• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I watch reaction videos to see what people think of a topic, not to listen to loud, screaming men. While some of those reactions are legitimate, it can still be annoying at times.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
No, not haters, just people memeing. They enjoy the content, but instead if expressing that they make memes.
I think when something's popular, people think there's less need for those really positive comments. If something's getting a ton of views and likes, usually that would imply that the people watching enjoy the content. When something isn't as popular people are going to feel more of a compulsion to let the creator know that the content is good and appreciated, since they want to see more of that content and the creator wouldn't be able to see that positive reinforcement from views and likes.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Right wing philosophers and toy unboxing comment section.
I'd argue pretty much any YouTube comment section is bound to have some nasty people, tbh. I wouldn't limit it to just the toy unboxings.

Kinda wish YouTube did a better job moderating that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, memes in the comments don’t have to come with bad connotations most of the time.

I feel this mostly as someone who follows Siivagunner and is used to seeing comment sections featuring memes regarding the video or past ones mixed with positivity about the remix itself.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Almost every comment section I see seems to be positive reinforcement. Thing is that makes it a bit hard for constructive criticism to be seen, which seems to be a pretty big issue. I don’t get too many comments on my videos, but I’d love for some constructive criticism, and I wouldn’t be surprised if other content creators feel the same way. I assume that that’s something that only bothers me, though.

D

Deleted member

The toy unboxing comments is where the pedophiles hang out
That’s only if you check the ones featured on many Pyrocynical or Idubbz video.

Because other kinds of toy/figure review channels such as Just2Good, Jangbricks or Shartimus Prime do feature better kinds of people.

Almost every comment section I see seems to be positive reinforcement. Thing is that makes it a bit hard for constructive criticism to be seen, which seems to be a pretty big issue. I don’t get too many comments on my videos, but I’d love for some constructive criticism, and I wouldn’t be surprised if other content creators feel the same way. I assume that that’s something that only bothers me, though.
I’ve seen a good amount of constructive criticism from time to time on Youtube comments, tbh.

In fact, the channels I mentioned do have comments of that regard from time to time, although on a peaceful tone.

D

Deleted member

I think when something's popular, people think there's less need for those really positive comments. If something's getting a ton of views and likes, usually that would imply that the people watching enjoy the content. When something isn't as popular people are going to feel more of a compulsion to let the creator know that the content is good and appreciated, since they want to see more of that content and the creator wouldn't be able to see that positive reinforcement from views and likes.
True, true. Thanks for bringing that up.

I still feelmthe comments would be appreciated though, as viewers can actually specifically state what they like and dislike. That, and the meme comments get rather excessive.

D

Deleted member

I still feelmthe comments would be appreciated though, as viewers can actually specifically state what they like and dislike. That, and the meme comments get rather excessive.
I’ve seen many of those comments on channels such as Nitro Rad’s, ngl.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I feel like it's just that those comments tend to get buried, people are probably more likely to like a humorous comment over a wholesome one. Also, as a youtuber becomes more popular, they're going to build up more of a fanbase and have people who comment on every video. Those sorts of people probably aren't going to be commenting positive reinforcement on every video, because quite frankly they would end up sounding like a broken record.

D

Deleted member

I feel like it's just that those comments tend to get buried, people are probably more likely to like a humorous comment over a wholesome one. Also, as a youtuber becomes more popular, they're going to build up more of a fanbase and have people who comment on every video. Those sorts of people probably aren't going to be commenting positive reinforcement on every video, because quite frankly they would end up sounding like a broken record.
True. Maybe I’m being stupid, then. lol

It’s just kinda tiring seeing more meme comments, and never seeing onenwith legit constructive critism. (To put thatninti perspective, with exception of my own, I’ve seen maybe 3 in my entirety of being on YT,

D

Deleted member

Really? Huh. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong places?
Could be, although I’m not the right person to value the way anyone uses Youtube.

Just know that if you really believe your comments can do more good than bad, you should try to write them.

Many youtubers try to read every single comment, even if it doesn’t seem that way.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Youtube comments can be pretty sketchy. You can find gold nuggets in there, but it's normally quite difficult to find something truly worth remembering.

D

Deleted member

Youtube comments can be pretty sketchy. You can find gold nuggets in there, but it's normally quite difficult to find something truly worth remembering.
I mean, I’m not trying to find something that changes my life, jus something more than “hahaha funny meme”

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People usually don’t go to the comments section to give some big insightful advice. They’re just there to have fun. After all, that’s what YouTube is. An entertainment platform.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since I usually watch YouTube videos on my TV now, I haven't been looking at as many comment sections. But while the number of positive vs meme comments can depend on how popular the video is, there are other factors too. My favorite channel gets hundreds of thousands of views (sometimes a million) per video, and I've seen almost no negative/meme comments in their comment sections.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna say absolute favortes (‘cause that’s very hard to pin down, lol) but I thourghouly enjoy OPMeat’s content. Plus, it’s run by kind and caring people.

I also really like content by my friend SlickSlack. He’s another voice actor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the leaker got to the timeskip in Three Houses. I won't spoil plot details, but if you wanted post-timeskip character portraits for the Black Eagles (plus Raphael, Felix, and Leonie since the leaker recruited them) click below.

Screenshot_20190722-105605~2.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So the leaker got to the timeskip in Three Houses. I won't spoil plot details, but if you wanted post-timeskip character portraits for the Black Eagles (plus Raphael, Felix, and Leonie since the leaker recruited them) click below.

Linhardt is a beautiful baby boy and I love my baby boy

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Linhardt is a beautiful baby boy and I love my baby boy
His full model is even better.
1563798930216.jpg
For real the entire crew looks great. Ferdinand's look is probably my favorite among the guys.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
EVO's schedule for the finals of each game has been revealed, and Smash is at the very end.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I can't remember when EVO has wrapped up in the past, but I really hope that I won't have to stay up until 1 am only to find out that Nintendo's big reveal is the announcement of an announcement (or absolutely nothing). Then again, even the announcement of a Smash direct, like what we got at last year's EVO, was pretty nice.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
EVO's schedule for the finals of each game has been revealed, and Smash is at the very end.

-snip-

I can't remember when EVO has wrapped up in the past, but I really hope that I won't have to stay up until 1 am only to find out that Nintendo's big reveal is the announcement of an announcement (or absolutely nothing). Then again, even the announcement of a Smash direct, like what we got at last year's EVO, was pretty nice.
I wouldn’t exactly bet on anything big. EVO is a tournament. Unless I’m mistaken and they occasionally do reveals as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom