• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well first off, imagine going up to a network and trying to convince the execs to allow you to use the characters in a cartoon aimed towards relatively young audiences and include them in the same game that also has this series represented...
View attachment 282075

Not trying to sound like a prude Snake, but I think there’s stuff like that to take into consideration.
I don't think they would care that much honestly, they are perfectly aware that avatar appeals to that same general demographic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well first off, imagine going up to a network and trying to convince the execs to allow you to use the characters in a cartoon aimed towards relatively young audiences and include them in the same game that also has this series represented...
View attachment 282075

Not trying to sound like a prude Snake, but I think there’s stuff like that to take into consideration.
That's true. But considering the show isn't on the air anymore and CN probably KNOWS the show's general fanbase isn't children. Not to mention there's a little letter on the box called a rating. Heck, the characters wouldn't even be on the box.

D

Deleted member

Oh?! You’re approaching me?
“I can’t negate the **** out of your board unless you get closer”
Oh ho ho! Then come as close as you like!
B71FBFB4-DED9-40F2-9671-12A2A72FA580.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

CN probably KNOWS the show's general fanbase isn't children.
Yes, adults enjoy cartoons too.

The vocal group of Steven Universe includes a lot of adults, because adults look a lot deeper into their entertainment, but I am sure there are a lot of children that love Steven Universe that don't really post about it much on the internet.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's true. But considering the show isn't on the air anymore and CN probably KNOWS the show's general fanbase isn't children. Not to mention there's a little letter on the box called a rating. Heck, the characters wouldn't even be on the box.
They’re still profiting off the show post-airing. I’m just saying it still seems like a long shot either way.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would love it is ArcSys made a Nicktoons or Cartoon Network themed fighting game. Their graphical tech with those characters, uhg, I’m drooling! Too bad they probably never would.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
OK. I do not understand why BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle isn't more consistently updated. It is literally an asset dump.
The game hadn't cracked 500K sales as of two months ago so I imagine it hasn't pulled in enough money to justify adding more content.
Those numbers are decent for Blazblue, albeit down from the two most recent core titles, but when you have a crossover between various properties and companies, you need more money to actually license more stuff from those other companies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm curious what to see on new Pokémon and forms in Sword & Shield's The Crown Tundra. On one hand, The Isle of Armor almost revealed everything before release, leaving little for surprises. On the other hand, datamining suggests a lot of stuff is coming to The Crown Tundra.

Before The Isle of Armor's release
Galarian Slowbro
Gigantamax Venusaur
Gigantamax Blastoise
Gigantamax Rillaboom
Gigantamax Cinderace
Gigantamax Inteleon
Kubfu
Urshifu (2 Forms)
Gigantamax Urshifu (2 Forms)
Zarude

After The Isle of Armor's release
World Cap Pikachu
Dada Zarude

Before the Crown Tundra's release
Galarian Slowking (teased)
Galarian Articuno
Galarian Zapods
Galarian Moltres
Regieleki
Regidrago
Calyrex

Found in datamine
"Hakuba"
"Kokuba"
Calyrex form related to Hakuba
Calyrex form related to Kokuba
Jynx form (possibly)

Hopefully the datamining is onto something.

D

Deleted member

I'm curious what to see on new Pokémon and forms in Sword & Shield's The Crown Tundra. On one hand, The Isle of Armor almost revealed everything before release, leaving little for surprises. On the other hand, datamining suggests a lot of stuff is coming to The Crown Tundra.

Before The Isle of Armor's release
Galarian Slowbro
Gigantamax Venusaur
Gigantamax Blastoise
Gigantamax Rillaboom
Gigantamax Cinderace
Gigantamax Inteleon
Kubfu
Urshifu (2 Forms)
Gigantamax Urshifu (2 Forms)
Zarude

After The Isle of Armor's release
World Cap Pikachu
Dada Zarude

Before the Crown Tundra's release
Galarian Slowking (teased)
Galarian Articuno
Galarian Zapods
Galarian Moltres
Regieleki
Regidrago
Calyrex

Found in datamine
"Hakuba"
"Kokuba"
Calyrex form related to Hakuba
Calyrex form related to Kokuba
Jynx form (possibly)

Hopefully the datamining is onto something.
Honestly I’m just curious what the legendary is gonna do story-wise, because it looks unlike any other legendary in the entire series, and doesn’t seem particularly strong at a glance, especially when compared to the likes of Eteratnus, Reshiram, etc. What kind of impact, if any, will it have on the story?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if this has been posted, but from the looks of it, the next Dragon Ball FighterZ character is going to be revealed this Sunday around 2 pm.

I feel like I'd be fine with most feasible characters, though I hope it's Roshi. (though I wouldn't say no to someone like Raditz, Arale, Uub, Hercule/Mr. Satan, Taopaipai, or Dr. Gero) If it is Roshi, I hope he has a Jackie Chun alternate costume, like how Videl has a long-haired alternate costume.

Omega Shenron might be another possibility, though I haven't seen GT so I don't know if he'd be the best choice for a villain from that.

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
What games have all of you been playing?

For me, I have been playing Terraria.

After that, I will get to Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, and Yakuza 0.

I know my pool of gaming knowledge is a puddle. I need to fix that.
I’ve been playing a lot since I got a computer!

Mighty switch force collection, Wonderful 101 remastered, castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, KOF 14, soul calibur 6, Tekken 7, Blasphemous, Noita, gato roboto, Vanquish, DMCV (as always), and my favorite of the bunch Killer7.

You seriously has to play Killer7 and I’m talking to everyone in this thread. I mean PLAY IT, don’t watch it. It’s on PC, GameCube, and PS2. Play the PC or GameCube version those are way better than the PS2 version I guess. It’s kicked out Pokemon Black in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It’s amazing I cannot praise it enough.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if this has been posted, but from the looks of it, the next Dragon Ball FighterZ character is going to be revealed this Sunday around 2 pm.

I feel like I'd be fine with most feasible characters, though I hope it's Roshi. (though I wouldn't say no to someone like Raditz, Arale, Uub, Hercule/Mr. Satan, Taopaipai, or Dr. Gero) If it is Roshi, I hope he has a Jackie Chun alternate costume, like how Videl has a long-haired alternate costume.

Omega Shenron might be another possibility, though I haven't seen GT so I don't know if he'd be the best choice for a villain from that.
I really, REALLY hope it's Roshi.

Though wasn't Omega Shenron datamined?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really, REALLY hope it's Roshi.

Though wasn't Omega Shenron datamined?
I'm not sure - I think I read something about that, though I have no idea what kind of proof there is to support it.

As for Roshi, I just figure that he'd have a pretty varied moveset, between drunken boxing, shapeshifting to and from his buff form, hypnosis, electricity, and the Mafuba (I could see the Mafuba being his level 3 super, with a special animation if he beats someone with it). They might not be able to use all of that, but I'd think it would make for a pretty fun character.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not sure - I think I read something about that, though I have no idea what kind of proof there is to support it.

As for Roshi, I just figure that he'd have a pretty varied moveset, between drunken boxing, shapeshifting to and from his buff form, hypnosis, electricity, and the Mafuba (I could see the Mafuba being his level 3 super, with a special animation if he beats someone with it). They might not be able to use all of that, but I'd think it would make for a pretty fun character.
I can see the Mafuba as a move that instakills if hit, but kill youself if it misses. High Risk, High Reward, like in OG DB.
On Omega Shenron, I think one of Gogeta's new datamined lines referenced their fight with OS in Gt, so there's that.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace

Personally hoping for either Raditz or Majin Vegeta. Maybe there's a 1% chance for a new stage. Probably not happening, unfortunately,

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Remember that one change in Let's Go that made Teleport have a useful effect in battle? Why was Teleport not made a TM or TR? Teleport is actually really useful. Like, I remember the day I found out that Teleport wasn't a TM or TR, and I was pretty sad about it.

Teleport should come back. I wanna teleport bread competitively. Gamefreak please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized that the Smashboards update removed the "unlike" button when you accidentally like a post. Now it's just a bolded version of the "like" button.

Today is a sad day.
It’s kinda confusing to me ngl, doesn’t make much sense. At least not graphically speaking. Code wise it’s a smart move.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly I’m just curious what the legendary is gonna do story-wise, because it looks unlike any other legendary in the entire series, and doesn’t seem particularly strong at a glance, especially when compared to the likes of Eteratnus, Reshiram, etc. What kind of impact, if any, will it have on the story?
I think that the DLC legends aren't supposed to be box-art tier . I'd say that Kubfu/Urshifu are in a similar position to Crecellia and Heatran in terms of importance, and Calyrex... remains to be seen, but I'd place it at around there, maybe a bit higher.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have really got to keep a better sense of time when playing Viva Piñata.

I told myself around 6 pm est I'd go for 2 hours.

I played it for 3 hours 35 minutes.

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom