• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I don't think I've seen much appreciation for the various character posters during around Sm4sh, they all had distinct artstyles and were a marvel to look upon. A part of me wishes they made more posters for the rest of the newcomers other than Inkling.

For Mega Man's, did you know it actually homages the same consistent style of his home series' cover arts such as Mega Man 7? Mega Man in the center, Bowser at the top representing Dr. Wily, and the 8 other characters being stand-ins for the usual Robot Masters.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't think I've seen much appreciation for the various character posters during around Sm4sh, they all had distinct artstyles and were a marvel to look upon.

For Mega Man's, did you know it actually homages the same consistent style of his home series' cover arts such as Mega Man 7? Mega Man in the center, Bowser at the top representing Dr. Wily, and the 8 other characters being stand-ins for the usual Robot Masters.
I wish they kept doing these for ultimate, but the Inkling poster was the only one...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Random thought I had: What if Carmen Sandiego joins the battle?

Final Smash is stealing the fighters (literally)!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wish they kept doing these for ultimate, but the Inkling poster was the only one...
Now, there was something for Dragon Quest after Hero, where a lot of characters from the series used 3D renders as if they were in Smash, but idk if that pic was old.

Interestingly, Sophia, the female version of Solo was there, but female Erdrick wasn't.

StormC

Smash Hero
We were robbed of a Castlevania poster with the Smash cast drawn by Ayami Kojima.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say guys, though we don't know how much more DLC we're getting, how long do you guys think they'll be making the DLC until they finally finish? One year? Two years?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since nothing bad happened when I shared it on the newcomer thread, I may as well share this screenshot of a Discord post I made yesterday on this thread too.

It is literally a full summary of my life inside the Smash fandom, which happens to take the form of a cycle:
I'm not too into DQ, but I'm glad you got the characters you wanted. And I'm happy as hell we got both Ridley and Dark Samus.

And if people don't like it, well, you know what they say.

Dragon Quest Gang.jpg

Hoes Mad x24

Iridium

Smash Hero
It took me almost an entire day to do it, but I've managed to unlock every character in the base game

Now I can actually enjoy playing some actual matches instead of needlessly running back and forth as Sonic for nearly 30 minutes straight
I tried to do it in a day too, but it took longer for characters to show up. All I went for was a mix between Classic & Vs. Mode the whole time. Ending on Palutena felt a bit anti-climactic tp be honest.

Anyway

Watch this
I call it Miigalovania.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AndreaAC AndreaAC
Been a while. How are you? :)
:3 Hey there! Indeed it has been! :D I have been doing pretty good mostly, not counting a few problems that got in the way of some plans I had in mind, thanks to Paypal and Mexican laws screwing a lot of freelancers over. Still drawing a lot though. What about ya'? :3

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If he wants to go 100, here are some characters I think would be cool (I also put some characters in silhouette just to make y'all guess). As for the final character for the pass, I think it's Hayabusa:

Smash DLC.png

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
We were robbed of a Castlevania poster with the Smash cast drawn by Ayami Kojima.
Zelda, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Metroid or Metal Gear in the amazing art style of Castlevania.....

......someone pay her to do it....all of us will be happy for it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Admit it, you just want your Minecraft girlfriend in Smash.

I’m on to you kid...
No, I just want him in so we can get the Minecraft Cave Noises in Smash.

Imagine Enviromental Noises, but creepy and unsettling.

Zelda, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Metroid or Metal Gear in the amazing art style of Castlevania.....

Ok, but someone else is paying her $10k

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
They’re gonna have to put a lot of work into those Minecraft remixes to make them sound fitting for battle.
There’s actually a handful of really good fan remixes made for Smash, and they honestly make me way more excited for the prospect of Steve when I hear them. Not a huge fan of the idea of Steve in Smash, but man if that nostalgia doesn’t hit me when I hear stuff like this.

Y’know what? **** it. I got Banjo-Kazooie. They ain’t goin anywhere. I support Steve.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ultimate hit 100 characters, we would probably have to double dip into third parties that already got a rep for DLC.

So Steve confirmed.

Haha, I kid.

Unless...
Mega Men Gang.....WE MOVE!

Hype Man X8.jpeg

Yeah, seeing a lot of the other characters in her style would have been cool. Or at least Ganon in place of Dracula or something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I dunno about the game getting 100 characters by the end of the DLC. It would certainly be a selling point to be sure. And there's very few characters I'd outright dislike(Bubsy....and I think that's it.) There's plenty that'd be meh, but just as many that would pretty sick.

At this point, there's like 3 characters I'd really want at some point in the series. A 2nd Blue Bomber, Ryu Hayabusa, and a Mishima from Tekken.

If we're talking first parties, the two I wanted are ATs in this game, so we take those L's. But we get W's for Ridley, D.Samus and Incineroar.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If we're double dipping for DLC, then the only character I would like OVER Steve is Paper Mario.

Sometimes, being a PM fan hurts. A lot.

Edit: double dipping in the Mario series, not Nintendo in general.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If we're double dipping for DLC, then the only character I would like OVER Steve is Paper Mario.

Sometimes, being a PM fan hurts. A lot.

Edit: double dipping in the Mario series, not Nintendo in general.
Same dude. If I had the power, I’d do what I can to bring the series back to its former glory.

And he like Steve would have quite a bit to bring to Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom