• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So my local theater has opened obviously though taking precautions.

I love my movies but to play it safe I'm going yo wait until next year to see if things eventually settle down or there is a vaccine by then.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Panda Express is just alright, but I was never really much of a fast food guy, let alone a Chinese food guy.

Tbh, eating fast food like that does get me sick after a while. I don't mind it though, but only every once in a while.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's pretty good, I love the orange chicken.
I know it's fast food and not good quality, but man oh man do I love Panda Express, it's like my biggest weakness whenever I go on a diet. And when I was working in the office, it was across the street so I had it way too often. Orange Chicken, sweetfire chicken, Biejing beef are all soooo sugary and yummy lol! (Yes I know food shouldn't be that sugary, but that's why it's so addicting haha)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I never tried Panda Express since there isn't any in my country. If there is anything I miss eating is Taco Bell.

So my local theater has opened obviously though taking precautions.

I love my movies but to play it safe I'm going yo wait until next year to see if things eventually settle down or there is a vaccine by then.
Same. There is no chance that I am going to watch a movie at a cinema anytime soon if the pandemic is still ongoing. We could see more films head to VoD.

Rocksteady (the studio behind the Batman Arkham games) just announced that they're making a Suicide Squad game.

It's been rumoured for a while now (and was strongly hinted at by Batman: Arkham Origins, though that game wasn't made by Rocksteady), but I'm interested to see if it's set in the same universe as those games, and if so, how they're going to incorporate the broader DCU into that universe. (so far, there were only hints of Superman and the Flash, along with a voice-only cameo from Lex Luthor)
In addition, I think we should be seeing a first glimpse of James Gunn's the Suicide Squad to be at the DC Fandome as well.

D

Deleted member

On more for my classic Sega collection. An such a good game, too.

D

Deleted member

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Quakecon starts in about an hour or so.

If you log in with your Twitch account linked to Bethesda.net you will receive Quake 1 for free. Depending on how some donations go maybe Quake 2 too.

Also, the free-to-play Quake Champions will let you unlock every character for free just by playing one random match this weekend:

D

Deleted member

Elevator Pitch, the next and all future Pokémon games should have one starter for each type. Properly balanced of course. Options for everyone!
On paper I agree somewhat, but the issue I feel is just the raw number of types you would need to design for EVERY GAME. All starters have 3 forms min, and for all 18 types that's a grand total of 54 unique designs you need to do JUST for the first choice you make in the game, meaning 17 evo lines will be unobtainable outside of trading, not counting stuff like Mega's or special variants. That's just unrealistic, even from a purely design perspective. The way it is right now is completely fine IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Was trying to change signature and apparently you can't upload images from your computer, was wanting to upload a photoshop thing.

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
Quakecon starts in about an hour or so.
If you log in with your Twitch account linked to Bethesda.net you will receive Quake 1 for free. Depending on how some donations go maybe Quake 2 too.
Also, the free-to-play Quake Champions will let you unlock every character for free just by playing one random match this weekend:
Reading that for a sec I was like "did someone hack JD's account with a bot?"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Was trying to change signature and apparently you can't upload images from your computer, was wanting to upload a photoshop thing.

Yea, it's weird you can't upload image from your computer on signature....but you can do it fine everywhere else.

D

Deleted member

Lol.

Been on the mood of sharing gaming news I find around Discord over here these past days.

The Quakecon post was basically a copypaste of the one I did at my Discord friends' server, as we have a section dedicated to gaming/entertainment news which we keep updated through news we research.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On paper I agree somewhat, but the issue I feel is just the raw number of types you would need to design for EVERY GAME. All starters have 3 forms min, and for all 18 types that's a grand total of 54 unique designs you need to do JUST for the first choice you make in the game, meaning 17 evo lines will be unobtainable outside of trading, not counting stuff like Mega's or special variants. That's just unrealistic, even from a purely design perspective. The way it is right now is completely fine IMO.
I mean... they already design HOW many Pokemon for each new gen? Just do it like Let's Go where you can find every mon out in the wild, even starters. Just make them rare if you have to.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The issue with so many starters is that they're meant to be a simple intro to how battle mechanics work.
Grass, Fire and Water are a perfect RPS system to start with and the game opens up as you progress. Having every type just takes that away and it's pretty intimidating for a newcomer.

D

Deleted member

I don’t see how letting people pick from more if the Pokémon you already have designed to start off with is needlessly complicated.
It just creates too many options, which is super confusing to new players and even for veteran players makes choosing between starters way harder than just 3 choices.

The way the system is right now allows players to get acquainted with how the game works, while passively teaching them how mechanics like typing bonuses and exp works in a sort of Rock Paper Scissors scenario. But if you just throw all the types at them at once a new player isn't going to know anything and will likely only pick at what is essentially a random order, screwing the early game up depending on the type. They won't learn about the underlying mechanics, won't learn how to properly train Pokemon, because why should they when they can just use their starter Pokemon and breeze through the early game? For players that know how the game works, how type works, all that jazz, it's not a bad idea. But you have to account for the new players who are likely just gonna want something simple to slowly drag them into the gameplay. Shoving countless mechanics and the like in your faces instead of slowly introducing them is the #1 to lose new players fast, coming from something studying game design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, Vegeta, guess what?

Pizza time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It just creates too many options, which is super confusing to new players and even for veteran players makes choosing between starters way harder than just 3 choices.

The way the system is right now allows players to get acquainted with how the game works, while passively teaching them how mechanics like typing bonuses and exp works in a sort of Rock Paper Scissors scenario. But if you just throw all the types at them at once a new player isn't going to know anything and will likely only pick at what is essentially a random order, screwing the early game up depending on the type. They won't learn about the underlying mechanics, won't learn how to properly train Pokemon, because why should they when they can just use their starter Pokemon and breeze through the early game? For players that know how the game works, how type works, all that jazz, it's not a bad idea. But you have to account for the new players who are likely just gonna want something simple to slowly drag them into the gameplay. Shoving countless mechanics and the like in your faces instead of slowly introducing them is the #1 to lose new players fast, coming from something studying game design.
Ok. I believe you then. I'm just trying to get a way to have more choices for your starter, since looking at the history of them, I'm not a fan of many. I figure if there were more choices, there's a higher chance of there being one I actually unashamedly like.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For me I just find that certain foods taste better/are more appealing at certain times of the day.

When I wake up in the morning I'm in the mood for stuff like pancakes, waffles, sausage or bacon, eggs, bananas or blue berries, etc. That's the general taste sensation I get at that time. I don't ever wake up early in the morning having a taste or craving for a steak or burger and fries.

I can still crave and enjoy breakfast foods at dinner time on occasion, though.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah I found all my old Bakugan a few days ago, they're mostly just the same one reskined.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The saga of getting my friend to get on Crunchyroll continues......Today, it seems they haven't screwed my account.

However instead of running me around in a circle (something you really do not do to me.....or anyone else) they could have just said "sorry but we can't do this in a certain way with our. You will need your friend to contact us directly."

Absolute idiots. Understand being underpaid but don't get people running in circles. I prefer people being clean cut with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom