• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Should I post it on your profile?
Go ahead.
Now let's not go overboard, sir.

Bruh, making this level visually interesting was a chore, like what do you mean there is only 1 type of background platform? And where are my wine and other **** like that?

But to come back on you, start by making the level first, then after it's done, add stuff on top of it that won't change the level design, but will make it more appaeling to look at, that's how I do.
I'll try that. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So decided to list down a bunch of movies I had not seen in theaters and plan to wait until at home whether the internet or NetFlix. As you all already know I plan a commentary on Pokemon Detective Pikachu. Any others you guys would recommend I'd do as well for an commentary?

Escape Room
Cold Pursuit
Captive State
Breakthrough
The Intruder
The Secret Life of Pets 2
The Angry Birds Movie 2
Have you seen Midsommar? I've heard various things, and it sounds like interesting horror.

I don't feel well at all....

I've been too much time outside of the house, dealing with the hot temperatures moving through literally the whole center of Madrid without catching a break on foot...

I have a huge fatige, and I just want to fall into my sofa and free myself from all these nerves and stress. I hope that tomorrow things go better.

But outside of this day, I am enjoying my stance here. I just wish that my mother and uncle knew when to ****ing stop forcing me to keep moving when I can't.
Get some rest when you can, my dude. I hope the situation improves. As everyone else said, also drink water.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Minecraft Earth is coming to Closed Beta with a trailer showing what the heck the game actually is.

Looks kinda interesting but betting that the skins are either gonna be expensive as is or are stuck behind lewt boxes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll see you guys later. Taking my dogs to to the dog park then going to the creek. Then I'll be watching Fast & Furious. Be back on tonight.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm gonna drink lots of water when I arrive.

But I am currently frustrated with my mother, since she is in some kind of denial regarding my status.

Ugh.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Minecraft Earth is coming to Closed Beta with a trailer showing what the heck the game actually is.

Looks kinda interesting but betting that the skins are either gonna be expensive as is or are stuck behind lewt boxes.
I forgot that existed.

Looks interesting enough. May try it out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With Pokemon, I care more that it’s fun than pretty much anything else. Every Pokémon game i’ve played has been fun.

Once the game is out, nobody is going to care about Tail Whip looking the way it always has, as a move nobody uses once they can unlearn it. Animations are a complete and utter nitpick.

Does anybody really want Game Freak to spend countless hours reanimating Pokémon to do more poses and have unique idle animations? It’s never bothered me in the slightest because the gameplay of the series is what has always drawn me in.

Unless of course, you want more Pokémon scrapped just for more animations.

I never played Battle Revolution, but it’s not a full Pokémon game like X/Y, or Sword and Shield will be. Right now it’s the cool thing to do for people on Twitter and Social Media to nitpick the game, at least that’s the way i’m taking it, or at least cherry picking.

By no means does Sword and Shield look like a “perfect” Pokémon game.

Reusing animations like the ones they’re using is working smarter, not harder, something that I myself have been taught to do since I was a teenager. You don’t do things just to do them when you’re understaffed and already have a massive workload, with plenty of deadlines to meet.

I don’t know, maybe the complaining has just kinda gotten old to me. It would be different if the complaints were important to the success of the game or would change things drastically, but pretty much everything except for the National Dex is a nitpick.
Nobody would be upset with the animations if the animations weren't used as a trade off for the Pokédex culling, but that's the issue...they were. Masuda literally said the need for higher quality battle animations was a major reason so many Pokémon were removed, and meanwhile all of the animations are ported from the 3DS games.

THAT'S why people are upset at things like Tail Whip. "It's a shame your favorite Pokémon may not be in another game for who knows how long, but look at this dog swivel along a y-axis. Such a high quality battle animation!"

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Imagine trying to en

Imagine trying to enter your house and the next thing you end falling into a hole

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nobody would be upset with the animations if the animations weren't used as a trade off for the Pokédex culling, but that's the issue...they were. Masuda literally said the need for higher quality battle animations was a major reason so many Pokémon were removed, and meanwhile all of the animations are ported from the 3DS games.

THAT'S why people are upset at things like Tail Whip. "It's a shame your favorite Pokémon may not be in another game for who knows how long, but look at this dog swivel along a y-axis. Such a high quality battle animation!"
Exactly this. I'm fine with Gamefreak reusing old animations (Though I would prefer new ones so characters feel more unique.) but when that's the reason why we can't catch them all, it is disappointing. I'm hoping that Gamefreak will stay true to their word and make the animations better.

D

Deleted member

I'll just hope that tomorrow will be better.

This is the only bad thing that has happened since the trip started.

If I go out tomorrow, it will only be if I meet with my friend and just for a few hours on the evening and not much else.

But for the rest of the day and the morning, I will just vent.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll just hope that tomorrow will be better.

This is the only bad thing that has happened since the trip started.

If I go out tomorrow, it will only be if I meet with my friend and just for a few hours on the evening and not much else.

But for the rest of the day and the morning, I will just vent.
Capture+_2019-07-11-13-07-27.png
good luck with that

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Exactly this. I'm fine with Gamefreak reusing old animations (Though I would prefer new ones so characters feel more unique.) but when that's the reason why we can't catch them all, it is disappointing. I'm hoping that Gamefreak will stay true to their word and make the animations better.
Nah it's not just improving animations that's causing the problem. They wanted to reuse the animations directly, but they ran into issues with the switch architecture, as has been said repeatedly lol.

They designed the models to be reused indefinitely, to avoid this problem. They just weren't able to do a clean import due to how the switch works, so they have a ton more work.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If I see one more person call me a ****ter for liking the new Pokémon games I will-

Be mildly upset for one minute then get on with my life.

Potato_

Smash Lord

This is something I've also thought for a while regarding the whole thing. Masuda's comments made everyone take a magnifying glass to basically every animation and as a result they're getting irritated over stuff they wouldn't care about in the past, because in their mind it's "We traded National Dex for what seems like no differences". That might not be how game development works, but since that's how it was presented to the fans that's how they're gonna interpret it. It's the biggest issue for many people.

I'd bet that the real reason so much stuff is getting reused is something to do internally between Gamefreak and Pokemon Company (not to mention that Gamefreak's admitted they've split their team between Town and SWSH so Pokemon isn't a priority anymore) which is stuff they can't really disclose to the public. So, they've come up with another explanation that is technically true (there are some new animations, check Joe Merrick's twitter for those) and used it.

Honestly I'm just sick of the whole argument. If you still support GF and want the games you're a shill who is supporting bad practices, if you don't and are critical on the game you're a complainer who's being unreasonable.

Why can't we both dislike the changes and be harsh on them while still be willing to buy for what is there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also possum please tell me you read that engadget article for TH cause OH BOY

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Noipoi Noipoi your avi having both best boi and best gurl make you a person with high class tastes.

Cheer, my man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just wanna say if crash gets in
If Crash is in, he needs to have two live action trailers.

One with the American Smack-talking Crash throwing down with Plumber boy at long last and a Japanese one with their wackier Crash.

Noipoi

Howdy!
tfw the Animal Crossing team can delay their game to polish it up while also givinn the makers wiggle room to relax and make it better while GF doesnt even bother doing that
It’s not that they won’t, it’s that they can’t.

They literally can’t delay the game because every other part of the series (the anime, the card game, the toys) relies on a steady influx of games to introduce new characters. They have no choice but to push out one game after the other because the franchise relies on merchandise to survive.

Last edited:

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
If Crash is in, he needs to have two live action trailers.

One with the American Smack-talking Crash throwing down with Plumber boy at long last and a Japanese one with their wackier Crash.
They would both appear together to fight plumber boy moustache man

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nah it's not just improving animations that's causing the problem. They wanted to reuse the animations directly, but they ran into issues with the switch architecture, as has been said repeatedly lol.

They designed the models to be reused indefinitely, to avoid this problem. They just weren't able to do a clean import due to how the switch works, so they have a ton more work.
So basically re-used animations will be in the final game. I'll just... wait 'till the game comes out to give my final verdict.

If I see one more person call me a ****ter for liking the new Pokémon games I will-

Be mildly upset for one minute then get on with my life.
I like them too, but this situation still sucks. Still, it isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s not that they won’t, it’s that they can’t.

They literally can’t delay the game because every other part of the series (the anime, the card game, the toys) relies on a steady influx of games to introduce new characters. They have no choice but to push out one game after the other because the franchise relies on merchandise to survive.
that somehow makes it sound even worse

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Ive seen people littearly in the comments of the pokemon's twitter account acting like its the end of the world or a black hole is attacking
Others are thinking they are heroic about it
And also people being bashed on for telling them to stop

D

Deleted member

**** the live-action trailer idea for Crash.

There, I said it. And I won't get into a heated debate over that.

And Noipoi Noipoi , stay strong.
People can try to shame you for your tastes, but that won't make the awesome stuff you've done for others meaningless.

Because the world does need more people like you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
that somehow makes it sound even worse
Yeah it sucks

They don’t have as much influence in the company as they should, and they need to constantly make games to keep the franchise going. In a perfect world they’d be allowed to spend five years with the whole team working on one game, but the company won’t let them. They’re always working on 3-4 games at a time, spreading their small team thin. Why they don’t hire more people is beyond me. Ever since Pokemon Go made bank the company has been shifting its attention to mobile games, and Gamefreak is just here to introduce new Pokémon for the spin offs.

That’s why they’re making TOWN, to have something else to fall back on. Unfortunately that split up recourses even worse.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I’d assume the battle animations referred to are probably for Gigantamaxing and Dynamaxing. Pointing out Tail Whip is nothing more than cherry picking when it’s been the literal same animation since X/Y and has no reason to be substantially changed considered how the move is used. To me, they clearly aren’t talking about Tail Whip.

It’s not as if i’m completely defending the National Dex being cut, as i’ll miss it too. I think Masuda absolutely should have been more specific in what he was referring to with “high quality animations”. However, i’d still argue the “high quality animations” are for the newest feature.

If that’s not what he was referring to, then they’ve lost me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh so sorry for mentioning him :(

I was just going to say that I encountered him once and it was a bad experience
It was a bad experience for 99% of us, tbh

Anyway I suggest we drop this line of conversation

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I can forgive the animations and cut mon if there's fun content - please GF, give us enough things to do (ideally more than just another Battle Tower reskin) and an online feature that's more like Gen 6's and less like Gen 7's

Question to everyone in smash
You all heard of memoryman right?
Yes
Unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom