• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just wish there was more we could do about all the toxicity in the Pokemon community right now.

Regardless of what you think of Dexit it's really embarrassing to be a Pokemon fan right now with so many of us acting out over this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the :ulthero: update for Smash Ultimate has to come out before July 17 otherwise Hero won't be playable at EVO next month.
Personally I'm banking on Hero not even being released until after EVO.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Spamming their Twitter isn't harassment in the slightest, so once again, why are you choosing to paint the majority, in your own words, of the movement as harassing people?
I'm pretty down for this discussion ending and the thread moving on, to be frank. A lot of people have said that they're ready for it to kinda stop.

I dropped my phone

On the leg of my desk

The sharp, metal leg of my desk
Well ****, that's awful.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So what you're saying is that Bravely Default gets even more ridiculous in terms of class combinations? That's good to know - I liked how crazy things could get with Octopath's classes (such as combining one of the bonus classes with Merchant to make it so every character in the party followed up their attacks with hard-hitting elemental attacks).

For Bravely Second, do I need to have played the first one to understand what's going on, or is each one a standalone game like Final Fantasy, most Dragon Quests, Persona (at least by my understanding), etc.?
second is a direct sequel which expects you to have played default

and yeah, octopath's class combo potential doesn't even scratch the surface of bravely's - there are certain class builds in default (some removed in second) that will quite literally make you unkillable, so they leave it up to the players how far they want to cheese things with insane strategies

D

Deleted member

Btw, I can’t contain myself from saying this:

Happy Hogan just deeply reminded me of staindgrey staindgrey
Even the scene where he tries to help Peter get over Mysterio’s trauma reminded me about the times Grey helped me deal with anxiety by talking about some experiences with his brother who also dealt with similar stuff.
awwww thats sweet

Grey is greyt.

Wanna know what else is greyt?

ME GETTING THESE MODELS TO WORK
0F946454-9C32-4293-8FC1-7ADA267B4DC6.png
I THINK THEY HATE ME /s

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The discussion is dead.
tenor (1).gif

Actually it isn't but please kill it we want this to stop.

I just wish there was more we could do about all the toxicity in the Pokemon community right now.

Regardless of what you think of Dexit it's really embarrassing to be a Pokemon fan right now with so many of us acting out over this.
I was never really a part of the Pokemon community. The most interaction I had there was Miiverse when I was 7. Good times.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually it isn't but please kill it.
N-No! MY side has to win the argument!! They're wrong, I'm right! There can never be a gray side to all of this, especially this game series for small children! Who would ever dare say tha-

1562872962916.png

oh right

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
second is a direct sequel which expects you to have played default

and yeah, octopath's class combo potential doesn't even scratch the surface of bravely's - there are certain class builds in default (some removed in second) that will quite literally make you unkillable, so they leave it up to the players how far they want to cheese things with insane strategies
Darn - well, I'll give it a shot, and if I find that I can't follow what's going on, I'll see how much the original costs on the 3DS eShop. (I doubt I'll be able to find a physical copy of the first game near me, given that 3DS games seem to be limited to the bargain bins at EB Games around my area)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spamming their Twitter isn't harassment in the slightest, so once again, why are you choosing to paint the majority, in your own words, of the movement as harassing people?
Ok picture this:

Your Ivan the intern, Pokémon days post some cute Pikachu picture see the comments, and maybe report back.

Then you read everything and it’s the same hashtag spammed over and over, on top of the death threats thrown in, and honestly who knows what other shot will be said because Twitter is not working right.

Is it a bad form of harassment? No but it still counts when 24/7 you keep trying to force someone to do the same thing over and over never letting up, that’s literally harassing them until they meet your demand. And honestly last time I checked that hashtag death threats were not a minority. It was pretty close to being even. And there is not a small amount of people targeting those that like and support the game. It’s actually a pretty big one.

Why is sad and pathetic. You act like most of the fan base are being saints right now, but if you look over the internet, sadly that’s not the case. Way too many fans are out of control

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
N-No! MY side has to win the argument!! They're wrong, I'm right! There can never be a gray side to all of this, especially this game series for small children! Who would ever dare say tha-

View attachment 230890

oh right
Boy I sure love when half the thread asks for a discussion to stop, but someone has to get a last joke in. :/

Come on man.

Ok picture this:

Your Ivan the intern, Pokémon days post some cute Pikachu picture see the comments, and maybe report back.

Then you read everything and it’s the same hashtag spammed over and over, on top of the death threats thrown in, and honestly who knows what other shot will be said because Twitter is not working right.

Is it a bad form of harassment? No but it still counts when 24/7 you keep trying to force someone to do the same thing over and over never letting up, that’s literally harassing them until they meet your demand. And honestly last time I checked that hashtag death threats were not a minority. It was pretty close to being even. And there is not a small amount of people targeting those that like and support the game. It’s actually a pretty big one.

Why is sad and pathetic. You act like most of the fan base are being saints right now, but if you look over the internet, sadly that’s not the case. Way too many fans are out of control
Same to you, Z. Stop.

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Correct me if I am wrong
But I can beilive pokemon fandom won for being the most toxic one out of all
They littearly wont give up on the spam and keep spamming that one footage from a mobile game

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I see peoples debating left and right about who is wrong and right, and me I'm just like:
imageedit_3_8770404793.gif

You bunch of ***** ass ************, Bea is the true way and you know it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Boy I sure love when half the thread asks for a discussion to stop, but someone has to get a last joke in. :/

Come on man.
It's a living. :nifty: I don't even know what's going on.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Correct me if I am wrong
But I can beilive pokemon fandom won for being the most toxic one out of all
They littearly wont give up on the spam and keep spamming that one footage from a mobile game
Have you seen the Smash fandom?

Those kids are nuts.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Lets just move out of the topic its making any good out of us all

Anyways Ive been playing dq 3 so far I got a boat I need to sneak in edin bear castle but dont know how

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
awwww thats sweet

Grey is greyt.
When you get a notification that you've been tagged, but it's in a spoiler tag for a movie you haven't seen yet, and then someone else responds to it saying you're great.

azura_screaming.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
When you get a notification that you've been tagged, but it's in a spoiler tag for a movie you haven't seen yet, and then someone else responds to it saying you're great.

View attachment 230893
Cabrera was saying a character reminds him of you because of the emotional support you've given him in the past.

D

Deleted member

You and Noipoi are the kind of people this world needs.

This may sound as a huge affirmation, but I truly think so.
I second this notion.

Really, and maybe I’ll sound crazy, but I say that applies to all the regulars here. (Can’t say everyone, ‘cause I don’t know everyone here personally, of course.)

D

Deleted member

Nonononono, I said greyt.

Also, Far From Home is amazing. You’ll love it.
Far From Home is for me the best MCU movie up to this point.

Not only because of Mysterio, the music and the actors but also because it does kind of deal the themes regarding stuff I lived during the past months in a great way and actually shows neat ways to fight them back.

It is a movie that got into my heart for all the best reasons.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
grey what in the fifty-five layers of **** is the context to this picture
Ticcy is the artist who drew all the fluffy Corrin x Azura stuff I occasionally link here. She's great.

That's a crop of an image where Shigure is competing in a lance throwing contest and Azura is cheering him on like a rabid soccer mom.

Cabrera was saying a character reminds him of you because of the emotional support you've given him in the past.
Awwwwww. @JDCabrera you're great, my dude.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Far From Home is for me the best MCU movie up to this point.

Not only because of Mysterio, the music and the actors but also because it does kind of deal the themes regarding stuff I lived during the past months in a great way and actually shows neat ways to fight them back.

It is a movie that got into my heart for all the best reasons.
Marvel has got it down as far as movies goes. Good actors? Check. Good writers? Check. Good effects? Check. Good jokes. Check.

A lot of it’s appeal to me is the balance between jokes and actually story. It knows when to take itself seriously, and it knows when it can have some fun.

D

Deleted member

Ticcy is the artist who drew all the fluffy Corrin x Azura stuff I occasionally link here. She's great.

That's a crop of an image where Shigure is competing in a lance throwing contest and Azura is cheering him on like a rabid soccer mom.

Awwwwww. @JDCabrera you're great, my dude.
Always glad to bring the best of me to the world.

And yeah, hopefully you get to see the movie. It really feels like a production done with heart and care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom