Social THE Social Thread

Bruh what
In the midst of a global pandemic, why is banning TikTok a priority? Did I miss something important?
TLDR
Tiktok is a service made in China that internally is used to gather data off of foreign phones and puts them in a Chinese database.

Because China is a shady country at the moment they can't exactly be trusted with that kinda of information, no matter how useless it is. So it's worth banning.

I come from a family with military connections so this kinda of logic makes sense to me.

Look, I'm not saying that China is wrong for that, but isn't the US kinda guilty if the same thing?

Like, I'm 99% sure Facebook got in hot water for nearly the exact same thing, but almost nothing came out of it.
I think the difference here is that Facebook isn't tied to the government while most if not all businesses in China are tied to the government.

So when a Chinese service is being used and it uses your personal information that stuff goes into the Chinese governments hands while in the case of western social media it's just to the owners of said service to decide what to do with the information.

TLDR
Tiktok is a service made in China that internally is used to gather data off of foreign phones and puts them in a Chinese database.

Because China is a shady country at the moment they can't exactly be trusted with that kinda of information, no matter how useless it is. So it's worth banning.

I come from a family with military connections so this kinda of logic makes sense to me.
I think that's the weird thing. This whole pandemic has changed my view of the country entirely. As a matter of fact all the governments of the major powers my perspective has changed of this and a few other things.

US and UK messed up big time in their approaches. Northern Ireland, my home and part of the UK, only really made it through because A. We aren't on the mainland, B. Our 2 million population and C. We aligned our approaches more with the Republic which won out.

I will never talk bad about the people of any country but I will about the government.

Not gonna go deeper than that for politics unless you want to switch it a bit and talk philosophy.

Last edited:
I think the difference here is that Facebook isn't tied to the government while most if not all businesses in China are tied to the government.

So when a Chinese service is being used and it uses your personal information that stuff goes into the Chinese governments hands while in the case of western social media it's just to the owners of said service to decide what to do with the information.
I mean, I guess, but we still have the NSA and Patriot Act alive and well, so...

Noticing a pattern of the 20+ year olds on this site are sounding like a bunch of oldies when it comes to TikTok.

You guys are becoming old and are starting to develop the boomer mindset without even knowing it lol.
I just don’t think random things that people come up with in like 5 seconds with no effort are funny or deserve praise. It’s just dumb. When it comes to entertainment, I think we should praise items where it’s clear a large ammount of effort went in.

I just don’t think random things that people come up with in like 5 seconds with no effort are funny or deserve praise. It’s just dumb. When it comes to entertainment, I think we should praise items where it’s clear a large ammount of effort went in.
I mean, you described memes as a whole.

Switch FC
SW-0673-8404-9219
I personally like memes.

Zachmac

But...DRAGONS!
Premium
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Noticing a pattern of the 20+ year olds on this site are sounding like a bunch of oldies when it comes to TikTok.

You guys are becoming old and are starting to develop the boomer mindset without even knowing it lol.
I will always take comfort in the fact that no matter how much the world changes or how much society advances, this meme will always be relevant for all of human history.

On an unrelated note, Fortnite bad. Now give me likes.

Dr. Metal X

Fancy meeting you here
Premium
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Everytime I heard about TikTok, it was always something negative or eyebrow raising-worthy, so while I don't doubt they were probably some good stuff in it, I ain't going to be sad it's gone.

the roof of my mouth burned on the pizza and shed out a lot of skin and now all i taste is bleeding

at least the pizza was good
This is some small hours of the night smashboards talks man

although it is strangely calming me somehow

what toppings you got on that bad boy you a cheese and pep or we got some adventurers tonight
(I’m a cheese and pep individual myself)

Switch FC
SW 7573 2962 2407
what toppings you got on that bad boy you a cheese and pep or we got some adventurers tonight
lots of cheese and lots of meats

except pepperoni and canadian bacon, that ****'s just too big for me to handle in a single bite.

after i finish the last slice i'll go try and take that sleep, which will only be like 1 hour long but it's better to have little than none, especially when i'm going to be behind the wheel for six hours

lots of cheese and lots of meats

except pepperoni and canadian bacon, that ****'s just too big for me to handle in a single bite.

after i finish the last slice i'll go try and take that sleep, which will only be like 1 hour long but it's better to have little than none, especially when i'm going to be behind the wheel for six hours
wish you luck sleepless brother fading in the wind

wish you luck

Screw it. Woke up.

Damn neighbour dogs, barks at everything that passes.

My dog only barks when it really wants it's morning food or when someone leaves the house. The damn Shih Tzus.

OK, local politics and philosophy you guys don't hearing.

No one likes talking about our connections to the great cosmos?

The circle of life?

The random bull**** a human speaks?

I'm going back to bed.
And this is why you don't post half asleep. Philosophy. Brain Destroying ****!

Last edited:
Top Bottom