• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Listening to the audio book of the Jurassic Park Novel. And Ian Malcom is an absolute ass. I've read this book before and I guess I must have skipped past most of his rants when I read it because he's just such an ass with some of the stuff he says and I hope to god he's not reflective of the author's own views.

Can we all agree that the movie is way better then the book with Jurassic Park?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Listening to the audio book of the Jurassic Park Novel. And Ian Malcom is an absolute ass. I've read this book before and I guess I must have skipped past most of his rants when I read it because he's just such an ass with some of the stuff he says and I hope to god he's not reflective of the author's own views.

Uh Snake, Michael Crichton also wrote the script for the movie :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?

I think I read that the author considers him his mouthpiece, though I have zero idea what got you upset.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You gotta max out the Faith confidant and check the hideout before a certain date, IIRC.
I figured...but the girl never wanted to be around when I needed her. Oh well, guess I’ll have to run it back later on in the year to fully max out everybody and get all the finishers

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
3am Thought and maybe the only one who would like this:

After listening to the soundtracks and looking at the art of both. I really, really want a Made in Abyss/Gravity Rush crossover. Like it will never happen in this or a million other timelines but man there is so much potential if it ever happened.

1594432569623.png 1594432632540.png

If I ever decide to definitely do fanfiction, you can bet that this is at the top!

And sidenote: Everything Google owns is turning to crap by the day.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

I consider the book version equal to the film version.
The Lost World on the other hand...
Film version stomps on book version.
Fight me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think I read that the author considers him his mouthpiece, though I have zero idea what got you upset.
He has this rant near the end about how science is the **** of the natural world and he then starts glorifying the lifestyles of early humans and calling people who think differently from him unintelligent, or "thintelligent", and how people need to "wake up" and "get the thintelligent people out of power" whatever that means. Like he's just such an ass. He's a realist to a fault. Kind of the opposite of Hammond in that way.

In the film he tries to go on that rant but it's the single most awkward moment in the film and everyone just looks at him like "WTF are you talking about".

Also, movie Hammond is better. That whole subplot is just better in the movie, where it's basically non-existent.
I consider the book version equal to the film version.
The Lost World on the other hand...
Film version stomps on book version.
Fight me.
Still haven't read the lost world book. Wasn't that big on the film to begin with and couldn't find LW as an audiobook.
Uh Snake, Michael Crichton also wrote the script for the movie :yoshi:
Hmmmm.... I don't know how to interpret that. Maybe he mellowed out by the time he wrote the film?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He has this rant near the end about how science is the **** of the natural world and he then starts glorifying the lifestyles of early humans and calling people who think differently from him unintelligent, or "thintelligent", and how people need to "wake up" and "get the thintelligent people out of power" whatever that means. Like he's just such an ass. He's a realist to a fault. Kind of the opposite of Hammond in that way.

In the film he tries to go on that rant but it's the single most awkward moment in the film and everyone just looks at him like "WTF are you talking about".

Also, movie Hammond is better. That whole subplot is just better in the movie, where it's basically non-existent.

Still haven't read the lost world book. Wasn't that big on the film to begin with and couldn't find LW as an audiobook.

Hmmmm.... I don't know how to interpret that. Maybe he mellowed out by the time he wrote the film?
I mean, the character is meant to be written as a smart-ass know-it-all to be fair.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Dropped a potato on my cat.

Edit: okay smashboards I wasn't finished with this post, but this works. Fine.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the character is meant to be written as a smart-ass know-it-all to be fair.
Yeah. And I get that. If that's the point of that rant. It just makes him an unlikable character, which I can appreciate as a writer. But if it's something Chriton actually thinks..... I loose respect for him.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. And I get that. If that's the point of that rant. It just makes him an unlikable character, which I can appreciate as a writer. But if it's something Chriton actually thinks..... I loose respect for him.
To be fair, technology made us lazy ****s. As convenient as it is, there is a certain charm in thinking back to ye olden days...

And realizing how much life sucked and how easy we have it now. We get to live into our 80's or 90's, while most folks would have died of Influenza or Polio long before that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, technology made us lazy ****s. As convenient as it is, there is a certain charm in thinking back to ye olden days...

And realizing how much life sucked and how easy we have it now. We get to live into our 80's or 90's, while most folks would have died of Influenza or Polio long before that.
Exactly. Perspective. Use it.
No.

Both stories are barely comparable.

I mean the movie doesn't even have the raptor nest scene.
That's why i want to make it into a TV Miniseries for like, HBO. Do the stuff from the book that was cut out, and weave in the stuff from the telletale game.

Dutch Raikuna

Oh **** gentlemen and ladies. I've forgotten to ask something.

I'm getting a new Micro SD for the Switch. When I transfer between them, will that affect anything like saves and stuff? Most asking for Animal Crossing.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Oh **** gentlemen and ladies. I've forgotten to ask something.

I'm getting a new Micro SD for the Switch. When I transfer between them, will that affect anything like saves and stuff? Most asking for Animal Crossing.
I'm not exactly sure, maybe not?

Dutch Raikuna

Wait, so dropping a potato isn't relatable to you?

I'll see myself out.
Ah, so your assuming all Irish people are potato farmers!? Probably think that me from Northern Ireland means I see shootings or rioting everyday (well the odd time it does happen around this month but that's not the point). I mean what year do you think Ireland is in. 1970? /s

Joking by the way.

I'm not exactly sure, maybe not?
I'll check. Nice pfp as well my friend, just came off listening to RWBY's Soundtrack.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is Amphibia season 1 good? What is it about?
I just recently got access to Disney Plus and already finished watching through Gravity Falls.
I haven't heard any hype or commotion regarding Amphila.
It's basically about a teenager who's friends pressure her into stealing this strange music box from an antique shop, and she gets transported into another dimension full of intelligent amphibian people instead of humans, from which point she tries to adapt to life there while trying to find a way back home. Her temporary new home dimension is also home to magic, and gigantic animals and insects that eat the amphibians and serve as a regular source of danger and comedy throughout the show.

It starts off like your average slice of life cartoon in a fantasy setting, but there's a clear overarching story to it that unfolds more and more as the season goes on, and it just gets better by the very end, raising plenty of promising new twists and turns. And the next season is shaping to be more serialized and much more focused on storytelling, unraveling the mysteries of the dimension and the conflicts that drive it and the lead as she tries to find her way back with new friends at her side.

Yeah, it starts kinda slow, but it's entertaining and charming for what it is at the beginning, then it really picks up from the midseason finale onward. I would definitely recommend it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Platinumed Curse of the Moon 2.
Honestly might be one of my favourite platformers. Characters are all fun to use and it's a really good challenge for the most part.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
OK, Nintendo, if you're looking at this board right now, of course I highly doubt it, I dare you to play Smash Ultimate online and try to convince me, or anyone else for that matter, that there's nothing wrong with Smash Ultimate online. Seriously, I can't be the only one on here that has had to take 5-10 minutes or so to complete a 3 minute match (OK, maybe not that long, but you get the idea) or had 3 second delay in control inputs. I know I've been hearing people complain about Street Fighter V's online issues....Street Fighter V's online issues have nothing on Smash Ultimate. I'm serious. And to those of you demanding #FixUltimateOnline...don't hold your breath. It will never happen. Nintendo didn't fix it after launch, they didn't fix it last year, why would they do so now? And MK11 has the better Joker..there I said it. Yeah, I'm breathing fire right now

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OK, Nintendo, if you're looking at this board right now, of course I highly doubt it, I dare you to play Smash Ultimate online and try to convince me, or anyone else for that matter, that there's nothing wrong with Smash Ultimate online. Seriously, I can't be the only one on here that has had to take 5-10 minutes or so to complete a 3 minute match (OK, maybe not that long, but you get the idea) or had 3 second delay in control inputs. I know I've been hearing people complain about Street Fighter V's online issues....Street Fighter V's online issues have nothing on Smash Ultimate. I'm serious. And to those of you demanding #FixUltimateOnline...don't hold your breath. It will never happen. Nintendo didn't fix it after launch, they didn't fix it last year, why would they do so now? And MK11 has the better Joker..there I said it. Yeah, I'm breathing fire right now
It's not the greatest, could be a lot better. Are you using a cable for its internet? that helps a bit.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh ok. And I just transfer update data and games I've downloaded between the two as well?
I think thats how it works, I know for sure tho that the game saves or on the console and those dont need to be transfered unless your going to a while new switch.

sorry Im not so knowledgeable in yhis, all I know is when I got a bigger SD card, I formatted it and downloaded all my games I wanted on the new card

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I made an account on my figure collection because I'm bored. I listed off all my nendoroids, sure my Sonic and Pokemon trainer are bootlegs but they were the figures that began my addiction to buying figures so I listed them off anyway.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My current pfp may be a pirate but I wasn't expecting to see booty on this page.

The hell, Mamboo?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Platinumed Curse of the Moon 2.
Honestly might be one of my favourite platformers. Characters are all fun to use and it's a really good challenge for the most part.
I saw Somecallmejohnny's review of the game and he said chapter 3 was a bit of a slog due to the increased difficulty. How challenging did you personally find the game to be, and would a player who was fairly comfortable with the first game be able to handle this one without too many issues?

I'll most likely get the game regardless but I'm not looking for "Castlevania 3" levels of frustration if his words are anything to go by.

D

Deleted member

Seems I have to go through all my posts manually, and report those who quoted me to get content edited out. Sorry folks. No automated purging.

Wish you could just delete posts on here, instead of having to edit out their content.

Edit: The "Please wait X seconds" is getting really annoying.
Edit-2: All done.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
at this point I've blocked Mamboo. I thought it would help, but whenever I hear someone complain about his latest weird post, I feel an overwhelming need to see it.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I saw Somecallmejohnny's review of the game and he said chapter 3 was a bit of a slog due to the increased difficulty. How challenging did you personally find the game to be, and would a player who was fairly comfortable with the first game be able to handle this one without too many issues?

I'll most likely get the game regardless but I'm not looking for "Castlevania 3" levels of frustration if his words are anything to go by.
Johnny used those words himself?

I really wouldn't want "Castlevania 3" hard either, and honestly I have a hard time seeing that be the case when the first CotM was pretty fair difficulty wise. I could see it being harder but not by THAT much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom