• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, since EVO is dead this year, it seems like Japan is doing their own thing

...uhhh

....you can't make this **** up

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yeesh, Capcom pulled a real boner and now they have a mess on their hands.

Tagging Opossum Opossum because he doesn't like when I do this. :teeth:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So new merchandise for the anime has Ash with Lucario and Sirfetch’d already seemingly.

However most interesting is that they tease his last Pokémon. Unlike previous scans however, they blacked out the Pokémon.

This usually is done if it’s for a legendary or new Pokémon.

Makes me wonder what it could be.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just finished watching The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly for the first time. (since it's a three hour movie, I needed to set aside a lot of time to watch it) It's only the second or third western that I've seen (the other ones being the John Wayne version of True Grit and the Jeff Bridges version of True Grit - not sure whether to count that as one or two), and while it dragged a little around the two hour mark, it was still enjoyable, and I can see why Revolver Ocelot was based on Lee Van Cleef (who I had only previously seen in Escape from New York).

I like the movie, and I'm glad that I can cross it off my bucket list. All in all, I had a pretty good birthday.
If you enjoyed it, I suggest checking out the other films in the Dollars trilogy. I personally enjoyed the first film the most.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Aka the same movie where Batman and Superman makes up because their mothers have the same names!
and also aka the Wonder Woman 3 movie I suppose
It's clever, but it's also kinda dumb.

"GRRRRRRR WE WANNA ****ING KILL EACH OTHER!"

"....wait, your mom's name is Martha? 'chaaaa, mine too! Heckin' sweet dude!"

If that was done in like, a casual scene where the two weren't actively trying to beat the snot out of each other, it'd be a really cute scene, but mid combat?....nah
bright side.l.Teen Titans Go to the Movies mocking it was great
Hope you're enjoying it so far! Can't say I did, but I hope you have a good time.
still feels the same...but also feels a bit more enjoyable thanks to the Snyder Cut stuff next year (giving me bs predictions)...outside of the obviously awesome Wonder Woman parts...cause of course she’d still be the best part of a Batman/Superman movie

You know its true evil when even the Disney villain has their standards.
Bill Cipher would approve
Can’t wait for this to blow up in their face...
brain...stop making this a dirty comment please...Wade didn’t mean it brain...I promise

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I realise what people mean now when everyone except my siblings say I'm too hard on myself.

I slept on a leather sofa instead of a bed out of fear from being shouted at by them.

Shroob

Sup?
>Reading a lore summary of a certain series

>The robot character gained sentience

>All they wanted was to be helpful

>They get killed off, sacrificing themselves to protect someone

Alright, cut it out, who the **** started cutting onions in here? I s2g I'll fight whichever one of you did this

1594619284799.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Please. If you haven’t already, play Jurassic Park: The Game by Telletale Games. It’s so damn good! And this is coming from someone who doesn’t like to be scared. But the whole damn thing is just so blood pumping!

Shroob

Sup?

Looks like they realized they made an oopsie.

They're not changing the name, but they're removing the big, highlighted letters that spell out....... well YA KNOW.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, I love fighting Jigglypuff as Ryu.

Jigglypuff trying to approach you in the air? Just tap :GCA: and you'll swat that ***** away like a fly, and it kills at higher percents.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Looks like they realized they made an oopsie.

They're not changing the name, but they're removing the big, highlighted letters that spell out....... well YA KNOW.
***!

I'm just seeing if its censored or not. If it isn't, this is going to ****ing hilarious.

Edit: aww ;(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Reading a lore summary of a certain series

>The robot character gained sentience

>All they wanted was to be helpful

>They get killed off, sacrificing themselves to protect someone

Alright, cut it out, who the **** started cutting onions in here? I s2g I'll fight whichever one of you did this

View attachment 278262
Reminds me of Legion from Mass Effect, darn. Not sure why, but I tend to sympathize with the robots more than the humans, lol. Fallout 4 has a lot of synth characters I like too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Forget everything you think you know about competitive Melee, because one of the most AMBITIOUS children's party game projects of 2018 has just been released, and it's going to change everything. Introducing Smash: Ultimate Bros. Playing Ultimate is the most immersive experience you'll find on a Switch, and it can only really be compared with the biggest Wii and GCN titles. And the best part? It's totally free60$!

Ultimate has all the features you'd expect from a brand new children's party game title, like an amazing storyline, awesome 3D graphics, giant boss fights, PVP battles, and dozens of characters to play and smash with. But I never expected to get this level of performance out of a Switch game.

Almost 20 million players worldwide have already bought the game in just 2 years!

Check out the details on those Mii Costumes!

Personally, I think the game is amazing, but you don't just have to take my word for it, with more than 100 reviews, Ultimate has almost a perfect score on the E-Shop!

....okay, I said the line. Where's my check.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, since EVO is dead this year, it seems like Japan is doing their own thing

...uhhh

....you can't make this **** up

“And on to the next match, this one might get a bit messy.” - Some commentator I guess I dunno
Seriously though, that’s some unfortunate design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to wonder if it's intentional.

SURELY it's intentional. They even highlighted the letters to bring attention to it.
I know I'm super late on this but gonna throw my 2 cents even though this was hours ago.

as a totally mature 16-year old i couldn't help but laugh when I saw that post.

as a graphic designer...... eh while I don't think this was a mistake per say(more like a translation mishap), highlighting the words and making them bigger is Graphic Design 101. it draws you in and makes you look exactly where the designers want you to look, whether that's to the left, right, down, up, the 45.3434th parallel universe, etc. The problem is this isn't a logo of any kind(looks like a quick photoshop text job) so someone had to MANUALLY change the text size, line them up so they was no differences in size or orientation, and then had to send it out. The stereotype of a majority of people in JP knowing both JP and EN isn't helping much when I say that there is still some doubt that this was intentional.

The actual acronym just sounds like something the higher ups thought sounded cool and didn't think about the translation into english. the poor soul who has to edit this lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

oh my god i love this
That's roughly $250, which tbh I dunno if it's worth it at that price for what is essentially a nostalgia box(quite literally lol)

Depends on what weird janky and experimental stuff it comes with honestly to be worth $250. Haven't bought any lego stuff in years so dunno what the standard is for Lego these days.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So how's you guys today?

I petted some goats and have been visiting places in a local area in England.

It's been ok but wonder how my friends are doing?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
*insert overused, unfunny joke about P3 being the first installment in the series*

Vanilla Persona 3 was rough in a lot of ways but it's still one of my favorite games of all time. Most of its themes, writing, direction, and characters still hold up amazingly well to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom