• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So, looks like our next character reveal is imminent.

They removed the "NEW" from the website and there's all those Direct rumors for next week.

....Poor Min Min didn't even get 3 weeks of spotlight lmao.
"Okay, Min Min, COVID happened, so we're gonna have to delay your big reveal for a long while."

:ultminmin: "Hm-hm! That's fine by me, I'll still get plenty of time in the spotlight-"

"But it's not gonna affect the development time of the other character we're working on at all, so we're gonna reveal the next newcomer after you two weeks later."

:ultminmin: "SAKURAI WHY"

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Okay, Min Min, COVID happened, so we're gonna have to delay your big reveal for a long while."

:ultminmin: "Hm-hm! That's fine by me, I'll still get plenty of time in the spotlight-"

"But it's not gonna affect the development time of the other character we're working on at all, so we're gonna reveal the next newcomer after you two weeks later."

:ultminmin: "SAKURAI WHY"
I think it's only the trailer that would've needed the COVID delay. The way Min Min breaks the rules of Smash really would need the additional dev time that was claimed in the March 2020 Direct.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Mamboo07 have you been in ProtonJon's Art Discord by any chance?
I feel that you would fit in just fine.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm just now realizing that Xenoblade chronicles and Transformers prime have like, the same backstory for both their worlds.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Velma has a younger sister?!
Yeah. I’m not an expert in the series or anything, but a lot of things got changed up in Mystery Incorporated. I could talk about everything but you only asked for one thing, so
Yes, Velma has a younger sister. She may have appeared before Mystery Incorporated, but I wouldn’t know. She starts showing signs of having a crush on Shaggy and later Shaggy expresses his feelings to her as well.
After breaking up with her older sister.
I’ll never find this not funny.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Possible hot take, but Meta Knightmare modes are the best part of the Kirby Games that feature them, and it's better than the main game.

Also, playing as Meta Knight is more fun than playing as Kirby in every game they're both playable in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Possible hot take, but Meta Knightmare modes are the best part of the Kirby Games that feature them, and it's better than the main game.

Also, playing as Meta Knight is more fun than playing as Kirby in every game they're both playable in.
Man this dude likes Nightmare in Dream Land's version where it's just Sword Kirby with wing flight and has 3 hitpoints

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah. I’m not an expert in the series or anything, but a lot of things got changed up in Mystery Incorporated. I could talk about everything but you only asked for one thing, so
Yes, Velma has a younger sister. She may have appeared before Mystery Incorporated, but I wouldn’t know. She starts showing signs of having a crush on Shaggy and later Shaggy expresses his feelings to her as well.
After breaking up with her older sister.
I’ll never find this not funny.
She apparatus in that magic movie with the Griffin. She went to like a boarding school for magicians. I don’t think she shows up after that though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But seriously, I would like a Meta Knight solo game some day. I know it will never happen, but there's much more the games can do with Meta Knight that the haven't tapped into yet.

Also, I'm biased because Meta Knight is my favorite Kirby character.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
She apparatus in that magic movie with the Griffin. She went to like a boarding school for magicians. I don’t think she shows up after that though.
Just checked after reading this. You’re right. She didn’t even appear in Mystery Incorporated, but I’m pretty sure Abracadabra Doo is in the same universe as Mystery Incorporated, since the art style is almost identical? I don’t know. Either way, I shouldn’t have assumed she was from Mystery Incorporated based on the art style alone.
That does bring up the question: did this movie take place before, after, or somewhere in the middle of Mystery Incorporated? Because if it’s the last one then that means there’s a chance that Shaggy had romantic relations with Velma’s younger sister WHILE he was dating her
I’m sure I could find out but honestly? it’s 1 am and I don’t want to

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just checked after reading this. You’re right. She didn’t even appear in Mystery Incorporated, but I’m pretty sure Abracadabra Doo is in the same universe as Mystery Incorporated, since the art style is almost identical? I don’t know. Either way, I shouldn’t have assumed she was from Mystery Incorporated based on the art style alone.
That does bring up the question: did this movie take place before, after, or somewhere in the middle of Mystery Incorporated? Because if it’s the last one then that means there’s a chance that Shaggy had romantic relations with Velma’s younger sister WHILE he was dating her
I’m sure I could find out but honestly? it’s 1 am and I don’t want to
The art styles are very different lol.

The movies moved on to their own artstyle after the What's New Scooby-Doo was finished.

Mystery Incorporated is one of the few things that firmly established itself as its own universe. Most Scooby-Doo stuff just tries to incorporate everything regardless of how many continuity errors it actually creates.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
The art styles are very different lol.

The movies moved on to their own artstyle after the What's New Scooby-Doo was finished.

Mystery Incorporated is one of the few things that firmly established itself as its own universe. Most Scooby-Doo stuff just tries to incorporate everything regardless of how many continuity errors it actually creates.
Oh what?? I should just stop saying stuff when I don’t know what I’m talking about lmao
When I see the entire gang I can tell exactly where I went wrong
I was only looking at a pic of velma’s sister alone
Which I guess doesn’t save me from immediately getting sent to stupid town but still
the character is technically the same and he has technically had romantic interests in both Velma and her younger sister
Now no more claims that will send me from stupid town to dumb dumb land

Shroob

Sup?
So are we getting a Direct or something soon?

Really don't want it to be today.
We dunno when.

Jongamexplain has hinted Nintendo news is coming soon.

LOTS of leakers/insiders are predicting a Direct very soon

And the Smash website removed the "NEW!" tab, which means a character reveal is likely very soon.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
We dunno when.

Jongamexplain has hinted Nintendo news is coming soon.

LOTS of leakers/insiders are predicting a Direct very soon

And the Smash website removed the "NEW!" tab, which means a character reveal is likely very soon.

OK, hopefully one of my friends can tag me if it shadow drops.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
My guess is a direct today
Travis Touchdown is smash figjter
Info on Bayo 3, we got a playable Zelda
Info on BOTW 2, M rating
No more heroes 3 cancelled due to Travis being the smash figjter
Pikmin 4 is disconfirmed forever it’s never coming
Atlus has had enough of the demands for Persona 5 Switch, and cancels the Persona series
Just trying to be realistic but we’ll see what happens

Shroob

Sup?
My guess is a direct today
Travis Touchdown is smash figjter
Info on Bayo 3, we got a playable Zelda
Info on BOTW 2, M rating
No more heroes 3 cancelled due to Travis being the smash figjter
Pikmin 4 is disconfirmed forever it’s never coming
Atlus has had enough of the demands for Persona 5 Switch, and cancels the Persona series
Just trying to be realistic but we’ll see what happens
Today is possible.

I'd say 'unlikely' since they haven't give us our usualy 1-2 day's notice, but at the same time, the last time we got a General Direct, it was just shadow dropped on us with 0 warning.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Today is possible.

I'd say 'unlikely' since they haven't give us our usualy 1-2 day's notice, but at the same time, the last time we got a General Direct, it was just shadow dropped on us with 0 warning.
Wasn't that just a Direct Mini?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, it was, but it still gave us a ****ton of info.

The fact that they announced a Smash character(but not really, kinda, sorta) out da blue with no one really expecting it is shocking.
Yeah but no other major announcements were made irrc.

I think we'll see our usual 1-2 warning before.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, it was, but it still gave us a ****ton of info.

The fact that they announced a Smash character(but not really, kinda, sorta) out da blue with no one really expecting it is shocking.
I love how Directs can be so surprising.

Never forget Shulk was revealed for Smash 4 in a Japan only 3DS Direct.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Today is possible.

It’s 5 am rn meaning I’m gonna sleep like a baby until around 3 pm meaning if it happens today there is the chance i’m gonna miss it in which case NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but i seriously doubt it.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just eager who they had planned for E3.

If I were a betting man, my guess is, had plans not been ****ed due to Covid, was to have started the presentation with Min Min, and then end it with whoever the **** this new character will be.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I'm just eager who they had planned for E3.

If I were a betting man, my guess is, had plans not been ****ed due to Covid, was to have started the presentation with Min Min, and then end it with whoever the **** this new character will be.
Tbh this doesn’t feel right so far. This is meant to be E3, but Min Min doesn’t feel like an E3 character. Hero felt like the first of the two. Min Min felt like,,, Min Min.
Typing it just makes me think the obvious answer is to wait for the next reveal but unless it’s Minecraft Steve or smth this won’t feel like it was even intended for E3

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh this doesn’t feel right so far. This is meant to be E3, but Min Min doesn’t feel like an E3 character. Hero felt like the first of the two. Min Min felt like,,, Min Min.
Typing it just makes me think the obvious answer is to wait for the next reveal but unless it’s Minecraft Steve or smth this won’t feel like it was even intended for E3
Reminder that E32014 was a triple whammy of Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac Man.

No offense to the first 2, but they're definitely Min Min tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom