss: Spookopus (Giant ghostly octopus)
----------
Horror Park
Boss: Freakish Coaster (possessed roller-coaster)
----------
Old Factory
Boss: Monster Claw (gigantic possessed claw thing, srry if that name is not good)
----------
Freezing Cruise

Boss: Transcendental Iceberg (possessed iceberg)
----------
Blackout Museum

Boss: Skullossus (possessed dinosaur skeleton)
----------
Murky Site
Boss: Deathdozer (possessed bulldozer)
----------
Twisted Ruins
Boss: Guardian of the Ruins (possessed cobra statue)
----------
Overgrown
Hydro-plant
Boss: Abyss the Colossal (Giant plant monster with the power to control water)

----------
Bowser's Castle
Boss: Ghostly Giga Bowser
----------

Nightmarish Dimension (Final Mansion.)
Boss: Kthaodri, Destroyer of Worlds. (an eldritch horror from another dimension)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo Shanks vs SonicFox in UFA was pretty sick. Shanks has such a cool team with 18, Gohan and Goku.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What happened with Blizzard? No Overwatch characters? what are you talking about?
They banned a Hearthstone player and rescinded all his prize money for taking part in the Hong Kong protests.

D

Deleted member

What happened with Blizzard? No Overwatch characters? what are you talking about?
Blizzard banned a pro Hearthstone player from competing for a year and also took back his tournament earnings for speaking out in support of the Hong Kong protests. The result is basically everyone is mad at Blizzard in some capacity for siding with China over what many see as a violation of human rights.
As for a Blizzard/Overwatch character in Smash this wouldn't have any effect if it were already planned to happen, but it would also likely catch Nintendo in the controversy depending on how long it stays in conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy long story but to keep it brief:
there's political drama going around China and Hong Kong with political protests and Hong Kong's protests started in June against proposals to allow extradition to mainland China.

Critics feared this could undermine the city's judicial independence and endanger dissidents. A former British colony, Hong Kong has some autonomy and more rights than the mainland under a "one country, two systems" deal.

City leader Carrie Lam agreed to suspend the bill, but demonstrations continued and developed to include demands for full democracy and an inquiry into police actions. The bill was finally withdrawn in September. Clashes between police and activists have been becoming increasingly violent, with police using tear gas and activists storming parliament.

Here's where Blizzard comes in it supports the Chinese Government and it's tyrannical treatment of it's people and how it treats Hong Kong which is proven by them banning and deleting a VOD of a gigantic competitive Hearthstone player advocating for the protests against China as well as banning him from the highest Hearthstone pro division, revoking hundreds of thousands in tournament winnings and firing two Taiwanese casters from the streams.

The Nintendo thing was a joke but I'm sure they'd rather not get involved with that whole political problem so I joked about how Nintendo may not want any Overwatch characters as Blizzard said they could have any they wanted a week or two back.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the Blizzard **** is abhorrent but

I can't help but laugh at people going mental on reddit about this

All the threads talking about how they're unsubscribing from WoW because they don't wanna put their money in the pockets of the CCP

And each and every one of these threads has Reddit Silver/Gold/Platinum in multiples

Which cost money

And reddit is owned by China

Congratulations, you played yourself

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
there's political drama going around China and Hong Kong with political protests and Hong Kong's protests started in June against proposals to allow extradition to mainland China.

Critics feared this could undermine the city's judicial independence and endanger dissidents. A former British colony, Hong Kong has some autonomy and more rights than the mainland under a "one country, two systems" deal.

City leader Carrie Lam agreed to suspend the bill, but demonstrations continued and developed to include demands for full democracy and an inquiry into police actions. The bill was finally withdrawn in September. Clashes between police and activists have been becoming increasingly violent, with police using tear gas and activists storming parliament.

Here's where Blizzard comes in it supports the Chinese Government and it's tyrannical treatment of it's people and how it treats Hong Kong which is proven by them banning and deleting a VOD of a gigantic competitive Hearthstone player advocating for the protests against China as well as banning him from the highest Hearthstone pro division, revoking hundreds of thousands in tournament winnings and firing two Taiwanese casters from the streams.

The Nintendo thing was a joke but I'm sure they'd rather not get involved with that whole political problem so I joked about how Nintendo may not want any Overwatch characters as Blizzard said they could have any they wanted a week or two back.
Blizzard supports oppression? Now you don't see that everyday, considering how progressive and supportive their messages have been through games.

Ethical consumerism at its finest

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the Blizzard **** is abhorrent but

I can't help but laugh at people going mental on reddit about this

All the threads talking about how they're unsubscribing from WoW because they don't wanna put their money in the pockets of the CCP

And each and every one of these threads has Reddit Silver/Gold/Platinum in multiples

Which cost money

And reddit is owned by China

Congratulations, you played yourself
What's funny is that they're not even owned by Tencent/China, they have a 5% stock in reddit which isn't even close to enough to have any real influence on the site. If it was really owned by China all of the post about Hong Kong/Tiananmen/Winnie the Pooh on the front page wouldn't be on the front page.
I agree with the outrage over Blizzard but to call for a boycott on everything that Tencent has minimal shares in from Discord to Ubisoft to again, reddit, is a bit much

Shroob

Sup?
What's funny is that they're not even owned by Tencent/China, they have a 5% stock in reddit which isn't even close to enough to have any real influence on the site. If it was really owned by China all of the post about Hong Kong/Tienanmen/Winnie the Pooh on the front page wouldn't be on the front page.
I agree with the outrage over Blizzard to some extent but to call for a boycott on everything that Tencent has minimal shares in from Discord to Ubisoft to again, reddit, is a bit much
I feel bad for the Devs of the games at Blizz.

I highly doubt any of them want to be tied up in this ****.

This whole thing's a huge PR ****up and they really shouldn't have done this to appease their overlords.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Noipoi Noipoi Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs @Taylor F (sorry if I forget some...my memory isn't the best)

Oh gosh, I think I finally got the Paypal deal resolved (about it forcing me to link a bank account), so I think I can FINALLY get back to hopefully getting commissions since I really need to start saving again. A lot of things have happened to me these past few months, but things are starting to look better. :3 There's currently something regarding the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but I have been recieving therapy, to hopefully keep it under control and be able to keep working. How have you been doing? I haven't checked this place for quite some time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel bad for the Devs of the games at Blizz.

I highly doubt any of them want to be tied up in this ****.

This whole thing's a huge PR ****up and they really shouldn't have done this to appease their overlords.
Apparently there's been internal disputes over how the situation was handled so even the rank-and-file Blizzard employees don't agree with how it. ****, some employees actually covered up the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" plaques around the orc statue outside their campus

Shroob

Sup?

Ivander

Smash Legend
All I honestly hope is that people don't try to forcefully tie the whole Blizzard deal to the developers in general. Like, the whole situation is bad enough, but I'm certain some of the developers are not happy about the situation either and the idea of them being targeted by angry people for something their higher-ups decided to do is pretty damn hurtful.

D

Deleted member

Man I wanted to get excited yesterday for the 8.3 news

I'm not a furry I swear

But all this just left a bad taste in my mouth.
You're not alone, I was planning to get back into it after hearing about all the new 8.3 stuff but I have no plans to now.
I wanna go back to yesterday when the biggest WoW controversy was how ugly Mechagnomes looked.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's put ActiBlizz in hot water aside, I'm not sure how I feel about a complete boycott of the company. There are several thousand employees, of which I'd say almost all of them have no responsbility for what's going down.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know about you but this boycott is literally the perfect timing for my English paper for my final project.

:4jigglypuff: The blessings of chaotic neutral

D

Deleted member

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Thamk yuo for the remember.

Shroob

Sup?
While I see your point, this is technically incorrect. Tencent(which is China's personal "buy a bunch of stocks" sock-puppet company) only invensted around 150m into Reddit's stocks, accounting for around 5% to 10% of the total. Pretty much zero control over Reddit.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/02/08/tencent-invests-social-platform-reddit.aspx
Fair enough, though I still kinda stand by what I said earlier.

Boycott Blizzard? Be my guest.

But don't pull the "I'm not gonna give my money to the CCP!" card when practically everything in the world was either made in or is owned by China, much like all the fancy smartphones they're probably posting on.

The only way to back up that statement is to pretty much go off the grid and become a hermit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough, though I still kinda stand by what I said earlier.

Boycott Blizzard? Be my guest.

But don't pull the "I'm not gonna give my money to the CCP!" card when practically everything in the world was either made in or is owned by China, much like all the fancy smartphones they're probably posting on.

The only way to back up that statement is to pretty much go off the grid and become a hermit.
Ngl this reads like the Matt Bors comic

D

Deleted member

Considering my only form of social media is here and like, 4 or 5 game subreddits, nope, never seen it before.
Same here LMAO. main differience is I tend to frequent a few fandoms(COUGH BF COUGH)

Shroob

Sup?
The best thing to come out of this, and I use best as in "It's terrible but at least it's drawing attention" is that, people now realize "Maybe China... not so good."

D

Deleted member

Also I hate how Winnie the Pooh has basically become synonymous with Xi Jinping now
He's too pure of a bear to deserve this BibleThump
The best thing to come out of this, and I use best as in "It's terrible but at least it's drawing attention" is that, people now realize "Maybe China... not so good."
I mean if it took people this long to realize China's government kinda sucks they haven't been paying very good attention

Shroob

Sup?
Also I hate how Winnie the Pooh has basically become synonymous with Xi Jinping now
He's too pure of a bear to deserve this BibleThump

I mean if it took people this long to realize China's government kinda sucks they haven't been paying very good attention
Considering people just now are even realizing there's protests happening

Yeah, they really haven't

To be fair, considering I myself tend to avoid social media and news like the plague, I didn't even know protests were happening until 2 weeks ago.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yoshi.gif
Skipping Tongue.gif

Some Yoshi gifs i found. (the tongue skipping rope would make an interesting idle animation in a new Yoshi's Island game.)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did no one learn from the last South Park episode that China is kinda of bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom