• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The good news is that I'm visiting family today and tomorrow.

The bad news is that I woke up early and I feel drained. And I haven't even started driving; I still have a half-hour before that happens.

D

Deleted member

Today was apparently the State Of Play presentation.

People around Discord speculate we could see stuff about that Nier remake and Persona 5 Strikers, which would both be cool.

Whatever gets shown, I just hope the reveals are cool enough.

D

Deleted member

Animal Crossing is now the 2nd best selling Switch game.
It's really cool seeing as the last few games didn't really gain much following despite selling relatively well per console. Now almost everyone and their mother knows at least what AC is. One little thing I keep on thinking of though... would it still have sold well even if the whole Corona thing didn't happen? It's not particularly relevent, but it's one of those "what-if" scenarios that I like to think about sometimes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's really cool seeing as the last few games didn't really gain much following despite selling relatively well per console. Now almost everyone and their mother knows at least what AC is. One little thing I keep on thinking of though... would it still have sold well even if the whole Corona thing didn't happen? It's not particularly relevent, but it's one of those "what-if" scenarios that I like to think about sometimes.
Probably not this well but yes. Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's top sellers for quite a while now.

Also, I wouldn't say AC didn't have much of a following, it's just mostly popular among people you don't always see in "gamer" communities, like casuals and women.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I want the Legion of Stationery for Smash as a fighter!
(Coloured Pencils, Rubber Band, Hole Punch, Tape, Scissors and Stapler would have their own moveset as you swap them like Pokemon Trainer.)

D

Deleted member

I want the Legion of Stationery for Smash as a fighter!
(Coloured Pencils, Rubber Band, Hole Punch, Tape, Scissors and Stapler would have their own moveset as you swap them like Pokemon Trainer.)
I doubt it tbh.
At least with Pokemon Trainer the Pokemon they use are all pretty similar in size and hitbox shape so it's not a big deal when you switch coding-wise, but how the hell would you handle switching between models of extremely varying sizes? That's just a recipe for nightmare coding that's for sure, because you need to make sure not a single frame is dropped at all times. As we see with Online play dropping even a single frame can decide matches, so characters need to be as optimized as possible to prevent them from causing lag, which for a theortical character with 6 sub characters that isn't possible. And even if you're referring to the Origami King bosses they all are pretty bland anyway and wouldn't make for interesting movesets because, quite frankly, outside of the rubber band one(which at least has effort put into it's design and actually is pretty creative) the rest are literally just "haha sentient (insert household item here) goes brrrrr"

Last edited by a moderator:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I might check on the State of Play presentation going on today, though I have sort of a waning interest on it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The movie theater in my area is reopening, though seating is limited to fifty people and spread really far apart, and they're mostly showing older movies like Jurassic Park or Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. (along with Sonic the Hedgehog) Even if there aren't many coronavirus cases nearby, I'm not going to put myself at risk to watch a movie, as cool as it would be to see the Empire Strikes Back in theaters again. (the last time I saw it was when the Special Editions came out in the lead-up to Episode 1)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the Doom and Elder Scrolls fans in the thread:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Buckled and decided to buy Persona 5 Royal, since it might not ever come to the Switch.

The new characters are great, particularly Maruki. They also mostly addressed one of my biggest complaints with Akechi in the original--he is much more utilized here and becomes incredibly compelling. I do still feel that could have been taken further but I'm pleased with what we were given.

I do have two issues with the new content however: firstly, it's not so much a "third semester" but rather just a month. Would have really liked Phantom Thieving in the Royal setting with the new Third Awakening Personas in tow. A ton of potential here for quality gameplay and narratives. Waiting almost the entire game to get Violet and to have it end not long after is disappointing too.

Secondly, the ending for it is not as emotionally cathartic as it could have easily been. Instead it is oddly fumbled and rushed. Still, the meaning between the two Royal endings are great and seems like the natural moral conclusion to the Persona 5 story.

All in all I'm glad I gave in and tried it out. It has given me a lot to think about.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been on a bit of a Final Fantasy kick lately.

Playing through IX, as well as replaying VII again. Very interested to see how they'll handle the second part in the remake now that the cast is leaving Midgar.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so I went through the part of the exams from the first semester I think. I responded all the questions but one right. The intelligence of my character was also improved as I did the studying stuff at the school's library just in case.

Also met that psychologist and made him a confident. Seems like a cool and nice character to Talk with, ngl.

Also changed the heart of two people at Mementos: one who harassed his wife and the other a high school bully who surprisingly turned into Jack Frost (the Persona I want to unlock).

Also found a Gate to Igor's cells at Mementos and finally managed to resurrect Arsene.

I am about to sleep in-game to then go visit that art gallery of Who seems to be the next big enemy to face. Hopefully It goes well.

Gonna tag Lamperouge Lamperouge and osby osby to see how they find my progress so far.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ok, so I went through the part of the exams from the first semester I think. I responded all the questions but one right. The intelligence of my character was also improved as I did the studying stuff at the school's library just in case.

Also met that psychologist and made him a confident. Seems like a cool and nice character to Talk with, ngl.

Also changed the heart of two people at Mementos: one who harassed his wife and the other a high school bully who surprisingly turned into Jack Frost (the Persona I want to unlock).

Also found a Gate to Igor's cells at Mementos and finally managed to resurrect Arsene.

I am about to sleep in-game to then go visit that art gallery of Who seems to be the next big enemy to face. Hopefully It goes well.

Gonna tag Lamperouge Lamperouge and osby osby to see how they find my progress so far.
Seems like you're making great progress.

Just don't forget to rank up Maruki's confidant alongside Faith if you want to access the third semester. I think the cutoff point for the former is sometime in November.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
how come we don't have asses that are smart? Imagine how creepy yet cool the world would be if our asses could talk and had the IQ of whatever Jimmy Neutron and Rick Sanchez have? Idk why my brain made Mii think about this

osby

Smash Obsessed
how come we don't have asses that are smart? Imagine how creepy yet cool the world would be if our asses could talk and had the IQ of whatever Jimmy Neutron and Rick Sanchez have? Idk why my brain made Mii think about this
With all due respect, and I'm asking this as politely as I can, what the ****?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to Jail.

Edit: also, they do exist, I'm a professional smartass.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Gentlemen! A personal thing from me. Forcing the ship a bit for this.

Before I do, I'm tagging my friends on here who haven't caught wind of it. So Wademan94 Wademan94 , @JDCabrera , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @Chaos Breaker Dragon and our general crowd. (I mean I see Smashboards as kind of like five-six different crowds of common users but that's not the point.)

So as I've mentioned to some of you on Discord, after my mood swings, anxiety and such with yesterday being a bit of a final **** point, today I have been to the doctors. A small step forward after talking with him and got roughly the landing point.

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks that is why the mood swings and such has been happening is why I'm reacting to my friends IRL and online as such. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.
And the points are the least of risk, compared to say medication.

Bad News - Unfortunately it can't get rid of the loud house issue cause of the siblings so *sighs* have to go through it. Gonna have to go a bit slower with that in mind than I want.

Myself and the forum status.
I'm going to wait until I get into counselling to talk about the social media side in general and my family problems. For now I'm gonna be blocking here and one or two places like Reddit for longer periods like a few days and such. Discord is a no-go on that category though.

• Now I'll raise my hand, I'm a little thinking that few are avoiding me but I know it's not the case I think. If I'm going on the wrong path or is getting you put off, just tell me.
  • I also have a personal theory as to why I get annoyed at post burying so easily but again I'm going to leave it for now.
  • Depending on counselling and such I might go a bigger step and delete my account here and on Reddit. On the bright side it means I can come back under my proper identity however it's the nuclear option order and probably won't happen.
  • And by the way, this post is similar to what I gave my friends IRL, just longer.
And yes about three of my posts buried yesterday was one of the crossing points. I know some of you guys enjoy reading my posts though but it's like "I can't see it." was the best way to explain.

Still despite all this, need to remember my hand is better than billions of other people. You tend to forget that and I wish I could dig it into my head so maybe these swings can be reduced a bit.

So yeah I was going to do it after this post and block here, Reddit and anything social that isn't Discord for a few days but State of Play. After that and I give my thoughts then the clock begins.

In a short sentence. Counselling, a job and an at least attempt of a routine is key to stopping this. Sadly, a few people with egos and my people paranoia are what I have to get over. As they say though in my beloved town, I need to wind my neck in a bit to do it.

Sadly I have to be lengthy in my clarifications to get people to read. That's what happens when you excelled at comprehension and office work.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gentlemen! A personal thing from me. Forcing the ship a bit for this.

Before I do, I'm tagging my friends on here who haven't caught wind of it. So Wademan94 Wademan94 , @JDCabrera , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , @Chaos Breaker Dragon and our general crowd. (I mean I see Smashboards as kind of like five-six different crowds of common users but that's not the point.)

So as I've mentioned to some of you on Discord, after my mood swings, anxiety and such with yesterday being a bit of a final **** point, today I have been to the doctors. A small step forward after talking with him and got roughly the landing point.

Good News - Referred to counselling. The doctor thinks it's a lot of build-up of emotions and with no proper way to expel it so he thinks taht is why the mood swings and such has been happened and reacting my friends IRL and online. To add to this, he also thinks speeding up getting into a job to create a work/life balance will help and therefore, also help the attention span lengthening again despite my physical issues.
And the points are the least of risk, compared to say medication.

Bad News - Unfortunately it can't get rid of the loud house issue cause of the siblings so *sighs* have to go through it. Gonna have to go a bit slower with that in mind than I want.

Myself and the forum status.
I'm going to wait until I get into counselling to talk about the social media side in general and my family problems. For now I'm gonna be blocking here and one or two places like Reddit for longer periods like a few days and such. Discord is a no-go on that category though.

• Now I'll raise my hand, I'm a little thinking that few are avoiding me but I know it's not the case I think. If I'm going on the wrong path or is getting you put off, just tell me.
  • I also have a personal theory as to why I get annoyed at post burying so easily but again I'm going to leave it for now.
  • Depending on counselling and such I might go a bigger step and delete my account here and on Reddit. On the bright side it means I can come back under my proper identity however it's the nuclear option order and probably won't happen.
  • And by the way, this post is similar to what I gave my friends IRL, just longer.
And yes about three of my posts buried yesterday was one of the crossing points. I know some of you guys enjoy reading my posts though but it's like "I can't see it." was the best way to explain.

Still despite all this, need to remember my hand is better than billions of other people. You tend to forget that and I wish I could dig it into my head so maybe these swings can be reduced a bit.

So yeah I was going to do it after this post and block here, Reddit and anything social that isn't Discord for a few days but State of Play. After that and I give my thoughts then the clock begins.

In a short sentence. Counselling, a job and an at least attempt of a routine is key to stopping this. Sadly, a few people with egos and my people paranoia are what I have to get over. As they say though in my beloved town, I need to wind my neck in a bit to do it.

Sadly I have to be lengthy in my clarifications to get people to read. That's what happens when you excelled at comprehension and office work.
I see that this will be a big decision for your life.

I can't do much about It but wish and pray this break from the internet goes as well as possible so your mental health recovers well enough.

Stay strong good friend, with enough effort you can surely get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom