• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I loved Bakugan when I was like 9 years old, mostly due to the show
still somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I actually remember watching a glimpse of Bakugan: Battle Brawlers when it was airing on Cartoon Network, it was a long time ago though.
Shun has the best arc if you watch the original Japanese. And Klaus was my favorite side character because he seemed fancy yet competent and followed "rule of cool".

English dub though... eeeeh some lines that are fundamental character building moments are butchered from the og source material.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My only experience with Bakugan was some kid who was a few years younger than me playing with them next to me on a plane ride while I was on vacation.

Some of them hit me in the face.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wait a minute...I once again didn’t get the Joker/Violet finisher

Shroob

Sup?
"Holy **** guys, Wayforward's making a new 3rd party game and NINTENDO thinks it's big enough to cover! This is gonna be huge! CASTLEVANIA OR DUCKTALES????!!!"

Nintendo, "So hey kids, y'all remember Bakugan?"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
"Holy **** guys, Wayforward's making a new 3rd party game and NINTENDO thinks it's big enough to cover! This is gonna be huge! CASTLEVANIA OR DUCKTALES????!!!"

Nintendo, "So hey kids, y'all remember Bakugan?"
No I don't. By the time that show came on Cartoon Network, I moved onto Adult Swim :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I kinda figured something absolutely stupid would happen after I deleted my original account to spur me to make an account again(knowing me, an impulsive person by nature) but if you told me that that "thing" was a new Bakugan game 3 months ago I would have called you stupid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/privatesubforme/comments/hoze8e

I wonder how the Bakugan kid is doing anyway. He did take the whole "everyone is ignoring my posts" to heart, maybe a little too much.

I hope he's doing fine.
I've been reflecting a lot. What is the meaning of life? What is my purpose? Who stole my ramen and ate it yesterday, and left the seasoning out, the madman? But most importantly, on self reflection I saw my old posts and cringed. hard. I have no clue how I didn't see it myself tbh, it was so agonizingly bad and cringe some of the things I did.

But eh, I'm only making this account to do this one ****post anyway(want to avoid the same mistakes I made last time) so don't expect me to go trigger happy and spam the same old jokes that aren't even relevant.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I kinda figured something absolutely stupid would happen after I deleted my original account to spur me to make an account again(knowing me, an impulsive person by nature) but if you told me that that "thing" was a new Bakugan game 3 months ago I would have called you stupid.
https://www.reddit.com/r/privatesubforme/comments/hoze8e

I've been reflecting a lot. What is the meaning of life? What is my purpose? Who stole my ramen and ate it yesterday, and left the seasoning out, the madman? But most importantly, on self reflection I saw my old posts and cringed. hard. I have no clue how I didn't see it myself tbh, it was so agonizingly bad and cringe some of the things I did.

But eh, I'm only making this account to do this one ****post anyway(want to avoid the same mistakes I made last time) so don't expect me to go trigger happy and spam the same old jokes that aren't even relevant.
So you really came back for one final ****post about Bakugan after the news.

Respect. That's some dedication right there.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
-snip-

I appreciate a fella who goes through the effort of making an account for a single post and nothing else. How wild.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing Warface on the switch and it makes me wish that there was a Call of Duty game on the switch so I can play that with my friends instead of Warface

D

Deleted member

So you really came back for one final ****post about Bakugan after the news.

Respect. That's some dedication right there.
Well, maybe not one final post. I mean I'm here now, so I may pop in here and there. When I said a few months ago that I don't even enjoy Smash Bros... something to that sort... I'll admit I wasn't being completly honest. In the moment it made sense, but on self reflection I realized I do enjoy Smash... just in a different way than most people.
I guess you could call me a casual... but that's a topic for another day.

But I'm gonna swear to myself right now: no more spamming random card game references, and more importantly I'm not gonna hover over this specific thread quite literally 24/7. That was one of the big mistakes I made tbh.

For now anyway I got cleaning to do lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wasn't the last time CoD was on Nintendo was with Bo2 on the Wii U?
I'm pretty sure, but given how the Wii U was, I'm not really surprised Activision didn't bother putting any later CoD games on the Wii U.

But given how much a success the Switch is, I feel like Activision is missing easy money by not even porting one of the older games onto the switch.

Then again, it's Activision, they'll probably mess up the port somehow.

D

Deleted member

The funniest thing about the Bakugan game is that quite literally nobody was expecting it. Not even me. Tbh I didn't even know there even was one in development.

And then it's not EVEN decent. The graphics are at least improved from the Wii game but the gameplay just looks boring to me.

It's ironic considering nobody(not even me) cared nor wanted this and even then the dev team still somehow goes under the expectation bar... WHERE THERE WAS NONE :gova:

D

Deleted member

The man appears.

How're your doing @Bakugan2556 . Missed quite a bit.
exhausted, that's for sure

I'll admit I popped into the thread a few times before... well I haven't in months before today anyway but that's besides the point. The rest I bet I likely will figure out myself :p

D

Deleted member

Welp, I just finished proxying a deck a couple hours ago and after playtesting for a few more hours I literally cannot wait to buy the actual car-... 2 months and 3 weeks until VBT09 releases in English are you serious?

Granted the actual deck likely won't cost more than 30 bucks(and even then that's on the higher end of the spectrum, with a good 80-something percent being 1 playset which assumes it sells out quickly enough to hike in price so it's likely gonna be closer to 20) but still that's a long ways to go before I can get rid of the proxies. And I imagine I will be bored of the deck's playstyle by then as well. *sigh* That's what I get when I plan literal months ahead and buy everything but the new cards themselves so I don't have to do it the week or day of the launch.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Speaking of Disney XD, Amphibia returns for the season 2 premiere tomorrow. And given that it looks like it's going to become more serialized with an ongoing and overarching storyline from here on out, I can say I'm really excited for it!
Is Amphibia season 1 good? What is it about?
I just recently got access to Disney Plus and already finished watching through Gravity Falls.
I haven't heard any hype or commotion regarding Amphila.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom