• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized that Rising Beat could also be a potential Final Smash of Terry's. It's basically Terry's version of Deadly Rave. He finishes the attack with a BUSTAH WOULF too.

Though it might a bit too obscure I guess.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
:3 Hey there! Indeed it has been! :D I have been doing pretty good mostly, not counting a few problems that got in the way of some plans I had in mind, thanks to Paypal and Mexican laws screwing a lot of freelancers over. Still drawing a lot though. What about ya'? :3
Good luck and all.

Right now I'm trying to heal from a cold I got over the weekend. Sickness has left me tired a lot of the time, but I'm improving. I'm currently working on more material with the Undertale fanfic I'm writing with a friend. After a bit of a hiatus, our creative juices are back at it again and we're continuing our comedy-drama story that takes place a few years after the True Pacifist ending. It's gonna be lit, hopefully.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Same dude. If I had the power, I’d do what I can to bring the series back to its former glory.

And he like Steve would have quite a bit to bring to Smash.
Tfw people realize that Color Splash's has actual potential to be really good if they fine tuned the mechanics a bit, so naturally the pull the rug from us and decide to change the style yet again because that went so well the first two times.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tfw people realize that Color Splash's has actual potential to be really good if they fine tuned the mechanics a bit, so naturally the pull the rug from us and decide to change the style yet again because that went so well the first two times.
All they have to do is have the partners and battle system like TTYD, a deep story like SPM, and the art style of Color Splash.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
the art style of Color Splash.
Agreed on the other points but I think I prefer the more storybook approach for Paper Mario’s artstyle than the arts and crafts approach.

I want to create an if not deep, then enjoyable story for my new PM game ideas, but I’m not sure if I’m on the right track.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All they have to do is have the partners and battle system like TTYD, a deep story like SPM, and the art style of Color Splash.
Yes, but that's not happening since they decided to reboot it for the 3rd time after Color Splash was released, which makes me question who is in charge of Paper Mario because who decides to reboot a series 3 times in less than a decade.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, the fact that Smash decided to put in Paper Jam music over more Paper Mario music is a crime.

No disrespect to Yoko in the slightest, but imo, it had the weakest soundtrack when it comes to Mario RPGs.

What I would give just to have more than 2 Paper Mario songs in Smash...
I wouldn’t mind trying to incorporate some ideas from SS and CS that’s had potential into the classic formula though I’m still trying to figure out what’s the best approach I could take with that
One think I really liked was the fact that if you got strong enough, a first strike was able to eliminate weak enemies without wasting BP. I also liked how you can find extra health powerups just by exploring. I also vastly prefer the blocking system in those two games, as they cut damage in half instead of just reducing it by one hit point. I also prefered the larger health and higher damaging attacks, as after a while in TTYD, enemies that do 6 damage really don't matter to a Mario with 130 health.

Also, a bigger inventory. I hated inventory management in the first 3 games do to how small your bag is and how nothing stacks. Granted, nothing stacked in SS and CS, but having to hold 99 cards is far better than like 20 items at max.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I recently sketched out some ideas for my PM game, this very rough sketch is what I came up with when I was trying to work out the design for a new villain:
View attachment 237892

Threatening, isn’t she?

But seriously, do you think this character would have any place in a Paper Mario game?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay, so I just watched the Ok Ko finale.

Aside from this bittersweet feeling in the pit of my stomach I also can't help but wonder whatever happened to Sonic and Tails during all these timeskips.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If he wants to go 100, here are some characters I think would be cool (I also put some characters in silhouette just to make y'all guess). As for the final character for the pass, I think it's Hayabusa:

View attachment 237885
Are two of those silhouettes Elma and Black Shadow...?

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE.

Also is one of the other silhouettes Octoling?

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
But seriously, do you think this character would have any place in a Paper Mario game?
Uh-huh! She's got the artstyle down, plus she's adorable. There's also how much most pre-SS character designs went off the rails in terms of traditional Mario character design. You're on to something, lad/lassie.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Uh-huh! She's got the artstyle down, plus she's adorable. There's also how much most pre-SS character designs went off the rails in terms of traditional Mario character design. You're on to something, lad/lassie.
Thank you! Have you seen my other sketches for my Paper Mario game ideas?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If he wants to go 100, here are some characters I think would be cool (I also put some characters in silhouette just to make y'all guess). As for the final character for the pass, I think it's Hayabusa:

View attachment 237885
looks at silhouette three spaces from Bandana Dee

Could it be?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Good luck and all.
:> Thank you!

Right now I'm trying to heal from a cold I got over the weekend. Sickness has left me tired a lot of the time, but I'm improving. I'm currently working on more material with the Undertale fanfic I'm writing with a friend. After a bit of a hiatus, our creative juices are back at it again and we're continuing our comedy-drama story that takes place a few years after the True Pacifist ending. It's gonna be lit, hopefully.
Oh, I feel you, my friend. I also have been feeling kind of awful, like I am about to get sick too. :D Also, that's GREAT! The time when inspiration and motivation are back is always the best. The best of luck for you and your friend with the project!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 I’m almost done iZombie. Just have the final episode.

I loved the drag queen episode. Liv was looking pretty good lol.
Sad about Liv’s dad. He looked like he was actually gonna turn a new leaf
The ocean’s eleven penultimate episode was pretty great. I can’t wait to watch the finale tomorrow!
Yeah it would hav me been great to see what would have happened if he lived but it’s not shocking they killed him.

The oceans 11 episode easily one of the best the show has done. So many great lines throughout it. The finale is pretty nice, i can’t wait to see your reaction.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
:> Thank you!

Oh, I feel you, my friend. I also have been feeling kind of awful, like I am about to get sick too. :D Also, that's GREAT! The time when inspiration and motivation are back is always the best. The best of luck for you and your friend with the project!
That ain't good. I hope you avoid sickness lol

And for sure. I've missed writing with him. It's fun and it helps us bond closer together. And thank you! We're putting in a lot of effort. We have a critique team and everything of users that are Undertale fans themselves on this board. They've been very helpful as a test audience. I want this story to go against the stereotypical "fanfic fodder" mold. I want it to be special; to be a legit story that stands out... to go against the grain and be impressive; to deny low expectations... that's what I want to see.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
The more I play Banjo & Kazooie, the more I really like playing them.

I just like that they're a unique type of zoners, with a spice of setups.

I usually just use the Grenade as a zoning, and a ledge trap tool to annoy my opponents, which is pretty fun.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
One thing I'm sure of is that characters from 3D fighters are probably not going to get in, mainly because of the sheer difficulty Sakurai has of recreating their moveset faithfully into Smash.

And there's a fighting game character I'm surprised is hardly mentioned who I think is the next fighting game rep that definitely has a good shot and Video Game legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom