• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Again, gonna be perfectly honest here, I don't even understand the addition of the "reaction" score thing when likes still seem to be the only way to "react" to posts.
another weird thing: It looks like you should be able to do more than likes, but that's all I'm seeing. Will they add more?
71E219E0-7FA2-45B8-833F-8010DB023A9D.jpeg

Also, ShinyLegendary wishes to know how many people here remember them. So um, just let me know if you do.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Again, gonna be perfectly honest here, I don't even understand the addition of the "reaction" score thing when likes still seem to be the only way to "react" to posts.

Here we go!

"Yes we know that you're an alt, but you're still her."

"Arriving late was not your fault, and you're so beloved as you were."
:nessecho:: "Are you sure you can handle them? The Heroes can get a bit... random."

:ultbylethf:: "Today, right here, right now, I'll feel again, I'm already being used by someone" (:ulthero4::ulthero3::ulthero2:: Just let us adore you)"

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yes everyone, more reactions are almost certainly coming.

For those unaware of how Xenforo (the forum software) deals with Reaction Scores, in the future we will have the option of choosing between many different reactions. These reactions are designated as “positive”, “neutral”, and “negative” reaction. If your post receives positive reactions, such as likes or 😂, then your reaction score goes up. Neutral reactions do nothing to your score, and negative reactions make it go down. Chances are there will be no negative reactions, but that’s just a glimpse into the future for what will eventually be coming (from what I know about Xenforo, I can’t 100% predict the future yet.)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not to be that guy, but yeah, I'm only liking a handful of the changes so far.

The many additional emotes are nice. Even though I'll probably never use more than half of them lol.

View attachment 281788

Also, ShinyLegendary wishes to know how many people here remember them. So um, just let me know if you do.
I remember them. I'm certain every other regular who was around here at the same time as they were does as well.

:nessecho:: "Are you sure you can handle them? The Heroes can get a bit... random."

:ultbylethf:: "Today, right here, right now, I'll feel again, I'm already being used by someone" (:ulthero4::ulthero3::ulthero2:: Just let us adore you)"
(Doing my best with this one lol)

:ultbylethf:: "Yes, I know that you came before, and that I'm so new. You know how posts feel to the core, and I no longer feel oh so blue."

:ulthero4::ulthero3::ulthero2:: "Today, right here, right now. We'll love again."

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

For those unaware of how Xenforo (the forum software) deals with Reaction Scores, in the future we will have the option of choosing between many different reactions. These reactions are designated as “positive”, “neutral”, and “negative” reaction. If your post receives positive reactions, such as likes or 😂, then your reaction score goes up. Neutral reactions do nothing to your score, and negative reactions make it go down. Chances are there will be no negative reactions, but that’s just a glimpse into the future for what will eventually be coming (from what I know about Xenforo, I can’t 100% predict the future yet.)
This got me a bit confused, so, if I have a certain accumulated number of "likes" right now from the previous version of the forum, if I get a "negative". it will affect it, or does it have to do with more recent posting?

And I have the feeling there might be negative stuff from what I have seen over the years, and I don't know if that might cause more trouble than not getting anything at all? I might be wrong.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This got me a bit confused, so, if I have a certain accumulated number of "likes" right now from the previous version of the forum, if I get a "negative". it will affect it, or does it have to do with more recent posting?

And I have the feeling there might be negative stuff from what I have seen over the years, and I don't know if that might cause more trouble than not getting anything at all? I might be wrong.
If your post is liked, your reaction score would go up by one. If Smashboards enables dislikes, which I don’t believe they will, your reaction score would go down, because disliking is a negative reaction. You don’t need to worry about your reaction score going down, as long as there are no dislikes or any other “angry” or “mad” reactions

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Making a Maintenance Ike support thread.
“Constructs for his friends”
or
“Fights for his boards”?
i didn’t come up with either of these lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
or
“Fights for his boards”?
He's gonna have the worst frame data. Most of his moves take two days to work when they should only last one.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
or
“Fights for his boards”?
Thank you for alerting me that there are inline spoilers too, it’s been a long time coming.

Our previous Xenforo version was pretty dated.

AndreaAC

If your post is liked, your reaction score would go up by one. If Smashboards enables dislikes, which I don’t believe they will, your reaction score would go down, because disliking is a negative reaction. You don’t need to worry about your reaction score going down, as long as there are no dislikes or any other “angry” or “mad” reactions
Oh I was just curious, I am not really worried if it goes down or not, really, but it's quite a change compared to the previous system and I wanted to get how it works. I mean, if people like the stuff I post like when I do drawings or something, good, if not, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

:D Thanks for the clarification, though. Appreciated!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We don't have direct plans for reactions quite yet, and didn't want that to hold up the site upgrade, but I can say we will not have negative reactions. That would be, reactions that reduce user reaction scores, or can be used to indicate negative emotion (dislike/mad/angry/etc).

We may also just never have non-Like reactions; it's totally a possible route. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, I'd rather there not be any "neutral" or "dislike" features.

A neutral reaction feature sounds completely pointless since users can just as easily pass over a post, not liking or replying to the post at all, and adding a dislike feature just seems to be asking for trouble.

That's my two cents, at least. Glad to know it's not likely but if it's ever considered, that's my feedback on it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Imagine wanting to make cheap shows and purposely cut half of a season and then cancel a show just because it cost “too much” and/or you didn’t like it or allow it to be promoted

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
A neutral reaction feature sounds completely pointless since users can just as easily pass over a post, not liking or replying to the post at all, and adding a dislike feature just seems to be asking for trouble.
Mmm, neutral reactions have an appropriate time and place, and are pretty helpful at conveying reaction. It just doesn’t do anything to your reaction score, which is perfectly fine imo.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I would prefer to keep negative reactions away but would also like the option for neutral reactions.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
and now the maintenance ike thread is a thing.
anddd it’s 1 am
if i don’t add you to support list it’s because i’m 💤
goodnight all :maintenance::maintenance:

AndreaAC

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :3 Hey there, NSG! Remember that I was listening to The Hobbit? I had like 2 hours left to go (I think I was on chapter 15) and one day the video I was using to listen before going to sleep vanished. :'( And it appears that the reader/narrator got flagged and false claims by some troll people that posted his videos on facebook and made youtube believe they belonged to them, giving him, I think 2 strikes of the 3 to terminate his channel. And now he decided to start from scratch with his recordings...meaning that he just began with Chapter 1 of the Hobbit. Just my luck. I tried to look for a different video to see if I could finish, but nope, they don't do it for me. I hope I can get back on track and hopefully move on to The Lord of the Rings.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:maintenance: Warchamp7 Warchamp7 we are now best friends. No, you don’t get a choice. :maintenance:

NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy :3 Hey there, NSG! Remember that I was listening to The Hobbit? I had like 2 hours left to go (I think I was on chapter 15) and one day the video I was using to listen before going to sleep vanished. :'( And it appears that the reader/narrator got flagged and false claims by some troll people that posted his videos on facebook and made youtube believe they belonged to them, giving him, I think 2 strikes of the 3 to terminate his channel. And now he decided to start from scratch with his recordings...meaning that he just began with Chapter 1 of the Hobbit. Just my luck. I tried to look for a different video to see if I could finish, but nope, they don't do it for me. I hope I can get back on track and hopefully move on to The Lord of the Rings.
That’s a shame man. Then again if he’s doing it regularly by chapters then it shouldn’t take TOO long for him to catch back up. At least, hopefully.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't mind me, I'm just good old Zachmac with another one of his usual Perry the Platypus avatars.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do we have a change log for the site anywhere?

Or do we have to pick apart all the changes ourselves like ye olde Smashe Foure dayes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom