• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Especially when you remember he kinda resembles a certain character in particular
View attachment 230880
And assuming the place Galar's based on, it makes too much sense
Looker is a time lord confirmed.
The 10th Doctor is also my favorite doctor. Honorable mentions are 2/Patrick Troughton and 12/Peter Capaldi.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Saltybet has a character named Goku El Dios excelente
Noipoi Noipoi Honestly just ignore (as in don't read, not the ignore feature) the arguments. I'm getting a bit tired of them too, and it was started intentionally today by a single user
yeah, just ignore them like I ignore people that call Animal Crossing boring or AC fan annoying but imo dont ignore the legit and repectful people. they did nothing wrong and you dont need to take your anger out on them

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Swear to God, I need a life.

I get virtually zero social interaction in my pitiful existence, so when I found a forum filled with people who seemed to like me I latched on to it.

In the process it seems I’d forgotten that this is the Internet. And people on the internet live to recycle the same tired arguments over and over, something I personally cannot stand. It annoys me to no end. No one’s changing their mind, everyone’s just shouting at each other. I get enough of that **** at home, don’t need it here.

I eagerly await the day I get to make some real friends.

I miss physical contact.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

I get virtually zero social interaction in my pitiful existence, so when I found a forum filled with people who seemed to like me I latched on to it.

In the process it seems I’d forgotten that this is the Internet. And people on the internet live to recycle the same tired arguments over and over, something I personally cannot stand. It annoys me to no end. No one’s changing their mind, everyone’s just shouting at each other. I get enough of that **** at home, don’t need it here.

I miss physical contact.
While I do hope you get some physical content and friends, keep in mind that this entire argument was started by someone looking to intentionally rile things up. It wasn't a natural one.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Question do you guys mostly use phyiscal or digital because I am
And I hate my self for this
I buy stuff digitally

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I buy stuff digitally
been digital since 3DS, staying digital through switch.

less clutter
dont lose my games
can redownload them for free
oh, did I mention I dont have to get off my ass to change games? Because i dont have to get off my ass the change games

"But you dont actually own the game" I repectfully disagree

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I miss physical contact.
Physical contact with folks is good, so can’t disagree there. But I will say, I’ve met some awesome people on the internet. They have similar interests to me, and over time it’s gotten easier and easier to talk about personal things with them.

I mean hey, I’ll be honest. Sometimes hanging out with people is draining. There have been times were I’ve told my gf, “Hey, let’s have people over!”, and then I completely regret doing anything because i’m exhausted afterwards.

We need human contact though. So I would think about if there are any places you can go where you can meet people with similar interests. That would be a decent start.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Physical contact with folks is good, so can’t disagree there. But I will say, I’ve met some awesome people on the internet. They have similar interests to me, and over time it’s gotten easier and easier to talk about personal things with them.

I mean hey, I’ll be honest. Sometimes hanging out with people is draining. There have been times were I’ve told my gf, “Hey, let’s have people over!”, and then I completely regret doing anything because i’m exhausted afterwards.

We need human contact though. So I would think about if there are any places you can go where you can meet people with similar interests. That would be a decent start.
What I need is a balance

Real people I can be with in the actual world

And people I can talk **** with on a message board

Right now I only have one and I don’t think it’s very healthy

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
In the process it seems I’d forgotten that this is the Internet. And people on the internet live to recycle the same tired arguments over and over, something I personally cannot stand.
It's important to understand that some users haven't really voiced their opinion yet. I hadn't voiced my thoughts on the usage of old animations yet, hence why I am now. No one is trying to intentionally upset you except for one person.

I buy stuff digitally
It depends on the game.

What I need is a balance

Honestly I would give my advice, but I have no friends.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kind of understand Noipoi’s frustration regarding the whole Pokémon debacle.

As someone who had to deal with some groups who also seemed to love the thing about being mind-locked with certain stuff everyday and annoying others who disagree... I can easily imagine how sick he would be.
Noipoi needs what I was searching for a long time: a change of tune and pace. He is sick of reading the same stuff every single day without anything else worth to do. He needs to look or start talks about different things, things that aren’t normally commented around him.
And it saddens me to see this happening around a huge franchise such as Pokémon, where you would think that the fandom would have a lot of things to talk about from the loads of games in the series... instead of just locking themselves into one or two topics for months.

Honestly Noipoi, just take some holidays from the Pokémon fandom and let them beat themselves up over a game while you try some different stuff in the meantime. I would suggest the close-to-release DQB2 and UA3 at the moment. The former is a pretty chill game that could give you some calm during your sessions, and the latter is cool Marvel-fan servive with beloved characters and attractive gameplay. You will surely have a neat time with those at the moment. You should also comment on those games while you progress through them, just to motivate other people here to talk about them too and talk about different things.
I’m for sure gonna try to do so, and hopefully I manage to pull those out for the people such as you.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chimera Ant arc has been some real heat right now. Still not finished with it yet, but I'm at the part where Morel's fighting the Lion guy.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
It's important to understand that some users haven't really voiced their opinion yet. I hadn't voiced my thoughts on the usage of old animations yet, hence why I am now. No one is trying to intentionally upset you except for one person.

It depends on the game.
Just to tell you smash ultimate has ****** my space on the switch

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
What I need is a balance

I've only got one good friend IRL too. I think of it as a quality over quantity sort of thing.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I buy stuff digitally
Buying stuff digitally is fine. It saves physical space within your living quarters, so it's practical and convenient.
Not worth hating yourself over, really.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know gaming is an important hobby for a lot of us, but looking at all these Pokemon drama, I think it's a good time to remember it's just a game at the end of the day.

You either like it and buy it or don't. It's not complicated.

D

Deleted member

I know gaming is an important hobby for a lot of us, but looking at all these Pokemon drama, I think it's a good time to remember it's just a game at the end of the day.

You nailed it my dear Osby.

This isn’t the fate of the world.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112

Keep in mind
If you tell the toxic side of the pokemon community aka the animation national dex community they will come out in an all out attacking bash your *** for telling them to stop harrasing the devs

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Keep in mind
If you tell the toxic side of the pokemon community aka the animation national dex community they will come out in an all out attacking bash your *** for telling them to stop harrasing the devs
Complaining about the actions of a multi-billion dollar company is toxic now? Yeesh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y’know when it comes down to it I’m not even mad at you.

I’m mad at me for allowing myself to get to his sorry state. I truly am pathetic.

Anyway let’s talk about video games.

HERO: IS HE DROPPING THIS WEEK OR NAH?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Keep in mind
I can't see this behavior helping, but OK.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Complaining about the actions of a multi-billion dollar company is toxic now? Yeesh.
They are doing it in a way aka spamming the whole twitter even sometimes when pokemon goes offtopic
And harrasing the developers
Correct me if I am wrong

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I buy stuff digitally
I tend to buy stuff physically whenever it's an option. It's probably not the best decision (my DVD shelves are getting ridiculous, and at some point, I probably won't have access to anything that can play DVDs once they go the way of VHS tapes), but I find that I'm more likely to play, replay, watch, or rewatch something if I see it on my shelves and think "I haven't played that in a while". With downloads, it tends to get lost among the sheer volume of content - I don't know if I'll ever get through all of my Steam library.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I’m mad at me for allowing myself to get to his sorry state. I truly am pathetic.

Nah, it's not been that much since their announcement.

Though I hope there'll be more buzz around them when they come out, it kinda sucks the more interesting reveal got drown out.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
I tend to buy stuff physically whenever it's an option. It's probably not the best decision (my DVD shelves are getting ridiculous, and at some point, I probably won't have access to anything that can play DVDs once they go the way of VHS tapes), but I find that I'm more likely to play, replay, watch, or rewatch something if I see it on my shelves and think "I haven't played that in a while". With downloads, it tends to get lost among the sheer volume of content - I don't know if I'll ever get through all of my Steam library.
Dvds are mostly good for physicals just like how steam is mostly good with digital since they do help you out making your account not limited

I need the hero he looks fun

D

Deleted member

Mind PMing an admin on this one? I remember this being super bad a few months ago too, but this is the first I've heard of it recently.

I'd pm myself but my work pc is weird about uploading images.

Noipoi Noipoi Honestly just ignore (as in don't read, not the ignore feature) the arguments. I'm getting a bit tired of them too, and it was started intentionally today by a single user. I'm keeping an eye on that, when I can.
I contacted a mod about that a while back, and they were just like, “Oh, uh, buy an ad-blocker.”

What I need is a balance

real talk

I think it’s good you realize that, and it’s good you want to fix it. I’m no social wizard myself, but I think you should totally spend some time thinking how you can solve this issue. If you can’t come up with anything, maybe just get it a shot. I’m not saying go out and say hey to everyone person on the street, but maybe go to a mall and do some browsing at stores and whatnot. Social interaction is far from easy, and truthfully can be pretty scary, but it’s totally do-able.

The thing about the internet, as if it wasn’t obvious enough, is that anyone can say anything. You can, with little to no effort, hide behind a silly online name and say some stupid crap, and that can effect a lot of people, but it’s also good to know there genuinely are good people on the internet. Of course, a good balance between internet and IRL is always good.

Again, I’m no social wizard, but I hope this helps, at least a little be. Your a great guy, Noi. Stay strong. :)

D

Deleted member

I hope so.

I want to try him with my friend before I leave Madrid.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah, it's not been that much since their announcement.

Though I hope there'll be more buzz around them when they come out, it kinda sucks the more interesting reveal got drown out.
Okay I know this is all subjective

But he was absolutely in no way interesting to me dude, Banjo saved the smash portion of the direct for me.

D

Deleted member

I don’t mind the wait, as much as I would love to try him with my friend from Madrid.

But knowing that Eight/Guv is finally entering Smash alongside Samus is all I need to know at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Okay I know this is all subjective

But he was absolutely in no way interesting to me dude, Banjo saved the smash portion of the direct for me.
I have 0 respect for Hero.

Except the amount of hair gel he uses. Only a real man has the courage to do his hair like that every single morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom