• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So I've been watching Ducktales, it's actually really great, which is what I expected, but I'm still impressed. Witty humor and overall good writing. Definitely going to keep watching.

I also started watching Amphibia and boy, I've been laughing way to hard at this. The art is really nice, and the characters are fun. It's actually really good, but I never hear anyone talk about it. Y'all should really check it out.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I've been watching Ducktales, it's actually really great, which is what I expected, but I'm still impressed. Witty humor and overall good writing. Definitely going to keep watching.

I also started watching Amphibia and boy, I've been laughing way to hard at this. The art is really nice, and the characters are fun. It's actually really good, but I never hear anyone talk about it. Y'all should really check it out.
FROG BROTHER

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Just gotta give a shoutout too Zinith Zinith for always being willing to have a belated celebration but never willing to celebrate something on the actual day, because it's "still [day before] in my timezone".
Because you always have to make the announcement at around 9:30 without hesitation :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know

I love how

****ing alien the 90's were.

Ya ever see Ferngully?

The villain song in that movie's pretty damn tame, all things considered.

On the CD version though, he talks about how his plan makes him "Horny".

Man the 90s were weird.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Ya know

I love how

Ya ever see Ferngully?

Man the 90s were weird.
I've heard of the movie, but haven't watched it. Is it good? I might check it out.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Ya know

I love how

Ya ever see Ferngully?

Man the 90s were weird.
Pfft, I don't know what you're talking about...

THIS was only 3 years ago:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ya ever see Ferngully?

Man the 90s were weird.
Ferngully is great. Don't care what anyone else says.

Hexxus is a badass. And yeah, the CD version was...pretty out there. That being said, one can still read some of the lines from "Toxic Love" in... more than one way, even in the film's toned down version of the song. It was weird, but entertaining. It still makes for one hell of a villain song either way. Really cements Hexxus as the powerful monster he is.

Robin Williams voicing a super friendly nervous wreck of a bat with a horrifyingly tragic background was also a nice addition to the film.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday how willing are you to put up with the same ol’ typical environmental messages smacking you over the head for an hour or so?
I'm sure I've endured way worse, so I probably won't mind to much. I mean hey, at worst it's probably only as bad as the "be yourself" message that's been done to death recently, so I could tolerate it.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really love the whole timeline idea from Terry’s trailer.

It’s like a history lesson, that is both fun, and exciting to learn of.

What if there’s a Hanafuda trailer where the timeline looks at the NES (Faking people out by thinking it’s a NES Rep) then it creates a whole new timeline representing the toys, and stuff. Or maybe for Ayumi, it goes to the NES, but then switches to the Famicom, idk

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn't know this was a thing. What did she mean by that?
It’s heavily implied Greg used amethyst to fill the void after rose died and that amethyst had some form of feelings as well. But ultimately it was a unhealthy and toxic relationship that Greg knew needed to end and eventually he did, which that’s part of why he was kind of distant from the gems

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really love the whole timeline idea from Terry’s trailer.

It’s like a history lesson, that is both fun, and exciting to learn of.

What if there’s a Hanafuda trailer where the timeline looks at the NES (Faking people out by thinking it’s a NES Rep) then it creates a whole new timeline representing the toys, and stuff. Or maybe for Ayumi, it goes to the NES, but then switches to the Famicom, idk

The trailer opens with a television screen showing off all of the stuff that Nintendo made, like the Ultra Hand, Love Hotels, probably the Ten Billion Barrel, as the trailer goes on, the timeline that’s transparent slowly moves the camera upwards until it stops at the end of the timeline at something silhouetted, and the TV turns off.

The camera opens up to show The smash envelop laying on a wooden table, a bit dusty and tired. A sound of a person walking towards it appears, and we can only see his shadow over the envelope.

As he picks it up, and speaks some random quote, the camera slowly moves upwards to reveal a man looking similar to that of Napoleon (Like the cover of the hanafuda cards), and then they reveal his face. The camera zooms oUT, he strikes some pose, and the title says.

“HANAFUDA GAMBLES ON!”

Then the Smash Ultimate logo shows, then having a “Smash Ultimate X (the logo you probably see on the box of the old hanafuda cards).

Then the trailer ends.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yup,

As for your ness, it’s pretty good. I was doing decent with banjo, but not good enough.

My main characters I use are rob, piranha plant, Lucas, and ridley the most.

Which is why I switched to Lucas. He did well against ness and I needed someone floaty.

Your ness kept me on my guard. The only critique I would give is you lean too much into pk fire sometimes. Which became easy to predict and counter for the most part.

Your pk thunder and air game are pretty good though. Overall your ness is a really solid one and they were fun matches, gg!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also voted on that one thing. I'm expecting no one else to vote Mega Man X, so someone HAS to. And he's honestly hype so of course I'm throwing my hat in. I put Ryu Hayabusa as my most likely putting anyone on there seems fairly confident in guessing. Which eh, I haven't outright guess anyone correctly. Closest I did was saying "Terry would be pretty cool, but I think Jin/Heihachi would make more sense / IF SNK got a character it's gotta be Terry." and "Banjo would be neat, but I dunno if Microsoft would allow it, Fulgore would be better though."

Least favorite is Bubsy because **** that ***** and his lame games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom