• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I’m watching Infinity War, and it just hit me that Thanos is like a darth vader tier villain now.

Like, he’s gonna be quoted and referenced in pop culture for decades to come.
20 years into the future the MCU will be struggling and they'll bring back Thanos as nostalgia bait

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok, but you want to know what's REALLY weird about the whole Mario Texture Pack thing?

Dark Bones and Lava Piranha are still in the game. Wither Skeletons are replaced by Dark Bones from TTYD, and the Wither is Lava Piranha from Paper Mario

So I don't get cutting Midbus and Hooktail.
Probably because those are variants of main-series enemies, while Midbus and Hooktail are RPG only.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Found this on my Facebook feed.

F9FF7937-9CE2-42AE-A2F8-FE2B8E375198.png

Now I want to see a gritty Kirby movie where waddle dees are actually kirby’s that Dedede has mutilated with these masks and forced into servitude.

Also. This
87D91ED6-3DCD-4580-AFAC-858F45A771EF.jpeg

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
This thread is empty today
Just gonna leave this good picture here
FBE038AF-5751-4D64-B90F-798B52B37895.jpeg

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well this stinks they got rid of their tag line

Probably makes sense why they did
Nintendon't play around with this ****. :chuckle:

But yeah, I think it stinks because it's a matter of history--you're waiting for it, waiting for it, and it doesn't happen. Anticlimactic, even though you understand the politics of why they didn't go there. Just doesn't make sense to emulate the commercial when they couldn't faithfully adapt it--should have just went a different direction with the marketing to avoid the issue all together.

MainJPW

M.T.A
If that's really the case, I think Roshi and Kefla should be in there since people asked for it.

People would be mad at another Goku. But MUI Goku as an unplayable boss would be kind of clean. Otherwise, I'd hope for Dabura or Pikkon or Uub I guess.
Pikkon and Dabra? good picks. I wouldn't mind MUI but I've heard SSBE brought up and I think that would fit better as an install. It's really not that unique.
Maybe something more akin to Tien and Chiaotzu? Where Dabura does most of the work, but Babadi steps in for some attacks, like his barrier he does a lot, kinda how Chiaotzu steps in for his long-range grab and suicide kills.
I don't actually mind this idea. The barrier makes sense. Magic Slime Hajyu is another ability he could use:

And if you ask me, Chiaotzu should still be able to help Tien's Dodon Ray in some way, I mean, he did use it a lot against Krillin in their fight.
Like in Supersonic Warriors 2?

If it were up to me I would just have him be playable. I'm of the same opinion as this Kotaku article.

https://kotaku.com/theres-a-chiaotzu-sized-hole-in-dragon-ball-fighterzs-r-1822268453

Plenty of techniques like Dodonpa which he spams in character, the Super Dodonpa which is actually exclusive to him:

His Telekinesis projectiles, Psychic/Paralysis abilities and Drill Attack. Perhaps even have his TK stop some projectiles dead in their tracks:

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Pikkon and Dabra? good picks. I wouldn't mind MUI but I've heard SSBE brought up and I think that would fit better as an install. It's really not that unique.

I don't actually mind this idea. The barrier makes sense. Magic Slime Hajyu is another ability he could use:

Like in Supersonic Warriors 2?

If it were up to me I would just have him be playable. I'm of the same opinion as this Kotaku article.

https://kotaku.com/theres-a-chiaotzu-sized-hole-in-dragon-ball-fighterzs-r-1822268453

Plenty of techniques like Dodonpa which he spams in character, the Super Dodonpa which is actually exclusive to him:

His Telekinesis projectiles, Psychic/Paralysis abilities and Drill Attack. Perhaps even have his TK stop some projectiles dead in their tracks:

I always did like Chiaotzu, shame he ended up becoming so irrelevant in the show. I think it’s good they atleast gave him some sort of role in dbfz, most games now just leave him out completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom