• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Punch Out Wii is something I always wanted to try. People around Discord really reccomend It to me as It seemingly is both an accessible and really challenging Game. And I do like to have challenges in my games.
Hopefully I find It in the near future and if not I may emulate It.

I do own New Horizons, and I have to say each update has made the game improve through the months, adding new activities and items to collect.
Honestly looking forward to the updates we may get for Winter, as It could turn out quite cool.
I’ve always loved the Punch Out series, and have run out of things to do in the NES/SNES online versions. Partially the reason I tried out Little Mac in smash. I know that it’s a good game, and luckily I own a Wii U (cheap as dirt honestly) so if I ever find it somewhere there’s a good chance I’ll grab it then and there.
Animal Crossing has always been that series which I knew for a fact was good but was too afraid to touch. New Horizons is when I finally decided I wanted to try it.
Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet. Gonna have to stick with Pocket Camp a little longer.

Speaking of mobile games, I’ve been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes as of late. What I’ve been trying to do is fill my team with only Corrins (success, new years and regular) and Byleth’s (haven’t gotten male or female)
I’ve summoned like crazy but just can’t seem to get Byleth, even in one’s he is featured in.

D

Deleted member

I’ve always loved the Punch Out series, and have run out of things to do in the NES/SNES online versions. Partially the reason I tried out Little Mac in smash. I know that it’s a good game, and luckily I own a Wii U (cheap as dirt honestly) so if I ever find it somewhere there’s a good chance I’ll grab it then and there.
Animal Crossing has always been that series which I knew for a fact was good but was too afraid to touch. New Horizons is when I finally decided I wanted to try it.
Obviously, that hasn’t happened yet. Gonna have to stick with Pocket Camp a little longer.

Speaking of mobile games, I’ve been playing a lot of Fire Emblem Heroes as of late. What I’ve been trying to do is fill my team with only Corrins (success, new years and regular) and Byleth’s (haven’t gotten male or female)
I’ve summoned like crazy but just can’t seem to get Byleth, even in one’s he is featured in.
In my case I've really wanted to get Claude in Fire Emblem Heroes these past months.

It is being tough to get him, unless I missed out on one of those special summons where you can actually choose who to get (which in that case would be solely my fault), but still hoping I do manage to pick him sooner or later as he was my favourite House leader in 3H.

I just buy every game I want to try.... I got dozens of games I haven't played yet lol
Found myself like that at times, ngl.

The most recent example has been Layton's Mystery Journey for Switch. I bought that game and I still really want to play It... But I just never find the right time for It.

Hoping that now with summer I do find a good moment to try It out doh.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, I said it in the Newcomer thread, I'll say it here.

I went into the Geno thread with an open mind, never really 'looking' into it aside from that one time it got locked.

I left feeling like I had just stepped out of a Flat-Earth truther club.

It's a thread full of bizarre conspiracies and self-affirmation, and you can say people are just 'joking' sure, but it's not helping the thread's image problem of being kinda nuts. Doesn't help that it's the only character thread that's had to be locked 3 times now in under 2 years because a handful of people had meltdowns over people saying things they didn't agree with.

And don't get me started on Fatman.
Nothing I’ve seen was like that, mostly just silly theories or stuff based on info (it’s mostly stuff actually based on info and other stuff or patterns or whatever, I don’t really remember any unfounded theories save for maybe a few one user said last year), but okay whatever.

There’s definitely nothing “unhealthy” though, as none of us are looking into clouds and characters used in past trailers like some dudes on Twitter. I’ve been in there for nearly two years, and aside from a couple or so users getting riled up when someone pops in with a different opinion about some info, I really don’t understand why people generalize everyone in there nor why they hate it so much. Yes people have been overly hostile to trolls instead of just reporting them and/or being calm in any replies to them (hence why it was locked a few times), but I feel that’s understandable tbh and is still silly to blame it on one side.

There are a few users who are extremely optimistic about Geno’s chances, but they seem cheery about it, and probably wouldn’t rage if it ended up not happening, so I don’t see an issue. I do hope they can handle potential disappointment though, but there has been some info and whatever they can at least base that optimism on.

And I still find it better than a thread with some users policing others on what is “correct” speculation or whatever while either being rude or entirely dismissive about your thoughts.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Nothing I’ve seen was like that, mostly just silly theories or stuff based on info (it’s mostly stuff actually based on info and other stuff or patterns or whatever, I don’t really remember any unfounded theories save for maybe a few one user said last year), but okay whatever.

There’s definitely nothing “unhealthy” though, as none of us are looking into clouds and characters used in past trailers like some dudes on Twitter. I’ve been in there for nearly two years, and aside from a couple or so users getting riled up when someone pops in with a different opinion about some info, I really don’t understand why people generalize everyone in there nor why they hate it so much.

There are a few users who are extremely optimistic about Geno’s chances, but they seem cheery about it, and probably wouldn’t rage if it ended up not happening, so I don’t see an issue. I do hope they can handle potential disappointment though, but there has been some info and whatever they can at least base that optimism on.

And I still find it better than a thread with some users policing others on what is “correct” speculation or whatever while either being rude or entirely dismissive about your thoughts.
I mean, at this point, you're seeing what you want to see.

I went in and left with a negative opinion of the thread, and that was with a completely unbiased opinion going in. There's a reason people think the thread is teetering on the edge of insanity, and it's not because we're a bunch of mean meanie Geno haters.

D

Deleted member

Well, that question I made did go better than expected. So another question I have just for curiosity:

Which dessert have ya'll eaten recently?
Yesterday I ate a cup of rice with milk which my aunt made.

It tasted well enough, although a friend of my uncle who lives in Madrid does them better personally.

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna I binged re:zero and finished the first season XD It's past 3 am now tho :p

Hope y'all having fun one way or another. gnight.
Good night Teeb!

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Desserts? Had a slice of strawberry cheesecake on the weekend. Had some hazelnut milktea with boba yesterday if that counts.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, that question I made did go better than expected. So another question I have just for curiosity:

Which dessert have ya'll eaten recently?
Yesterday I ate a cup of rice with milk which my aunt made.

It tasted well enough, although a friend of my uncle who lives in Madrid does them better personally.

Good night Teeb!
gnight.

I love many many desserts XD I have a sweet tooth.
Had some strawberry cake not long ago, was delicious. Often just eat cereal for dessert lately tho :p

D

Deleted member

Desserts? Had a slice of strawberry cheesecake on the weekend. Had some hazelnut milktea with boba yesterday if that counts.
Strawberry cheesecake! I really like those kinds of cakes! There's a café in a popular shopping center in my city which makes delicious cheesecakes. It also has cereals imported from around the world which is cool.

Hazelnut milktea sounds interesting too, ngl. Will try It one day.

gnight.

I love many many desserts XD I have a sweet tooth.
Had some strawberry cake not long ago, was delicious. Often just eat cereal for dessert lately tho :p
Sounds tasty enough!

I do also have a sweet teeth too, although I also tend to eat stuff without sugar ironically enough such as fruit.

D

Deleted member

Now that I mentioned that café from the shopping center...

... Did I tell here the story of how I got the Mario Cereal Box amiibo?

If any of you want to hear the story I wouldn't mind It!

D

Deleted member

Alright, I don't remember this either, but I'll admit at least a couple or so users can sometimes take things too seriously. No one seems to be "unhealthy" though.

I don't think Newcomer Speculation is much better, though. Felt worse tbh; some good people in there, but yeah it finally got tiring due to some stuff with past stuff also having been tiring. Geno thread is usually friendly, though I do think some dudes are too quick to assume stuff when a guy comes in with a differing opinion about some info or whatever. I guess I can kinda understand given past stuff to do with the Geno thread, but it is a bit bothersome when it happens.
I agree. I joined the Geno thread like a little over a week ago and they seem pretty chill. People knew the 7 theory is silly but we just talk about for fun. I don’t think there’s any that is unhealthy. I’ve already seen people being skeptical with some theories about Geno thinking it’s a stretch. It’s certainly not a “I believe everything regarding Geno” mentality as some think.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The way I see It: I feel speculation doesn't really do any good for anyone besides overcomplicating simple stuff involving an innocent crossover game.

It could be as simple as one person saying "Hi, I want this character because of these reasons!" with another person replying "Nice, I personally agree/disagree but would be cool if you get your wish!" and just end It at that. Because in the end It is just a game.

But when people start overthinking everything, going like "no, this one deserves to be in over that one" or "this character has legacy and all that so you must take It seriously"... That's when It starts becoming really tiresome.

I mostly just use Smashboards to hang out with really cool people such as Osby, Guh-Huzzah, DerpingPikachu and many others who all understand me better than my family ever did and happen to also play Smash while enjoying my presence without caring about who I want in... Not to get into overthinking mode in regards to Fighter Passes and all that.

Things just could be simpler... And I want to get away from speculation because It makes everything too complicated and causes more unneeded divisions rather than better connections.
The problem is you've basically got two crowds that are spoiled by different things this time: Fan requests like Ridley and Banjo, and third parties, which itself is split into crowds like those who want more Western, more not-so-mainstream Japanese third-parties, etc. Which makes things a huge ****ing mess.

D

Deleted member

I was planning to send Smashing Ramen a profile post asking them to take me out of the AMA list at least until I returned from my summer break as I realized that would be easier than starting my summer break after my AMA happens.

... But seeing how the thread right now is in a shaky situation and I might have part of the blame for that (hopefully just my anxiety and not true doh)... I'll think I'll wait some hours until things cool down so I can post what I had planned when things go back to being smooth as in some hours ago.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, at this point, you're seeing what you want to see.

I went in and left with a negative opinion of the thread, and that was with a completely unbiased opinion going in. There's a reason people think the thread is teetering on the edge of insanity, and it's not because we're a bunch of mean meanie Geno haters.
I’m not just “seeing what I want to see,” I’m trying to be objective about it.

Most of the theories I’ve seen, whether it be Fatman’s or someone else’s, are actually based on some info and stuff, even if some things can look like or outright be stretches. People within the thread even argue about some theories and info and patterns and stuff. Most users, if any at all, are nothing like you imply, don’t take everything that seriously, and are pretty calm and cool about things.

Yes the thread has had some upsets in the past, but I think it’s getting better, and even during those upsets, most of the users weren’t why they happened.

Very few users actually think Geno is 100% going to be in. The one or two who seem to say that are very cheery and/or calm about it, and while I do hope they can handle disappointment in the case of it not happening, they seem perfectly fine. No one needs their optimism killed and their thoughts policed. I really doubt anyone in there is gonna end up being full of rage and hatred like what people seem to be afraid of.

Meanwhile in the general newcomer speculation thread, if you’ve seen some info you wanna share in there or your own point of view, with it straying from the norm, you’re lucky if it’s seen as a possibility by the more-vocal and argumentative users and you’re lucky if you don’t end up being “stupid” for it, since people in there seem to actually take it all very, very seriously, despite it all being for a dang videogame, and there’s apparently very few right ways to think and speculate.

No nuance from some users, you’re either right and hop in their boat or you’re delusional and unhealthy in your own boat, because they happen to know everything about you somehow and feel the need to police your thoughts. Yes, that behavior is definitely much healthier -_- Most people in there are cool, but it still sucks in there at often times.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not just “seeing what I want to see,” I’m trying to be objective about it.

Most of the theories I’ve seen, whether it be Fatman’s or someone else’s, are actually based on some info and stuff, even if some things can look like or outright be stretches. People within the thread even argue about some theories and info and patterns and stuff. Most users, if any at all, are nothing like you imply, don’t take everything that seriously, and are pretty calm and cool about things.

Yes the thread has had some upsets in the past, but I think it’s getting better, and even during those upsets, most of the users weren’t why they happened.

Very few users actually think Geno is 100% going to be in. The one or two who seem to say that are very cheery and/or calm about it, and while I do hope they can handle disappointment in the case of it not happening, they seem perfectly fine. No one needs their optimism killed and their thoughts policed. I really doubt anyone in there is gonna end up being full of rage and hatred like what people seem to be afraid of.

Meanwhile in the general newcomer speculation thread, if you’ve seen some info you wanna share in there or your own point of view, with it straying from the norm, you’re lucky if it’s seen as a possibility by the more-vocal and argumentative users and you’re lucky if you don’t end up being “stupid” for it, since people in there seem to actually take it all very, very seriously, despite it all being for a dang videogame, and there’s apparently very few right ways to think and speculate.

No nuance from some users, you’re either right and hop in their boat or you’re delusional and unhealthy in your own boat, because they happen to know everything about you somehow and feel the need to police your thoughts. Yes, that behavior is definitely much healthier -_- Most people in there are cool, but it still sucks in there at often times.
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Like I said, I went in with an unbiased opinion and left with an unpleasant experience.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know the odds are indeed low. But again, they’re not completely 0. Nothing is completely impossible. That’s just not how probability works.
Fine, then it's not a 0% chance. It's a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance. :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Anyways, hoping many of you have a good day.

Will try to sleep and see if when I wake up the chat is in a better status.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
According to my eye doctor, my vision's getting worse. Could be because of screen exposure, but I have to for my job and schoolwork by this point.

Doubt I'm going legally blind in my lifetime, but 20/2000 is kinda scary. :191:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Like I said, I went in with an unbiased opinion and left with an unpleasant experience.
Alright then.

Also, just so you and everyone else knows, I actually left the Newcomer Speculation thread after my last post in there because of what I mentioned. I guess I could still pop in there to see what’s going on, but meh, idk...maybe, I am kinda curious about any more potential rumors and stuff tbh though I likely won’t post in there anymore. I still hope everyone in there is doing okay, same with y’all in here and others elsewhere.

D

Deleted member

The Square Enix thread never ended, tbh. The Geno thread constantly has to re-assure themselves whenever the Newcomer thread brings up a Square property that isn't Geno that "Geno's in, they're idiots."

It's ****ing weird and kinda lowkey a cult.
Can you please not? That's a horrible thing to say towards a fanbase.

Yes, Geno thread can get silly. All fanbases do, it's Smash. Please don't single out a fanbase because of this.

Shroob

Sup?
Can you please not? That's a horrible thing to say towards a fanbase.
I think Geno would be fine/whatever addition to the roster.

But as I've said multiple times, I went through about ten or so pages last night of the thread since, "Hey, this thread's always on the front page and I've only ever been in there once, I wonder what it's like". I left with a negative opinion on the thread.

I have nothing against Geno as a character, and wouldn't even mind if he got in, but I'm not a fan of the thread.

D

Deleted member

I think Geno would be fine/whatever addition to the roster.

But as I've said multiple times, I went through about ten or so pages last night of the thread since, "Hey, this thread's always on the front page and I've only ever been in there once, I wonder what it's like". I left with a negative opinion on the thread.

I have nothing against Geno as a character, and wouldn't even mind if he got in, but I'm not a fan of the thread.
That's completely fine. I hate the Newcomer thread, it can get extremely toxic towards people. They actively wanted spirits to deconfirm because of their fanbases, and that's a dumb stance to take.

But calling a fanbase a "cult" is really disrespectful. You don't see me entering the Shantae thread and calling them pedophiles. That would be disgusting to do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How do you expect the Geno thread to act better when its treated like that?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh, Geno thread ain't hurting nobody. They probably get hurt more than anyone there's tried to hurt anyone. I lurk sometimes, only posted like twice when people are really off the deep end trying to connect dots.

They're kinda wacko crazy on some parts but hey man, let 'em have their fun.

They actively wanted spirits to deconfirm because of their fanbases, and that's a dumb stance to take.
Who the **** is they? :191: Sure ain't me.

Shroob

Sup?
That's completely fine. I hate the Newcomer thread, it can get extremely toxic towards people. They actively wanted spirits to deconfirm because of their fanbases, and that's a dumb stance to take.

But calling a fanbase a "cult" is really disrespectful. You don't see me entering the Shantae thread and calling them pedophiles. That would be disgusting to do.
We'll take when people don't take Fatman, a known fraud of a leaker, as an actual source of info.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They actively wanted spirits to deconfirm because of their fanbases, and that's a dumb stance to take.
"BTFO Culture" like this has been a real problem since Smash 4. Hoes Mad is a good example of such a culture, as were "Your Tears" images drawn during the 4 era.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We'll take when people don't take Fatman, a known fraud of a leaker, as an actual source of info.
Bro c'mon what's with the "we" and "they" **** I didn't ask to be a part of a gang. :224:

We don't, but I do respect him. He doesn't deserve the hate he gets.
Eh, I don't care about him much. He posts in Waluigi thread, but he isn't obnoxious. He posts his theories or other statements and is pretty chill by the end of things but I'd rather not engage in a conversation with him.

Shroob

Sup?
We don't, but I do respect him. He doesn't deserve the hate he gets.
I'm sorry but the man said a "Source" of him told him that Iwata was going to be playable.... and he didn't discredit it instantly.

Yes, the best way to respect your boss who died tragically, is putting him in a fighting game where people can beat the **** out of him. No, this isn't made up crap at all.

Even if he threw it out a few days later, the fact that something THIS outlandish he gave the time of day is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Bro c'mon what's with the "we" and "they" **** I didn't ask to be a part of a gang. :224:.
What'd you want me to say? It's gender-neutral.

I'm sorry but the man said a "Source" of him told him that Iwata was going to be playable.... and he didn't discredit it instantly.

Yes, the best way to respect your boss who died tragically, is putting him in a fighting game where people can beat the **** out of him. No, this isn't made up crap at all.

Even if he threw it out a few days later, the fact that something THIS outlandish he gave the time of day is ridiculous.
This I do have issues with. But he did say it was a tribute to Iwata, not Iwata himself. Sometimes I do want him gone so our thread will be left alone, but he's one of us. It's not right to treat him like garbage because of wrong info.

Shroob

Sup?
What'd you want me to say? It's gender-neutral.

This I do have issues with. And sometimes I want him gone so our thread will be left alone, but he's one of us. It's not right to treat him like garbage because of wrong info.
If the only thing you take away from this:

I don't hate Geno, I physically can't hate Geno. I've never played his game, so I have no strong opinion on the character one way or another, so hey, if he's in, cool, if he's not, alright that sucks.

But I just find the thread weird, and a bit crazy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How do you expect the Geno thread to act better when its treated like that?
This is my mindset too. While most users are better now, you have to admit with the trolls and stuff coming in there in the past, it’s kinda hard not to feel bitter about some people outside the thread and feel someone may be trolling once again.

Also when we were pretty much being treated as cultists and stuff despite no evidence (except somehow I, myself, was not suspected until sometime recently due to my thoughts on Cacomallow despite all the times I defended the Geno thread before that :>).

I don’t believe he’s a fraud from everything I’ve seen over the past year+. I think part of the reason he’s viewed that way is due to Sabi who has been proven to be the real serial liar, too. Fatman has even been right about stuff, although most of what he says is speculation (albeit based on stuff he’s heard). Me and other users even disagree on some of the stuff he says.

And he never said Iwata would be playable. He thought maybe there would be a tribute to him, but that isn’t part of his predictions. He’d thought it’d be a character like Lololo or something else iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom