• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy 34th Anniversary to Metroid!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy 34th Anniversary to Metroid!

It is also the birthday of my cousins.

Quite cool that they share birthdays with one of my favourite franchises.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gentlemen! A personal thing from me. Forcing the ship a bit for this.

Before I do, I'm tagging my friends on here who haven't caught wind of it. So Wademan94 Wademan94 , @JDCabrera , @DerpingPikachu , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @Chaos Breaker Dragon and our general crowd. (I mean I see Smashboards as kind of like five-six different crowds of common users but that's not the point.)

So as I've mentioned to some of you on Discord, after my mood swings, anxiety and such with yesterday being a bit of a final **** point, today I have been to the doctors. A small step forward after talking with him and got roughly the landing point.

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks taht is why the mood swings and such has been happened and reacting my friends IRL and online. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.
And the points are the least of risk, compared to say medication.

Bad News - Unfortunately it can't get rid of the loud house issue cause of the siblings so *sighs* have to go through it. Gonna have to go a bit slower with that in mind than I want.

Myself and the forum status.
I'm going to wait until I get into counselling to talk about the social media side in general and my family problems. For now I'm gonna be blocking here and one or two places like Reddit for longer periods like a few days and such. Discord is a no-go on that category though.

• Now I'll raise my hand, I'm a little thinking that few are avoiding me but I know it's not the case I think. If I'm going on the wrong path or is getting you put off, just tell me.
  • I also have a personal theory as to why I get annoyed at post burying so easily but again I'm going to leave it for now.
  • Depending on counselling and such I might go a bigger step and delete my account here and on Reddit. On the bright side it means I can come back under my proper identity however it's the nuclear option order and probably won't happen.
  • And by the way, this post is similar to what I gave my friends IRL, just longer.
And yes about three of my posts buried yesterday was one of the crossing points. I know some of you guys enjoy reading my posts though but it's like "I can't see it." was the best way to explain.

Still despite all this, need to remember my hand is better than billions of other people. You tend to forget that and I wish I could dig it into my head so maybe these swings can be reduced a bit.

So yeah I was going to do it after this post and block here, Reddit and anything social that isn't Discord for a few days but State of Play. After that and I give my thoughts then the clock begins.

In a short sentence. Counselling, a job and an at least attempt of a routine is key to stopping this. Sadly, a few people with egos and my people paranoia are what I have to get over. As they say though in my beloved town, I need to wind my neck in a bit to do it.

Sadly I have to be lengthy in my clarifications to get people to read. That's what happens when you excelled at comprehension and office work.
Do whatever it takes to strengthen your mental state and get your life back on track, friend. I wish you the best of luck with your counseling and securing a job and pray this works wonders for you.

It's unfortunate that you'll have to continue dealing with your siblings for a while but you always have us to turn to if you need to vent; I don't mind it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Before I do, I'm tagging my friends on here who haven't caught wind of it. So Wademan94 Wademan94 , @JDCabrera , @DerpingPikachu , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @Chaos Breaker Dragon and our general crowd. (I mean I see Smashboards as kind of like five-six different crowds of common users but that's not the point.)

So as I've mentioned to some of you on Discord, after my mood swings, anxiety and such with yesterday being a bit of a final **** point, today I have been to the doctors. A small step forward after talking with him and got roughly the landing point.

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks taht is why the mood swings and such has been happened and reacting my friends IRL and online. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.

Bad News - Unfortunately it can't get rid of the loud house issue cause of the siblings so *sighs* have to go through it. Gonna have to go a bit slower with that in mind than I want.

I'm going to wait until I get into counselling to talk about the social media side in general and my family problems. For now I'm gonna be blocking here and one or two places like Reddit for longer periods like a few days and such. Discord is a no-go on that category though.

• Now I'll raise my hand, I'm a little thinking that few are avoiding me but I know it's not the case I think. If I'm going on the wrong path or is getting you put off, just tell me.
  • I also have a personal theory as to why I get annoyed at post burying so easily but again I'm going to leave it for now.
  • Depending on counselling and such I might go a bigger step and delete my account here and on Reddit. On the bright side it means I can come back under my proper identity however it's the nuclear option order and probably won't happen.
  • And by the way, this post is similar to what I gave my friends IRL, just longer.
And yes about three of my posts buried yesterday was one of the crossing points. I know some of you guys enjoy reading my posts though but it's like "I can't see it." was the best way to explain.

Still despite all this, need to remember my hand is better than billions of other people. You tend to forget that and I wish I could dig it into my head so maybe these swings can be reduced a bit.

So yeah I was going to do it after this post and block here, Reddit and anything social that isn't Discord for a few days but State of Play. After that and I give my thoughts then the clock begins.

In a short sentence. Counselling, a job and an at least attempt of a routine is key to stopping this. Sadly, a few people with egos and my people paranoia are what I have to get over. As they say though in my beloved town, I need to wind my neck in a bit to do it.

Sadly I have to be lengthy in my clarifications to get people to read. That's what happens when you excelled at comprehension and office work.
Wishing you the best.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What is this movie and how have I not heard of it before now
*snip*
Yeah uh, it's actually where my current avatar comes from. I would have talked about it more but I'm still just slightly embarrassed that I have only just recently become a P&F fan now that I'm already in my 20s.
how come we don't have asses that are smart? Imagine how creepy yet cool the world would be if our asses could talk and had the IQ of whatever Jimmy Neutron and Rick Sanchez have? Idk why my brain made Mii think about this
You say that like Rick isn't already an ass.

D

Deleted member

hey so uh

nintendo announced on twitter that they're hiring for a new 2D platformer
Unless it's the JP Twitter Account I'm not convinced. Usually they do this kinda stuff on sites designed for hiring, not Twitter. What even is the point of basically saying "hey we got a new game cooking, send help!" on Twitter of all places? It's very uncharacteristic of Nintendo who historically have always cracked down on leaks and usually don't announce games until they're basically done, minus the signature Nintendo polish(the cut scenes for Origami King were finished in November/Early December of 2019 to give a recent example)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm wondering if someone who's more familiar with Koei-Tecmo or Gust than I am could clarify something for me: do they always have terrible DLC prices? (I know that's loaded phrasing, but I'm not sure how else to describe this)

I got a game based on the anime/manga Fairy Tail, and they just released the first batch of DLC. I was expecting the season pass would be $20 or $30, like most season passes, while the costume packs would be $12 or $16, about 75 cents or a dollar per costume. However, that's not the case.

It's $60 US for a season pass consisting of four characters (who already have models in the game, so it's not like this is brand new content) and an unknown amount of missions, and $40 US for a pack of sixteen costumes (there are three separate packs for $40 each). I'm Canadian, so with exchange rates and taxes taken into account, that would roughly be $90 for the season pass and $60 for each of the three costume packs, meaning that if I wanted to get the first wave of DLC, it would be $270 (Canadian) total. They're asking for almost three hundred dollars for four characters and a bunch of costumes, and the season pass is the cost of a full retail game (or several games on the eShop).

Do they usually price the DLC so ridiculously high? I know that wasn't an issue for the Warriors games that I've played, but I wasn't sure if that was due to Nintendo or Bandai-Namco's influence. (I know that one of the Dead or Alive games has roughly a thousand dollars worth of DLC, though I'm not sure if that's an outlier)

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks that is why the mood swings and such has been happening is why I'm reacting to my friends IRL and online as such. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.

Good luck with yourself, my friend.

D

Deleted member

Just got 1/2 of the Fur Hire deck I'm building. Might need to change up the Extra Deck a bit(lacks a bit of punch when I draw like 5 cards a turn but don't have anything to extend into aside from a single Borreload) but I'll deal with that later. Might get new sleeves for it because I can't double sleeves YGO decks and I'm running out of JP size Dragon Shields. Good thing I just got $25 lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah uh, it's actually where my current avatar comes from. I would have talked about it more but I'm still just slightly embarrassed that I have only just recently become a P&F fan now that I'm already in my 20s.

Phineas and Ferb used to be my JAM as a kid, so I’m pretty interested in this movie. I probably won’t watch it myself, but I’ll check out some reviews and such.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Know I'm probably just being an idiot, but how do you start New Game + in Wonderful 101 Remastered? I have read that it's the only way to get the secret characters with the codes.

D

Deleted member

Each episode of Phineas and Ferb had a good chunk of unironically great bops.

Also, after reading Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! 's recent post I think I may tag him when I share my mini review of Candance Against The Universe over here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The episode with that killer Ducky Momo and the episode with that Doofenshmirtz Zombie Invasion scared the **** out of me when I was younger.

D

Deleted member

I also need to check more of that show by the creators of Phineas & Ferb: Milo Murphy's Law or something like that.

Heard good things about It.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Unless it's the JP Twitter Account I'm not convinced. Usually they do this kinda stuff on sites designed for hiring, not Twitter. What even is the point of basically saying "hey we got a new game cooking, send help!" on Twitter of all places? It's very uncharacteristic of Nintendo who historically have always cracked down on leaks and usually don't announce games until they're basically done, minus the signature Nintendo polish(the cut scenes for Origami King were finished in November/Early December of 2019 to give a recent example)
well ya see

it is the JP twitter account

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also apparently Candace Against the Universe is Disney's first 2D animated movie since 2011's Winnie the Pooh.

That's actually kind of sad.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I got home about an hour ago. Car rides suck.

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks that is why the mood swings and such has been happening is why I'm reacting to my friends IRL and online as such. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.

I wish you the best as you work through all this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Animal Crossing needs to ****ing chill with these sales
With all due respect, and I'm asking this as politely as I can, what the ****?
You of all people should not be acting polite over a thought someone on drugs should be thinking about
Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to Jail.

Edit: also, they do exist, I'm a professional smartass.
...but you is a human I assume
nah he's a pickle

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Seriously. Does anybody know how to start New Game Plus mode? All the walkthroughs say it exists, but I can't find the option anywhere in the menus and all the walktroughs and articles just say "you can do New Game Plus mode now!" but they don't tell you how to do it and i don't think it should be this difficult to find but it is and it's stressing me out and the nintendo help line doesn't exist anymore and *screams*

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OK. Seriously. Does anybody know how to start New Game Plus mode? All the walkthroughs say it exists, but I can't find the option anywhere in the menus and all the walktroughs and articles just say "you can do New Game Plus mode now!" but they don't tell you how to do it and i don't think it should be this difficult to find but it is and it's stressing me out and the nintendo help line doesn't exist anymore and *screams*
I haven't played w101, but usually new game + starts when you start a new game on the save file you completed. Like right when you beat the game it usually asks if you want to continue or start a new game. Sometimes indicated with a * or something like that. Don't take my word for it cuz as I mentioned I haven't played w101, so I dont know if its handled differently than other games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I also need to check more of that show by the creators of Phineas & Ferb: Milo Murphy's Law or something like that.

Heard good things about It.
Milo Murphy’s law is very under rated which is a shame as it deserved better.
Sorry but I don’t have the remastered. I sssume you have to beat the game first though. New game plus is a mode in games that usually relies on a past save file.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thank you guys for your thoughts.

I'm not leaving the forums, more so just being on here less by usual.
Unless by counsellors or their thoughts that I should. However I'll never cut off Discord as that's how I talk to my IRL friends and most of my close friends here. Plus Wademan94 Wademan94 and myself especially are continuing our own project talks so that's another reason.

I'm going to be spacious in my visits and blocking for few days here and there, mainly for my well being and to stop mood swings, leading to easy anger. For example I block at the end of today and then I appear again Sunday or Monday. It's going to be like that for a while. Will it get past the days where I post something only I'm interested in like history and some anime and that gets buried? Probably not but I'll get to that bridge when it happens.

This is really nice.

oh and go play NiGHTS if you haven't already guys, it's great
Stop ascending in greatness. Nights is a good game, shame I played it through PS Now.

And I love your pfp, reminds me that I didn't get P5 Royal.

D

Deleted member

Okay while I don't particularly like Bang Dream getting added to CFVG this Quick Shield chibi art is just adorable:

D

Deleted member

Oh I just realised that a State of Play is starting soon.

Hoping for Persona 5 Strikers and maybe (probably not lol) a Trails to Zero/Azure localisation announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom