• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So, what're the chances they pull another Simon/Terry/Hero incident for character 5? I'm hoping they don't cause part of me wanted to see the Terry reaction before some people were introduced to him via the leak. Also would have made the trailer even more perfect.

I'm hoping character 5 will be able to stay a surprise, but at least Terry wasn't known for literal months like Hero was, and was only leaked a week ahead.

Still waiting for :ult_terry: though. He might be my third character after Mega Man and Ridley.
To be fair though, the only thing that was leaked from the SNK leak was just the copyright, we didn't truly know who the character was. It could've been Kyo given his home series' influnences on the making of Smash, or someone more unexpected like Nakoruru.

Plus, the numerous rumors regarding Dragon Quest in them only stated that "Erdrick" would be playable, not technically "Hero".

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
PushDustin leaked a bit of information about Sakurai’s next column.

So far, it’s about the next round of DLC.
Interesting - so Sakurai restating the 'Nintendo decides the DLC' point, though with any additional DLC that seems even more true

Also interesting point re: collaboration, as that suggests new companies rather than third-parties from existing partners like Capcom, Namco etc.

Not saying they couldn't happen ofc - another Capcom character doesn't seem farfetched - but interesting to see where Sakurai's priorities lie nonetheless

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Warner Bros. uploaded the first 10 minutes of the Detective Pikachu movie on their YouTube channel so if you're on the fence on buying or renting it, this should help.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Sooooooooo cute!
Thanks, I entered. I feel like the only person on the planet who liked that game, so I had to :yoshi:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"nintendo decided the DLC" was also what he said last time and we still got joker, hero, banjo, terry, and **** knows who else

probably doesn't mean much for promo picks, especially since he wants to focus on more "collaborations"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Feeling really deflated if this new Sakurai article means what I think it means.
Wait what did the article say? Im behind on Nintendo news.
Today summer vacations have finished for me.

Later today I will go back to my yoga classes and also start my practices for chinese.
Nice! Sounds fun. Why did you pick Yoga and Chinese as your classes, out of curiosity?
Chilling for a bit until going on with my day and daily routine such as playing with the dogs.
Sounds enjoyable.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why? It’s so vague.
While we obviously need to wait for the full article. What's there does feel like its implying it's still going to be all third party.

Which I don't like at all. I'm a Nintendo fan, I love me Nintendo characters, I play Smash Bros because it's a Nintendo crossover. It shouldn't too much to ask for dlc to include some Nintendo characters :'(

D

Deleted member

Wait what did the article say? Im behind on Nintendo news.

Nice! Sounds fun. Why did you pick Yoga and Chinese as your classes, out of curiosity?

Sounds enjoyable.
Not really.

Chinese and yoga are each at a different place and not connected to one another.

osby

Smash Obsessed
While we obviously need to wait for the full article. What's there does feel like its implying it's still going to be all third party.

Which I don't like at all. I'm a Nintendo fan, I love me Nintendo characters, I play Smash Bros because it's a Nintendo crossover. It shouldn't too much to ask for dlc to include some Nintendo characters :'(
EDIT: Okay, that was rude of me.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I guess I should have gathered that from the name.

I’m kind of the opposite honestly.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

I like the addition of the third parties only because it means it's literally impossible to expect whoever's next. Maybe it's just because I'm not a huge Nintendo fan, but I can't think of a new series to represent in Smash that is solely their own IP that ISN'T in Smash

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude, we already have like sixty Nintendo characters, you are not a victim.
...He's not playing a victim though?

People are allowed to be disappointed. Personally speaking there are only like, two Nintendo characters that I both think have a shot and are characters I actually want, and the rest are third parties, but someone expressing disappointment at a potentially all third party paid DLC line up isn't acting like a victim.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Like Megadoomer Megadoomer the only FE game that might kick your balls routinely on normal mode is Thracia 776. Here's only one of the chapters it makes you put up with.

I realize the difficulty likely isn't as bad as I've built it up to be in my head, but my units tend to die enough in Casual Mode as it is. Seeing as older Fire Emblem games don't have that option, I don't want to permanently lose a powerful unit because random soldier #7 got a lucky critical hit, or constantly be resetting the game because I lost half of my units in one mission, making all future missions virtually impossible.

The calendar isn’t that bad too deal with.

I’d recommend exploring the first week do all the quests and what not. They are usually quick or simple. Some require you to go into battle, so I recommend doing those and paralouges the end of a month before your mission unless you need levels, then do auxiliary battles at some point.

After that, the middle two weeks do whatever you’d like. I usually just use explore and refresh my teams motivations for the lesson the next week.

If you want to focus on other things then you could go and do seminars to boost stats if you wanted as well. Of course that means you won’t have your team at full motivation for the next lesson, but you don’t necessarily need that.

You adjust to it pretty quick and it’s a nice system once you get used to it.
My biggest suggestion would be to talk to all of your students at least once per month via the Explore option.
You can probably beat it with poor or relaxed management on normal. It's not really a difficult game, and it was designed as such that getting Master Classes and such aren't really necessary.

Just relax and play it however you please.
Normal mode should be a swift ride through. Take it from ShinyLegendary who never played a real FE game in his life. Byleth and Edelgard was overleveled and the only map he struggled with was the final map. He did BE.
Thanks! I just get worried when I see that heavy time management is involved because I get flashbacks to Dead Rising 2, which permanently locked me out of story progression for my playthrough because I was moments too late for getting back to the safe place to continue the story. (I was literally right outside of the door that I needed to enter when the timer ran out)

That and, for Fire Emblem Fates, I have trouble with keeping my units' levels up due to the changes in how teaming up works. (unlike Awakening, teaming up units doesn't seem to have them attack alongside each other - they need to be standing right beside each other for that to work, which is much more complicated to set up and renders one of my units unable to directly attack an enemy outside of extremely specific circumstances). Throwing time management on top of that just makes it seem like it's going to make that problem worse, but if it's an easy game, then I'll try not to worry about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding the whole debate about Sakurai’s new column, I’ll just share here my thoughts on regards to it from the newcomer thread:

I am taking everyone, third party or not.

In the end we are still getting more characters, and even if Crash isn’t present I will for sure try to buy each single one of them after seeing how much effort Sakurai had behind the Metroid and Dragon Quest content.

I think it is the best I can do to thank him for all that work.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...He's not playing a victim though?

People are allowed to be disappointed. Personally speaking there are only like, two Nintendo characters that I both think have a shot and are characters I actually want, and the rest are third parties, but someone expressing disappointment at a potentially all third party paid DLC line up isn't acting like a victim.
Hell, if I wanted more Nintendo characters as DLC Id be disappointed too.

But I want layton and he is never happening so Im disappointed all the time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hell, if I wanted more Nintendo characters as DLC Id be disappointed too.

But I want layton and he is never happening so Im disappointed all the time
If it does help somehow, many people online strongly believed that most of my most wanted picks would never happen (more so the DQ8 Hero). And people did awfully sleep a lot on Terry’s chances until the SNK leak happened.

I also feel that Level-5 can still get a rep for the non-pass DLC, more so with Sakurai potentially implying we may get more third party picks.

As someone who really wants Layton and has a father who would also potentially love his addition, I suggest to not lose all hope yet unless Sakurai comes out to say “Layton’s never happening”. Because history has proved many times that the Smash fandom isn’t really completely right with their predictions for a long period.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When it's time for Nintendo/Sakurai to talk about the next batch of DLC fighters, do you want them to reveal all characters from the get go or space them out again like the first Fighters Pass?

D

Deleted member

When it's time for Nintendo/Sakurai to talk about the next batch of DLC fighters, do you want them to reveal all characters from the get go or space them out again like the first Fighters Pass?
I am fine with any of those choices.

I have a strong feeling I will buy all of them anyway.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I think a spaced out announce window like this pass is a good idea. It lets us really speculate and keep coming back to see what's coming up. Comparing it to something like Mortal Kombat which announces all of it's DLC fighters at once and burns out on excitement quickly imo, I prefer a drip feed of info

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Surely.

I love doing excersice and I really want to expand my skills on languages besides spanish and english.
That's really cool.
I'm trying to re-learn Spanish right now. Using an work/exercise book to help me with that and stuff.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If it does help somehow, many people online strongly believed that most of my most wanted picks would never happen (more so the DQ8 Hero). And people did awfully sleep a lot on Terry’s chances until the SNK leak happened.

I also feel that Level-5 can still get a rep for the non-pass DLC, more so with Sakurai potentially implying we may get more third party picks.

As someone who really wants Layton and has a father who would also potentially love his addition, I suggest to not lose all hope yet unless Sakurai comes out to say “Layton’s never happening”. Because history has proved many times that the Smash fandom isn’t really completely right with their predictions for a long period.
Hello. I’m Masahiro Sakurai. From Sora Ltd. Here to announce more DLC for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Without further ado. I’d like to introduce you to... Challenger Two Packs!

Think of them as miniature fighter passes. They won’t release as often. But when they do, both fighters contained within will be available what’s more, the fighters within will share a theme or rivalry from gaming history! Like our first pack, Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton!

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I’m Masahiro Sakurai. From Sora Ltd. Here to announce more DLC for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

Without further ado. I’d like to introduce you to... Challenger Two Packs!

Think of them as miniature fighter passes. They won’t release as often. But when they do, both fighters contained within will be available what’s more, the fighters within will share a theme or rivalry from gaming history! Like our first pack, Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton!
This is such a great idea, I actually really want to see this because the possibilities are endless

osby

Smash Obsessed
What's the point of holding off reveals just to release two fighters at the same time? You'd want each DLC character to have their time under spotlight, not share it with someone else.

Plus, this theme thing limits the character choices for no reason.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Personally, I'd prefer them to reveal it all at once, so I know what I'm getting into.

But from a marketing standpoint, it's better for them to do it one by one to maintain constant interest for the next batch of DLC.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
M'LADS!

MY SWITCH HAS ARRIVED!

IT'S OFFICIAL

I HAVE ULTIMATE NOW, BABY!

I'll make sure to keep y'all updated with my experiences with Ultimate for the next few days. got me alotta characters to unlock.

Oh, and no fighter's pass or Plant just yet. I'll get those at a later date, probs around christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom