• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh, so after starting off with a co-op lobby and then playing some on my own, Marvel Ultimate Alliance is super good, for anybody considering picking it up.

It’s got a lot of replayability to it as well, so if the concern is that you’ll not be playing it again after you beat it, it’ll prove you wrong pretty quick.

Tons of fun, and I totally recommend it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Somehow, the recent increase in temperature is ruining my ability to sleep too. Guess I'll be lurking now.

I've been on less than 8 hours a night for some time...
I'm still getting my head around this game :yoshi:
Smash? Anything in particular?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hey, remember Project Wonderful, that ad service that all the webcomics had before it shut down? Well there's now a new service up called Comicad Network that's similar but focuses exclusively on Webcomics so there's no strange junk ads.

Used it a few days and already it's working great even at this early stage.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've been thinking about maining Pikachu instead of Kirby in SSB. I was planning to use the blue party hat alt, but then when I play SSBU I'd be so tempted to use the Pikachu Libre alt. Dang.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't have that game, but I'm watching Maximilian dood stream it in another window. Dunno how I feel about it.
I’m not that interested in it either. Sure, it’s an action RPG and not turn-based, but it also feels kind of safe in terms of story and roster (with a couple characters that SHOULD have been playable relegated to NPCs, thanks Wikipedia). I don’t know. It just doesn’t look interesting.

D

Deleted member

(with a couple characters that SHOULD have been playable relegated to NPCs, thanks Wikipedia).
At Comic Con they confirmed that some NPCs will become playable through free updates.

The first will be Cyclops and Colossus on August 30th

28D27D52-4CBC-47F6-9E2F-0BC50A7CA114.jpeg

osby

Smash Obsessed
At Comic Con they confirmed that some NPCs will become playable through free updates.

The first will be Cyclops and Colossus on August 30th
Here's hoping for Vision, Jessica Jones, Beast and Ant-Man also gets the same treatment.

(Also it'd be great if we have the option to pick Cyclops's new design instead of outdated 90s one)

D

Deleted member

Here's hoping for Vision, Jessica Jones, Beast and Ant-Man also gets the same treatment.

(Also it'd be great if we have the option to pick Cyclops's new design instead of outdated 90s one)
Nova would also be cool to see as part of these updates.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nova would also be cool to see as part of these updates.
I guess so, but I'm only familiar with Sam Alexander, not Richard Rider.

In general, the game use a couple of more young heroes. There are only three and two of them are spider people.

D

Deleted member

I guess so, but I'm only familiar with Sam Alexander, not Richard Rider.

In general, the game use a couple of more young heroes. There are only three and two of them are spider people.
Yeah, more younger heroes could have worked too.

Hopefully with the indirect confirmation of alternate costumes through the Season Pass Bonus Costume for Deadpool we can get to see Sam Alexander as an alternate costume for Nova similar to how it was in MvC3

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, more younger heroes could have worked too.

Hopefully with the indirect confirmation of alternate costumes through the Season Pass Bonus Costume for Deadpool we can get to see Sam Alexander as an alternate costume for Nova similar to how it was in MvC3
You know what UA3 makes me think the most? God I want a new DC Heroes game that’s not LEGO or Injustice. I don’t want those series to stop, I love them to death. But I want something new. (I still think a Justice League Warriors game would be amazing)

D

Deleted member

You know what UA3 makes me think the most? God I want a new DC Heroes game that’s not LEGO or Injustice. I don’t want those series to stop, I love them to death. But I want something new. (I still think a Justice League Warriors game would be amazing)
Justice League Warriors would be neat, yeah.

And with Koei Tecmo being behind UA3, maybe they could make a DC Heroes potentially as good as UA3.

D

Deleted member

POPULAR VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE WITH QUALITY CONTENT
- Comment section has a bunch of memes that aren’t funny.
- No one gives their thoughts on the video itself.

UNPOPULAR VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE WITH LOW QUALITY
- Comments saying the video is amazing.
- Little to no memes.

This doesn’t apply to every single video ever, but it applies to a lot of them I see, and it’s very confusing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

- Little to no memes.

This doesn’t apply to every single video ever, but it applies to a lot of them I see, and it’s very confusing.
Popularity invites jokesters and haters. When you get popular, people on the internet feel the need to tear you down.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I already liked the MUA and XML games, so I'll likely still enjoy MUA3, I think the roster for the game is pretty good for what it is. A bit disappointing that Ant-Man's one of the few that got sandbagged when Wasp is in, but other than that, starting roster is clean enough.

- Little to no memes.

If it's popular, the comments will get noticed, so the need to grab attention with memes skyrockets. If it's not hugely popular, the comments stay honest at least.

D

Deleted member

Popularity invites jokesters and haters. When you get popular, people on the internet feel the need to tear you down.
That's true. Although I kinda feel like some of them don't deserve their popularity. Like 'reaction video' people. None of them are legitimate reactions; they're over the top screaming and antics. It looks ridiculous and yet they're 'popular'; I don't understand how in the slightest lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's true. Although I kinda feel like some of them don't deserve their popularity. Like 'reaction video' people. None of them are legitimate reactions; they're over the top screaming and antics. It looks ridiculous and yet they're 'popular'; I don't understand how in the slightest lol.
The one good reactor is Ris Grestar and he only reacts to episodes of Death Battle. He has permission from Death Battle to do so, and he watches and reacts like a person and not a Seth MacFarlane cartoon. He takes note of information, he makes connections, he tries to predict. It’s reaction! Why can’t more people do content like that?

Not to mention the “reaction community” is one of the three spawn points of hatred and bigotry on the YouTube platform.

D

Deleted member

No, not haters, just people memeing. They enjoy the content, but instead if expressing that they make memes.
I already liked the MUA and XML games, so I'll likely still enjoy MUA3, I think the roster for the game is pretty good for what it is. A bit disappointing that Ant-Man's one of the few that got sandbagged when Wasp is in, but other than that, starting roster is clean enough.

If it's popular, the comments will get noticed, so the need to grab attention with memes skyrockets. If it's not hugely popular, the comments stay honest at least.
True, true.

I mean, once, I left a comment stating why I liked the video in detail and urging the creator to continue that sort of content, and two meme comments got more likes that that.
lol exacty

If it’s a “reaction” channel people want your honest reactions. Not you fake screaming because screaming = views, and views = mulah.

D

Deleted member

Reaction videos should just be a side thing on your channel for stuff you are excited or looking forward to.

Not the main point of the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom