• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What’s the point if people don’t like it.
Do I want people to like my art? Yes, of course I do. I want nothing more. It’d make me extremely happy, it’d validate everything I’ve worked for and have yet to work for still. It would give my life purpose.

But that’s not the point. The point is that I’ve got stories I want to tell. And after that, no matter how much I obviously want to succeed, it’s out of my hands. After that it’s up to the audience.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

If people like the movie or show you make, then you’ve touched their lives and influenced the world.

If people hate it then balding men on the internet make videos about how much they wish you were dead.
Oh come on. If it does end up sucking, you just gotta learn from it and use what people didn't like about it to make better films next time. It's called learning from your mistakes for a reason. It won't mean you will be viewed as a bad person.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh come on. If it does end up sucking, you just gotta learn from it and use what people didn't like about it to make better films next time. It's called learning from your mistakes for a reason. It won't mean you will be viewed as a bad person.
The guy who made Fanboy and Chum Chum is coming out with another show that looks legit good.

So yeah, you can learn from mistakes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

If people like the movie or show you make, then you’ve touched their lives and influenced the world.

If people hate it then balding men on the internet make videos about how much they wish you were dead.
Have you seen James Gunn's work prior to Guardians of the Galaxy? Yikes. Not exactly an industry defining man, was he?

But it took some time, and now he's pretty much lauded everywhere :yoshi:

naedenac

Smash Rookie
Some art gets liked and changes the world. Some art gets hated and changes the world. Some art will not change the world whether liked or hated. It’s hard to strike a balance between doing what you like versus doing the stuff that expands your horizons. Art ain’t always easy

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Some art gets liked and changes the world. Some art gets hated and changes the world. Some art will not change the world whether liked or hated. It’s hard to strike a balance between doing what you like versus doing the stuff that expands your horizons. Art ain’t always easy
Inspiring stuff from...... um.... wait, who are you?

Um, okay, welcome to SB :yoshi:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If people hate your product and it doesn’t make money, what studio would let you make another? You’re not profitable.
Not really. You just have to keep trying. If you give up, it is all over. You can't just stop with one work of art that turns out bad.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
It’s also worth noting that no art is universally loved or hated. There’s an audience to be found for almost any piece of art.

Example: Michael Bay is either a talentless hack or an instant reason to buy tickets for the whole family depending on who you talk to.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If people don’t like your product you don’t get to try again. Ever.
Did...

Did you miss what I said about the fanboy and chum chum guy?

People are excited for his new show, they think it looks great! Despite the fact that his last show was hated!

You have a very one track point of view.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My name is 20 year old Window Blinds, although I’m closer to 30
Welcome to Smashboards

Sometimes it’s funny, sometimes it’s boring, sometimes it’s a war zone. Sometimes that all happens in the same day.

Buckle up.

And uh howdy or somethin...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hey, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , if I might ask, what's the current AMA queue?

The original post that's linked in every semi-weekly AMA thread hasn't been updated in over a month, so I can't tell from that.
the current list is as follows, though there are a few people who aren't on the site or active anymore still in it
Schnee117
Just a penguin
ClaTheBae
Good Guy Giygas
Onereasonanddone
7NATOR
Chucklehead Tom
Ahm Skittish!
Ultomato
Bolderousness
PsySmasher
Wyoming
alek poster
Shroob
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
Mr. Trumo
Luigi The President
Hat N' Clogs
DarkAuraful
Ura
Iridium
redfeatherraven
BlueMonk
Opossum
Cutie Gwen
Sari
Erureido
Wunderwaft
Galaxy Queen Rosalina
UtopianPoyzin
Krysco
Taylor F
Venus of the Desert Bloom
EricTheGamerman
KingofPhantoms
Brindor
GothFluttershy
Xelrog

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
the current list is as follows, though there are a few people who aren't on the site or active anymore still in it
Schnee117
Just a penguin
ClaTheBae
Good Guy Giygas
Onereasonanddone
7NATOR
Chucklehead Tom
Ahm Skittish!
Ultomato
Bolderousness
PsySmasher
Wyoming
alek poster
Shroob
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
Mr. Trumo
Luigi The President
Hat N' Clogs
DarkAuraful
Ura
Iridium
redfeatherraven
BlueMonk
Opossum
Cutie Gwen
Sari
Erureido
Wunderwaft
Galaxy Queen Rosalina
UtopianPoyzin
Krysco
Taylor F
Venus of the Desert Bloom
EricTheGamerman
Roguewolf
KingofPhantoms
Brindor
GothFluttershy
Ah, thanks!

Yeah, looks like it'll be a while...My time will come. Someday.

Witching hour is now over.

No ghost.
"Fades away into dust as though Thanos snapped his fingers again except in this case it's not permanent and I'll be back by midnight tomorrow again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom