• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Reminder that E32014 was a triple whammy of Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac Man.

No offense to the first 2, but they're definitely Min Min tier.
Like I said. Unless it’s Minecraft Steve or smth. Minecraft Steve is definitely Pac Man tier if you ask me.
So who knows, we might be about to get another gaming icon

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tbh this doesn’t feel right so far. This is meant to be E3, but Min Min doesn’t feel like an E3 character. Hero felt like the first of the two. Min Min felt like,,, Min Min.
Typing it just makes me think the obvious answer is to wait for the next reveal but unless it’s Minecraft Steve or smth this won’t feel like it was even intended for E3
We've only had one E3 with no new Nintendo characters revealed, which was last year. Every other E3 that Smash has been at has had a Nintendo character reveal.

2006::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake:
2013: :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:
2014: :4mii::4palutena::4pacman:
2015: :4feroy::4ryu:
2018: :ultdaisy::ultridley: + Everyone is here.
2019: :ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
2020?: :ultminmin +?

I do think we'll get a third party character, but Min Min is par for the course.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
If Steve gets in the the community reaction is going to be like Cloud’s in Smash 4. Absolute mayhem.

To be honest that’s the main reason I’d like to see him in anyway :bobomb:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LEGO NES got officially revealed.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Birds aren’t real. They are government spy drones. That's why they sit on wires of telephone poles to recharge themselves.

Edit: Same with giraffes as well.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey, I'm currently in the process of making a Switch wishlist for in case I have my very own one day.

Anyone want to give some recommendations?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hey guys. What’s going on with you all?
In a different part of the UK than were I live (hence location on my thing).

Want to go on the swings near me but teenagers are there. Don't want to embarrass myself despite being 23 and really craving going on swings.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hey, I'm currently in the process of making a Switch wishlist for in case I have my very own one day.

Anyone want to give some recommendations?
It's hard to give recommendations without knowing what games you like.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild seem like obvious must-haves, and if you have an interest in JRPGs, I'd strongly recommend getting the demo for Dragon Quest XI (it's 8-10 hours long, and your progress can be transferred to the full game), but beyond that, it's hard to come up with anything specific without knowing what you like, what genres you might want to try out, or what games you've already played on other consoles.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What’d that clown do this time?
What has done now?
So, we all know the game probably isn't coming out anytime soon, and people are getting agitated as it's been over six years of development. Well, a couple of weeks ago, 2 completely random dudes were able to remake the entirety of Yandere Sim in 2 weeks (called Love Sick), and is on their way to make the first rival (which isn't Osana btw, someone completely new). YandereDev didn't like that, so he decided to threaten them with Suicide, saying that if they don't shut down their game, he will kill himself. Now, this was kept quiet to the public, as one of Love Sick's developers said the game will have a different focus, and YandereDev backed down and seemed to support Love Sick as a cover up, but then one of his mods leaked the whole convo as a "GOTCHA" moment for the Love Sick dev. Needless to say, it didn't end well.

Anyway, it's a long story, so read this

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, we all know the game probably isn't coming out anytime soon, and people are getting agitated as it's been over six years of development. Well, a couple of weeks ago, 2 completely random dudes were able to remake the entirety of Yandere Sim in 2 weeks (called Love Sick), and is on their way to make the first rival (which isn't Osana btw, someone completely new). YandereDev didn't like that, so he decided to threaten them with Suicide, saying that if they don't shut down their game, he will kill himself. Now, this was kept quiet to the public, as one of Love Sick's developers said the game will have a different focus, and YandereDev backed down and seemed to support Love Sick as a cover up, but then one of his mods leaked the whole convo as a "GOTCHA" moment for the Love Sick dev. Needless to say, it didn't end well.

Anyway, it's a long story, so read this
Well, can’t say I’m surprised. Geez, man. YandereDev really loves being a **** huh?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So are we getting a Direct or something soon?

Really don't want it to be today.
It’s all but confirmed for Monday. Everything is aligning and the leaker who got the last one right down to its date six weeks prior, says Monday. GameStop added new games to the server and we still have insiders saying more is coming this year.
I'm just eager who they had planned for E3.

If I were a betting man, my guess is, had plans not been ****ed due to Covid, was to have started the presentation with Min Min, and then end it with whoever the **** this new character will be.
My bet is a big reveal 3rd party or 1st party with a lot of demand. That’s what they usually do at E3.

Im still on the Geno train. Plus with all the Mario content this year it would almost be too perfect if that was the original plan.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
We've only had one E3 with no new Nintendo characters revealed, which was last year. Every other E3 that Smash has been at has had a Nintendo character reveal.

2006::metaknight::pit::zerosuitsamus::wario::snake:
2013: :4villager::4megaman::4wiifit:
2014: :4mii::4palutena::4pacman:
2015: :4feroy::4ryu:
2018: :ultdaisy::ultridley: + Everyone is here.
2019: :ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:
2020?: :ultminmin +?

I do think we'll get a third party character, but Min Min is par for the course.
Looking at all of them.
Snake was a huge reveal at the time, first third party in the entire series? Not exactly an icon but it was still crazy.
Nothing needs to be said for Mega Man.
Same for Pac Man.
...And Ryu.
No ‘icons’ here but Ridley was requested a lot and everyone is here was a big thing, so I think that makes up for it
Banjo isn’t a video game icon at the same level of Mega Man or Ryu, but he’s still up there. Combine that with Hero’s popularity in Japan, and...
The difference with Min Min is that most of these characters still had something to them. I’m not gonna say anything about brawl since it was my first smash game and I knew absolutely nothing about the community, but I’m pretty sure Villager was a decently requested character. Wii Fit I can’t make anything up for, she is quite obviously a joke character, but she is unique. Miis are one of the most unique fighters in the game, and palu is alright ig. I don’t feel I have to say anything for Roy, as he was hugely requested at the time, and Daisy is just an echo fighter, if she had been a full character then I understand why people would be like “why did you add her”. Hero is also a super unique character, and so is Min Min.

So honestly, if we’re just following the semi-pattern, we’ve already got our ‘unique’ smash fighter this year, meaning via process of elimination, the next one is either a hugely requested character (like Roy) or an icon (like literally a ton of characters).
My bets are on Steve, if I’m just being honest. But that seems like an obvious choice. I’m also gonna keep my eye open for an icon who’s not too high on the icon tier list. That would be Gordon Freeman.

Sorry for long post, I probably didn’t have to make it so long but I don’t wanna go back and cut anything out.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wademan94 Wademan94 We got a sketch down for the next character. I heard the spiders in Australia where wild but this is something else.
1594747410042.png

This guy is actually the only character who has a voice actor as of now, as I need his voice a little earlier than the others. He's going to be voiced by Tarrelion, an actor I met back in 2018 who has since helped me out on my channel by voicing Pietro for an Animal Crossing dub and a nerdy kid for another comic dub. Tarrelion is also Australian, so that works out rather well!

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm just now realizing that Xenoblade chronicles and Transformers prime have like, the same backstory for both their worlds.
I get what you mean.
Primus is the core of Cybertron while Unicron is the core of the Earth just as Meyneth is the soul of the Mechonis while Zanza is the soul of Bionis.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, I wanna learn Piccolo on FighterZ. Mans looks really fun to play.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'll go ahead and share my movie idea from yesterday.

It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but with anime characters instead of cartoon characters. The plot would be about a rejected anime character who befriends a boy, and together, they try to get the character his own anime.

The movie would be set in the year 2000, so only anime from before then can be in it. The protagonists would meet characters like Sailor Moon, Doraemon, Astro Boy, Speed Racer, Totoro, Lum Invader, Detective Conan, Anpanman, and Sazae-san. There'd also be battle shounen protagonists like Goku, Yusuke, Kenshiro, Kenshin, Seiya, and Luffy (his anime started in 1999). And of course, there'd be cameos from obscure anime.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but with anime characters instead of cartoon characters. The plot would be about a rejected anime character who befriends a boy, and together, they try to get the character his own anime.
Kappa Mikey?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
YanDev or whatever....seems like a perverted Samus simp...but as long as he isn’t a harasser or pedo...or a life destroyer in general. I’ll need more context on this creature

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just picked up the first volume of the "Splatoon: Squid Kids Comedy Show" manga from the book store.

Let's see how this compares to the original Splatoon manga series.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
RJ came out today for Power Rangers. I'm labbing him in training mode right now, and I think I'm in love. This character is ridiculously cool.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo being at E3 last year makes me think they may partially plan the fighters pass around E3 as a marketing tool, having probably the most demanded character of the pass be in the middle so they can be at E3.

I also think Fighter 7 was planned for E3, and will be a requested character, and will be revealed at the heavily rumored direct on the 20th.

I don’t specifically want Geno, but I know A LOT of people do, and I kind of think it may be him.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
My ACTUAL guesses:
Direct on the 16th. It’s a shadow drop.
Info on games that I don’t care for
Fighter’s Pass 7 is either Steve or a Valve character.
Steve makes sense based on what I’ve said in previous messages.
Valve character needs explaining.
I believe if it were a valve character, it would be either Chell or Gordon Freeman. Neither are true gaming icons in the sense, like Ryu, but they’re both characters who every gamer knows, whether it’s a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. They are sub-icons. I say Valve character because I believe a TF2 character may also have a chance, but it’s unlikely imo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I believe if it were a valve character, it would be either Chell or Gordon Freeman. Neither are true gaming icons in the sense, like Ryu, but they’re both characters who every gamer knows, whether it’s a casual gamer or a hardcore gamer. They are sub-icons. I say Valve character because I believe a TF2 character may also have a chance, but it’s unlikely imo.
Am I the only one who would think Chell last when it comes to Valve? Like, she's at the very bottom of the all-star cast in recognizability. Glados is easily Top 3, and the dude from the sequel whos name I can't remember is probably up there, but she's always dead last for me.

I really don't understand where the hype for her comes from. :073: And then people say Team Fortress 2 is unlikely despite it being alive for over 13 years. Like damn, what kind of parallel universe did I step into?

D

Deleted member

Banjo being at E3 last year makes me think they may partially plan the fighters pass around E3 as a marketing tool, having probably the most demanded character of the pass be in the middle so they can be at E3.

I also think Fighter 7 was planned for E3, and will be a requested character, and will be revealed at the heavily rumored direct on the 20th.

I don’t specifically want Geno, but I know A LOT of people do, and I kind of think it may be him.
Honestly as long as the character is cool looking or has a weird moveset im content. I have basically zero interest in who actually gets the DLC treatment, and much more interest in the hypothetical "never gonna happen" theories, like 4th party questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom